What are your YouTube "guilty pleasures"?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Andrew, Apr 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James1972

James1972 Well-Known Member

Badger, badger, badger, mushroom! check it out..............

mrz80 likes this.
  2. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

This updated Beatles cover:

chili555 likes this.
  3. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Say, I like that! :)

4. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Ripley’s Believe It Or Not

5. samthesham

samthesham Forum Resident

1947-1958 Film Noir, when I become bored with everything else this is my rejuvenating trip

Traditional Middle Eastern music

5 - 6 hour of Grateful Dead strictly jams

Multiple hours of Miles Davis

New Castle After Dark

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    trumpet sounds likes this.
  6. bassordrum?

bassordrum? Forum Resident

People making videos of themselves opening CD/LP box sets they just received. I find them useful when contemplating a purchase.

7. HiFi Guy 008

HiFi Guy 008 Forum Resident

This is only part of the whole film.
    Love the sound of that catapult.

willy, mpayan and jbmcb like this.
  8. Pussycat

Pussycat (=^•.•^=)~*

I looove storm videos. I wouldn't skydive, climb Mt Everest or try to pick up a rattlesnake but I'd totally chase a tornado.

Grant likes this.
  9. tennesseeborder

tennesseeborder Forum Resident

I watch old sports games, like the world series, super bowl, nba from the 60's through the 80's. I also watch Johnny Carson, Rodney Dangerfield, and George Carlin

10. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident

(language)

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  11. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I spent too many hours watching videos of people using things like pancake syrup, vegetable oil, moonshine, and hair shampoo as oil substitutes in cars.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  12. Tim Lookingbill

Tim Lookingbill Alfalfa Male

In the past days I've discovered Anthony Jeselnik's style of humor in his stand up routines. This one got me hooked...

[Note: bad language-F-bombs and pokes fun at tragedies in the news]

Scotian and Marble Index like this.
  13. Veggie Boy

Veggie Boy still trudgin'

I still get a kick out of the Charles Ramsey song that was created.

Seriously though, Kudos to Charles Ramsey the hero!!

14. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

The Gregory Brothers are some of the finest Pop songwriters of our age.

15. Veggie Boy

Veggie Boy still trudgin'

wow I just learned something, Thanks!...I thought it was some kid (Schmoyoho?) that took some app, manipulated a couple interview videos and then you get a viral video with a catchy tune.

16. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Nah, they are genuinely talented songwriters who just happen to work making YouTube clips. One of my all-time favorite of their songs could have become a huge pop song a few decades ago:

Veggie Boy likes this.
  17. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

Been watching a lot of Rick Beato What Makes This Song Great? episodes lately. He has quite a long series reaching close to the '00s.

Chris DeVoe, Scopitone and townsend like this.
  18. Laineycrusoe

Laineycrusoe Forum Resident

Recently I've been watching watching r/mr reddit, where he reads entitled parent/revenge stories.

jbmcb likes this.
  19. ManFromCouv

ManFromCouv Employee #3541

There's a 26 minute recap of the action from the Young Turks from Nov.8/2016. I think you know how it goes.

20. jbmcb

jbmcb Forum Resident

GTOger - The concept is stupidly simple. It's a security camera feed from a parking lot for an internet hosting company. They need the lot open all the time, as they have people coming in at all hours of the night to do work on their co-located servers. I've done this loads of times - midnight run to some weird unmarked building in an odd part of town to pick up a server. Anyways, their problem is that they are two blocks away from a major commercial street with loads of sports bars and clubs, so people try parking there all the time. They have giant signs up all over the lot saying "NO PARKING AT ANY TIME" and "YOU WILL BE TOWED" along with several obvious security cameras, but people ignore them. The whole channel is, basically, people being towed, then their reaction afterwards. There is a lot of drunken behavior. A lot of vomiting and urination as well. It's *strangely* intriguing.

Lego Great Ball Machine videos - unbelievably complex machines built out of Lego that move balls around. Search for Lego GBC

howtobasic - Started out as short videos showing you how to pick up an umbrella, or open a door knob, then moved on to more complex cooking videos that inevitably end up with the mute host destroying his kitchen and throwing eggs at everything. Kind of a neo-dadaist take on how-to videos. A recent video shows how to cook a roast. It's over an hour long, as it includes cooking time. For almost an hour the camera shows an oven with a timer counting down. Genius.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    Scotian, Gaslight and chili555 like this.
  21. jbmcb

jbmcb Forum Resident

Those are great, but a lot of those channels are ripoffs of rslash, which is the guy who came up with the idea, and, in my opinion, still the best:

rSlash

His posts are short and sweet, without much commentary, and occasional clips of his puppy at the end.

Laineycrusoe likes this.
  22. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Lately, i've been watching lots of YouTube videos about aeronautics, as it applies to flying passenger airplanes.

23. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Every time I see a tow truck now, I hear the drumbeat in my head.

jbmcb likes this.
  24. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

I can't wait to play this game. 7 months to go till the first part hits!! :D

Grunge Master likes this.
  25. Laineycrusoe

Laineycrusoe Forum Resident

Oh yeah, I watch his videos as well, though r/mr reddit is my favourite of the two. The funny thing is, despite watching both these channels, I've never actually used Reddit in real life.

jbmcb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.