What Band Clothing Do You Own?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by nbakid2000, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge Thread Starter

2 or 3 Killers
    1 Who
    1 Silversun Pickups
    1 ELP
    1 Yes
    1 Uriah Heep
    1 John Lodge
    1 Graeme Edge Band
    1 Moody Blues
    1 Black Sabbath/Wild Turkey
    1 Flogging Molly
    1 or 2 The Darkness
    1 Rush
    1 White Stripes
    1 Keane
    1 Tinted Windows
    1 Clash
    1 KISS
    1 Beatles
    1 Flight of the Conchords

and one shirt that says "My Taste in Music Can Beat Up Your Taste in Music."

I also have Deep Purple belt and a vintage Rush belt buckle and a vintage Yes belt buckle.

2. rene smalldridge

rene smalldridge Senior Member

Vintage panties once worn by the Shaggs.

3. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

I saved most of my rock and roll t-shirts from when I was tourning in the 70's. Unfortunatley that means that they're over 30 years old, full of holes and too small to fit me.

I don't have too many current ones other than one from the Fab Faux and the R&R HoF. Oh I still have the 'crew' t-shirt from the opening of the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas from Mar 95 when we installed the sound systems, and it is still in great shape.

I do have some cool hats, but that's another thread.

Now if you asked about baseball t-shirts, that's another matter. I still have and wear dozens of them I've collected from various events.

4. bayen

bayen Forum Resident

One of the the only band shirts that I still own is a super cool late 70's Clash T-shirt. What makes this one special is the fact that John Lydon wiped his butt with it:D I went to an early PIL show and an audience member tossed the shirt on stage. Johnny picked it up...looked at it and smiling shoved it down the back of his pants. He then threw it back into the audience....directly into my hands. I crouched down and held tight as I was pushed and manhandled as the surrounding crowd tried to take the shirt away. I still have the shirt and its never been washed:righton:

5. clayton

clayton Senior Member

Robin Trower - Bridge of sighs cover
    Ramones - Eagle
    Who
    Jeff Beck

6. tedg65

tedg65 Forum Resident

Rolling Stones Steel Wheels sweatshirt from '89
    KIZZ beltbuckle

part of torn suit worn by Mark from Devo

not clothing: Charlie Watt's used mallets from Orchestra show he did at the now defunct
    Channel Club in Boston around '91 (?)

7. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

Well in that vain, my best score was a set of once used bass strings from Chris Squire.

I immediately gave them to the bass player in my college band and every time I listen to recordings I made of that band I can hear them. Btw, I was responsible for that band's sound and prior to this event had convinced our bass player to buy a Ricky bass and Ampeg SVT amplifier, so the strings really completed the rig.

I found it hard to believe that Chris changed his strings on all his basses on a dailiy basis. Some bass players never ever change their strings. Go figure.

8. oddeyo

oddeyo New Member

two Bob Marley shirts, one is a button up/collar type one t-shirt
    two Charlie Parker t-shirts, one is long sleeve
    a Miles Davis t-shirt
    six Jimi Hendrix t-shirts (one is a jersey)
    a Louis Armstrong t-shirt
    a Beatles hat (given to me, it's too small though)
    a King Crimson tour poster t-shirt (given to me but I never wear it)

9. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

Beatles
    Who

10. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

Grateful Dead 82 tour
    Rolling Stones 95 tour
    Ramones
    Beatles

11. testikoff

testikoff Seasoned n00b

Tees:
    Jimi Hendrix
    Kiss (Gene Simmons)
    Iron Maiden (The Trooper)

Shirt:
    Queen

12. Allen Michael

Allen Michael Fuh you blue

13. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

I've got several, from a Beatles original 65 sweatshirt to a CSN shirt from their recent tour.
    My favorite though is my brothers original Neil Young Tonight's The Night tour shirt, with Everything is Cheaper Than It Looks quote on the back. Too bad I couldn't fit my arm through it now!

14. winojunko76

winojunko76 Forum Resident

Beatles, Hendrix, Doors, Stones, Paul McCartney, Led Zeppelin, Sons of Admirals, Alex Day, All Caps, Thomas Nicholas, Lenny Mink & the Lost and Found.

15. sami

sami Mono still rules

The only concert tee from dozens that I have left is a Keith Richards/Expensive Winos shirt from seeing them at the Tower in Philly.

The only other shirt I have is a cool Marley shirt my wife got me with his mug smoking a big, fat doob taking up the entire front.

16. I have some official Bob Dylan and Rolling Stones t-shirts, but they were really just a waste of money. I rarely wear them and I can find better fitting and better looking t-shirts at just about any department store for a fraction of the cost of an official band t-shirt.

17. Fullbug

Fullbug Forum Resident

Two (2) Keith Richards Patience Please A Drug Free America Comes First t shirts.

18. I only buy stuff where I love both the artist, a whole lot, and the design, at least a fair amount.
    I used to own loads of stuff, but buy more rarely now.
    That said, I guess the answer is still "plenty".
    I have a real penchant for Beatles Tie-Dyes designed by Not Fade Away Graphics. These were made during the mid to late 90's & can only be found used on ebay. I own a load of them...get them because they aren't making any more of them...as of yet. They are talking about revisiting some old designs in the future. I really still love a good tie-dye, and tend towards buying them, but have some other old shirts too. I have bought some recent non-Tie-Dyes on ebay, used & cheap, as well.
    This idea of having a spare (in case of a blow out...and because things wear out) just extended to my recent truckload of Paul Simon tour merchandise purchases...two Black short sleeve shirt with the purple & gold DNA helix logo from the cover of "So Beautiful Or So What" on it, two long sleeve "Graceland" album cover shirts, and two light green baseball caps with "PAUL SIMON" written in white over the top of a dark green version of the Celtic Knot symbol that can be found on the lyric sheet page for "Love Is Eternal Sacred Light". The only other caps I own are black Beatles caps with the classic "drop 'T'" drum logo in white lettering. I don't usually go so nuts, but I really loved the stuff they had. I'm Beatles crazy but could only find a bootleg McCartney shirt that I cared for at all last tour, and just bought one of them. The tour before I found nothing.
    I also have to say that while Paul Simon hardly needs the money, I really appreciated that he touring with a 9 piece band (and he has a great rep for paying his musicians really well), playing only small halls & clubs (while he could certainly sell out hockey arenas), and not charging much at all. That made me feel extra good at dropping some coin at the merch table.

19. Unknown Delight

Unknown Delight Alan Myers Jazz Heads Unite!

-

Cool thread!

:righton:

As far as actual Band-worn clothing...i have a few peices formally worn by members of the band Queen.

One is the pink cartoony dress shirt worn by bass player John Deacon at Live Aid. His entire stage attire from that day i aquired from a charity auction, including the shirt, his jeans, and the white western-styled belt. It is a kick in the head to see that famous segment from Live Aid and see John wearing 'my' cloths!

The other is a pull over Michigan State tank top worn by Brian May during the encore of his last solo tour stop in MI in 93'. A fan had purchased it for him to wear onstage, which he did. It was later signed at a post-show party by the entire Brian May Band, including Cozy Powell, Jamie Moses, Spike Edney and their ol' studio friend Mack.

Now as far as 'Band related' clothing items i wear regularly...lots of t-shirts.

Naturally i have loads of Queen Ts through the years ( the bulk from the 90s).

Also have small handful of recent Beatles related shirts.

I have quite a collection of shirts relating to George Harrison, all of them being custom ones i painted myself recreating original Dark Horse Records promo shirts and some art portraits. I wear these a LOT! Also wear his sons' bands gear, Dhani's 'thenewno2'. I wear the hoodie daily, and also have a t-shirt.

I have some YES shirts i bought at various concerts ( mostly modern), plus a Jon Anderson 'Opio Foundation' tye dye i adore. I have one cool Steve Howe t-shirt that i wear once in a while that has a nice photo image of him on it ( from late 90s).

A few very groovy and very colorful Grateful Dead shirts ( love the graphics).

Oh...and my cool BOSTON shirt with the famous album cover on it! I love that shirt!

:)

georgeguest147 and Ilovedeacy like this.
  20. One Louder

One Louder Well-Known Member

AC/DC (multiple shirts, one with a live concert shot from the Bon Scott era, a Who Made Who one and a Black Ice one)

The Beatles

Black Sabbath (featuring the picture that's used in the artwork for Castle's 1985's Black Sabbath The Collection)

The Dead Milkmen (with the cartoon dead cow logo)

The Doors (one with Jim Morrison mugshots, another with a picture taken during a performance of the Unknown Soldier.)

The Ramones (multiple shirts, one with the band logo, one with a picture of Joey and one with a group shot)

The Rolling Stones (2002 crew shirt)

The Who (multiple shirts, the Kids Are Alright soundtrack cover and a reproduction of the shirt from Tommy the Movie Tommy and his followers wear in the last few scenes I got at the last Who show I went to.)

Yes ('97 tour shirt, black version)

Most of these I for $3 at Value Village or bought at shows I went to.

21. juanmahenao

juanmahenao Member

Beatles
    Radiohead
    AC/DC
    The White Stripes (home made)
    Bob Marley (home made)

22. dwmann

dwmann Well-Known Member

Springsteen 1984 Born in the USA T Shirt signed by E Street Band (no Bruce)
    Al Stewart Russians and Americans T Shirt signed by Al and the band.

23. Yannick

Yannick Forum Resident

None. I'm into the CDs, not the other merchandise.

24. I don't wear much of it anymore, but I still have a few things that fit and get used every so often:

1. King Crimson - Discipline shirt
    2. Pipco replica shirt, a la Frank Zappa
    3. New Grass Revival - Barren County shirt
    4. A shirt with the merged faces on Love's "Forever Changes"
    5. Baked Potato anniversary show shirt with the names of the players at the show (Holdsworth, Lukather, Landau, Chad Smith, Chris Poland, etc.)

25. VeeFan64

VeeFan64 A 60s Music Kind of Guy

Beatles (more than one)
    Tommy James
    Monkees
    Hollies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.