Well now I've heard those...what's the point!!!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by talkingh, Jun 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MichaelXX2

MichaelXX2 Dictator perpetuo

When I heard what Vandersteen Quatros could do with their modern time-correct drivers and stupidly low bass response, I knew I was going to need a pair of those, or the bigger and more expensive 5as. I couldn't resist that 12-inch subwoofer.

Sugar Man likes this.
  2. talkingh

talkingh Vibes Controller Thread Starter

I hope so

3. Steve0

Steve0 Audio Banana

[​IMG]

Bought a pair home to demo, they never left. Enough said.

4. Blank Frank

Blank Frank King of Carrot Flowers

One of those is a thing of great beauty and the other comes from Sussex...

Seriously, why do so many 'speakers have to look so utterly awful? Sonus Faber, for example, showed years ago that it doesn't have to be this way.

5. Blank Frank

Blank Frank King of Carrot Flowers

Back to the original question: every time I heard a pair of Shahinian speakers, from the dinky ones up to Diapasons, my jaw dropped. Even when on the end of Naim electronics, which I often don't get on with.

6. G B Kuipers

G B Kuipers Forum Resident

Any specific ones you are thinking of?

SandAndGlass likes this.
  7. Wollemi

Wollemi Active Member

My new Sonus Faber Olympica IIs blow me away every time I listen to them, as as they get more "run in" they just get better and better.

merlperl likes this.
  8. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

As an operator of a small motel, I have sometimes watched my guests children. Back in 1016 and 2017 I have watched four children from three different sets of single parents. The youngest being seven and the oldest being nine.

As a single bachelor, my "room" is more along the lines of being a man-cave, than a room typically found in a average home. Fortunately all three children were so well behaved they would jump around and have fun, but fortunately, they were never a threat to the gear and because they were well behaved, the gear presented no threats to their safety.

I did however, have to establish a "no throwing balls" rule. Other than that, everything went perfectly fine.

Bronze statues, museum quality collectibles in display... There are some homes where small children just can't be, for the sake of both previously mentioned reasons.

The number one reason people who have enough money, buy Ferrari's, and it not because they know and have a passion for small sports cars (or know how to drive them :sigh:.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.