Welcome new members to the Steve Hoffman Music Forums! Please read this first...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

:wave:

EG.

BwanaBob and latheofheaven like this.
  2. Synthfreek

Synthfreek Drum machines are not inherently evil.

I take it to the next level and specifically call people out when their video becomes broken. I quote it and ask what it was, thinking that maybe next time they’ll label what they post. The killer is when they can’t even tell I’m being snarky and just post another version of the video STILL not labeling it. When I go through a thread that might be a little older, I’ll quote every one I see so there’s a wall of posts of mine asking what in the hell it was that they posted.

BwanaBob likes this.
  3. 99thfloor

99thfloor Forum Resident

I have wondered about this bit in the Forum Policies, Rules and Terms of Use:

Unacceptable Post and Message Content

• Reviving old threads; please, start a new one.

This seems to be pretty much the exact opposite of the policy that is actually practiced, because whenever someone starts a thread on a subject where there are already some similar old threads they will invariably be told to use the search function and not start new threads (which I must say makes sense, even if some members are a bit overzealaous about it). So why is what's being practiced actually the exact opposite of what is preached?

latheofheaven and Eric_Generic like this.
  4. Synthfreek

Synthfreek Drum machines are not inherently evil.

I think this is just a remnant of the old days where one could easily bump an 8 year old thread.

5. Francophile50

Francophile50 Well-Known Member

I'm confused. Isn't all information relevant no matter how old it is? It's like a thread has an expiration date. You know it's turned but you still need to check. Lol

latheofheaven likes this.