Welcome new members to the Steve Hoffman Music Forums! Please read this first...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Jan 1, 2020.

1. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

When does Season 2 of 2020 start? I don't like Season 1...

2. InPurpleRainbows

InPurpleRainbows Well-Known Member

Hi, I finally joined this fine establishment last week after lurking and reading with much interest here for a year or two. I'm notoriously bad at this kind of thing and then finding out I had less to say than I first thought, but i'm going to persevere with this one as its a pretty amazing goldmine of good things. Thanks for having me on board, I hope to stick around and offer months of rambling and badly chosen emoticons.

David

3. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Hey David! Nice to see you here mate, you should have a really great time. I've honestly learned more here in the last 2 years than I THOUGHT I knew after 35+ years of collecting vinyl. There are many here who really know their stuff, so always feel free to ask about albums, how pressings compare, etc.

Always try to remember to do a 'search' in the 'Music Corner' forum to see if there are existing discussions about what you are asking (something many times in my hurry, I forget to do! o_O)

There is a LOT to learn here, so I hope you enjoy your discussions and we all look forward to your comments too.

Cheers! :tiphat:

Jaime.

4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

main thing is have fun talking about & collecting music! it's not the format... it's all about the music...tell us about your favs! Join UP!

5. latheofheaven

Uh... Michael... he already joined... [​IMG]

6. Michael

what/who are you talking about?

Welcome new members to the Steve Hoffman Music Forums! Please read this first...

that's what I was adding to...

7. One thing that I find bizarre is that there is a CD emoji and a minidisc emoji but no record or cassette emojis. Were emojis invented by Sony? :D

MisterNines and latheofheaven like this.
  8. InPurpleRainbows

Thanks for the welcome and hospitality Jaime! :righton:

latheofheaven and Eric_Generic like this.
  9. latheofheaven

Sure thing mate! And, @Michael above, who also gave you a nice welcome, is really great and is always leaving good comments on many of the threads, so look for them! I was just teas'n him a bit because you had already joined :wave:

***EDIT

One thing that we ABSOLUTELY agree on is that we both like frigg'n

W---I---D---E ........... S---T---E---R---E---O ! ! ! :pineapple:

10. Michael

thanks so much for the kind words. ; ) I knew you were kidding...but, did I? LOL!

OH YEA! YOU GOT IT BABY! 100 % Agreement!
    W---I---D---E ........... S---T---E---R---E---O ! ! ! :pineapple:
    RULES!!!

BRODNATION and latheofheaven like this.
  11. InPurpleRainbows

What a great welcome, thank you both Jaime and Michael! I hardly feel worthy! My posting rate over the next week or so could be at a glacial rate, but I'll do what i can to check out as much as possible.

By the way, out of interest what is your favourite kind of stereo?

:tiphat: I'm here all week.

BRODNATION and latheofheaven like this.
  12. latheofheaven

Let's hope you are here LONGER than a week...

Of course, you know what they say...

7 days without Steve Hoffman makes one weak...

And yes... I am indeed here all 'week'... [​IMG]

InPurpleRainbows likes this.
  13. Cryptical17

Cryptical17 Forum Resident

Can someone point me to an official Forum post on how to post pictures? That’s one thing I can’t seem
    to figure out yet!

spencer1 likes this.
  14. wwaldmanfan

wwaldmanfan Born in the '50's

Log onto a free image posting site, like Postimages.org. Drag your JPEG or PNG file from your desktop into the box as directed. Copy the "Direct Link" to your clipboard. Come back to this site, click the little PIC icon in the toolbar at the top of the posting window, and paste the copied URL into the box to attach it to your post.
    Postimage.org — free image hosting / image upload

15. Cryptical17

Cryptical17 Forum Resident

Thanks for the info. I don’t actually have a desktop and do all my forum posting from my iPhone. Is there a way to post pictures exclusively from iPhone

16. BrentB

BrentB Forum Resident

I do my best to keep my gear information up to date. Overall it does not change much. I have 3 systems set up and I may swap gear from one to another, but often end up switching it back. I do not keep up with everything such as interconnects, speaker wires, tube brands, and isolation, but the big stuff is nearly 100% accurate.
    THANK YOU ALL for making it easy to edit as that is a great help!

latheofheaven likes this.
  17. BRODNATION

BRODNATION The Future Never Dies because Tomorrow Never Knows

Yes, although its a bit of a workaround.

1. Get the Imgur App
    2. Upload from you Camera Roll to Imgur
    3. Copy Link
    4. Paste into image uploader dialog box
    5. Post
    :edthumbs:

Eric_Generic likes this.
  18. Algo_Rhythm

Algo_Rhythm Active Member

Hello. I just joined today. I have seen and read comments on this forum for several years but finally decided to join. I'm not really that much of an audiofile although I will go for the best sounding copy when possible. Anyway, I'm a big music fan(of course and especially prog rock and older rock(pre 21st century although some newer stuff is ok and sometimes even good) and a little bit of a lot)and look forward to reading and participating on here.

19. latheofheaven

And we look forward to hearing from you too! :wave:

20. Algo_Rhythm

Algo_Rhythm Active Member

Thanks. I'm still trying to figure out my way around here. So far it doesn't seem too bad.

21. latheofheaven

A stronger affirmation I've never heard...

[​IMG]

BRODNATION likes this.
  22. Francophile50

Francophile50 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. I just recently joined. I want to thank Steve for creating such a wonderful forum. I'm an old white guy who has been brought up with common sense and manners. I don't know how much I can add here but I can share my love and appreciation for music and other things. I hope to be associated with this form for quite some time and learn much about what you people know. I hope I can live up to the trust you placed in me. I look forward to being here more and reading more posts. Scott

23. latheofheaven

Welcome Scott! :wave:

Hey, don't worry... Steve and all the Gorts are all old white guys too! :D

... wait... Wait! I didn't mean it... honest...

I DIDN'T MEANT IT...!!!!

[​IMG]

Eric_Generic likes this.
  24. Francophile50

Francophile50 Well-Known Member

Lol. I love that coyote. But growing up I always wondered why didn't he just send out for takeout.

latheofheaven likes this.
  25. BwanaBob

BwanaBob Forum Resident

I hate being selfish but could I ask for a rule about posting youtube links?

I don't think I'm the only one whose company blocks youtube because of bandwidth issues. That said, whenever someone creates a thread like "world's worst performance" untold amounts of responses are posted with just a naked youtube link. To me and my fellow sufferers, this just shows up as a blue square with a message saying in so many words "SORRY. you can't look". We have no idea what group/track you're showing us.

Would it be too much to ask that if one is going to post a youtube link that they must also add in the post the name of what they're posting in text?

This way we can all join in the fun, or at least "see" what you all want to show us. Thanks.