Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

DCC Archive What are your opinions on Nautilus pressings?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Kevin Korom, Nov 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Korom

Kevin Korom New Member Thread Starter

I've picked up a few mint Nautilus LPs lately, the best of which is Dreamboat Annie (very impressed). The Cars debut sounds quite good, as well as J. Geils Band's Love Stinks.

So, before I go hog-wild & buy a bunch of this brand, what's the consensus on them? Are there any definite titles to avoid? Must buys? I really don't remember this brand at all, they must've been popular during the time I was essentially out of audio, years ago...

Thanks!

2. Ben

Ben New Member

Hi, Kevin...

Let's see...Nautilus Super Discs....sure, I've got a few around here somewhere...

Fleetwood Mac "Rumours" Excellent
    Doobie Bros. "Captain & Me" Excellent
    The Police "Zenyatta Mondata" Really Great!
    Joni Mitchell "Court & Spark" Really Great!

Ummm...I guess they must be pretty good. From my point of view anyway...best wishes...

Ben
    :cool:

3. Randy W

Randy W Original Member

I have a few and they are all good to excellent. The ones I know about that have been improved on in LP form are DCC's Joni Mitchell "Court and Spark" and Classic's "Crosby, Stills & Nash" (big improvement). Some of the other rarer ones are Neil Young "Harvest", Eric Clapton "Just one Night", and Allman Brothers "Live at Fillmore East" - all excellent. Other that are more common but very good sounding are Moody Blues "On a Threshold of a Dream", James Taylor "Gorilla, Joan Baez "Diamonds and Rust", Seals and Croft "Summer Breeze" and the others previously mentioned.

4. pigmode

pigmode Active Member

I've got a few including Zenyatta Mondatta. They were way better than the regular issues. Here in the middle of the Pacific, they were sold only in audio shops as was Mo-Fi. Great sound, no warps, no worries. Buying vinyl was always a hit or miss proposition, and I hated taking chet back.

5. KLM

KLM Forum Resident

I too have several titles. I have purchased them used recently and been overall pleasantly surprised with the overall quality of the Nautilus releases. Specifically, the Police titles and Fleetwood Mac's Rumors lps are excellent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.