What Concert Did You Attend That Was Eventually An Official Release

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Freebird, Jan 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

The Clash Live at Shea 1982

2. Uncle Meat

Uncle Meat Forum Resident

Wozzeck.. possibly by the Houston Symphony... not sure which day I went or which day was recorded...

3. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

Grateful Dead 3/30/90
    Several Phish shows - I'm pretty sure I'm in the blurred photo in the gatefold of A Live One

Bob Dylan 30th Anniversary Concert

acetboy likes this.
  4. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

I saw Van Halen at the Star Pavilion in 1998 and they kicked ass. And it was broadcast on Westwood One which is the next best thing to an official release so my story is even relevant to the thread for once.

Oatsdad likes this.
  5. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I'm sure there were some good shows there - I enjoyed Bowie!

But it was still a bizarre "venue", since it really was just a stage and chairs in a parking lot! :D

6. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

Even regular Hershey stadium was pretty weird. I agree with you though, it was the Hershey stadium stage aiming backwards into a parking lot which is even weirder.

I wish I could have seen some of the arena shows across the parking lot. Rush and Metallica in their prime.

7. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Yeah, I've never been to a show at the arena - neither the original one or the Giant Center.

Actually didn't realize until I did a quick search that they're not the same building! I thought Giant was the same ancient venue where Wilt scored 100 points!

8. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

I attended Wilco's New Orleans show that was one of a couple of 5 concerts represented in this road doc that's always overshadowed by I Am Trying to Break Your Heart...MP3s of all the tracks were downloadable for free with a code in the DVD purchase, so it was sort of a digital album, too.

Wilco Live: Ashes of American Flags - Wikipedia

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  9. Maseman66

Maseman66 Forum Resident

I saw Climax Blues Band at the Academy of Music in NYC in 1973. FM Live was the double album that was released.

10. hangwire13

hangwire13 Forum Resident

Part of Depeche Mode's Pittsburgh show I attended in 1988 made it into the "101" movie.

11. Biscuit Warehouse

Biscuit Warehouse Forum Resident

Monty Python at the Hollywood Bowl

footlooseman likes this.
  12. Hurakan

Hurakan Forum Resident

Rolling Stones - "You Gotta Move" - LA Forum , Live in 1975.

footlooseman and ODShowtime like this.
  13. apb

apb Game on!

Four Grateful Dead shows:
    6/15/76 Beacon (June 1976 box),
    9/3/77 Englishtown (DiP15),
    7/10/89 (Giants Stadium box), and
    3/15/90 Cap Centre (Terrapin Station).

I attended a bunch of Allman Brothers Band shows from 2004-14 that one can download from munck-music.com. Ditto for Mule shows from 2007-18 from nugs.net.

The 7/25/92 Springsteen Meadowlands show that I saw was released as one of his archival shows on nugs.net.

The 8/14/94 Stones show that I saw was put out as a VHS tape that they sold as merch at shows later in the tour.

The 1/18/03 Stones show that I saw was broadcast on HBO and included in Four Flicks.

TerpStation likes this.
  14. stodgers

stodgers Forum Resident

When Cowboy Mouth played on Landsdowne Street in Boston, I was there. They then released Hurricane Party from that show on the album All You Need Is Live.

It was an awesome show.

15. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

+ Carl Palmer's ELP Legacy - Live. This was at the Tralf in Buffalo, 11/25/14. Sat practically right in front of him. The disc came out 2 years ago with DVD filmed in Miami.

16. ceddy10165

ceddy10165 My life was saved by rock n roll

Van Halen Live Without A Net Live video in New Haven, CT was my first arena show.

17. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

Both Wings Over America and Rock Show have songs from the Seattle show I was at.
    Alejandro Escovedo's live album More Miles Than Money has a song or two from Seattle.
    "Live a Hurricane" filmed in a downpour for the Year of the Horse looks great, but wasn't much fun to see in person. My wife and I were soaked and I couldn't see anything going on onstage.

18. Sebastian saglimbenI

Sebastian saglimbenI Forum Resident

Doesn't really count....I attended an X show at "MY FATHER'S PLACE" (ROSLYN NEW YORK)in 1981.....it was recorded by and transmitted a week later on 92.7 W.L.I.R. F.M......I dream it will someday be released!

PJayBe and uzn007 like this.
  19. Timjosephuk

Timjosephuk Forum Resident

My second ever concert (Barclay James Harvest, Liverpool Empire 1976) had four tracks released eventually. But the biggest would be The Stones, Leeds Roundhay Park 1982. (The only concert I watched on screen 100% as I couldn't see the stage :( ). A couple of the last few Steve Hackett live albums too.

20. crp207

crp207 Forum Resident

Yes- Keys To Ascension and also Songs From Tsongas.

AntLantic, uzn007 and Timjosephuk like this.
  21. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

1978 - Poco Live. Milwaukee PAC.

22. Sebastian saglimbenI

Sebastian saglimbenI Forum Resident

KING CRIMSON-"LIVE AT THE SAVOY THEATRE"......I was at that show.....amazing....simply amazing!!!

uzn007 likes this.
  23. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

Guess Who - Live At The Paramount

24. live evil

live evil Senior Member

I saw Neil Young and the International Harvesters 36 years ago today, and one song from that show ended up on the archival live album that was released from that tour.

As far as I know it’s the only show that I have attended where any of the songs have been officially released.

25. mradmack

mradmack Roxanne + Geoff.

Paul McCartney Glasgow SECC 1990. I think some elements of this were used in his 1991 "Get Back" concert film. I don't know if this counts, but in a 1992 episode of the South Bank Show on Billy Connolly, me and my gf were in the pub where Billy had a wee session and played banjo.

Larry Geller and Aar Gal like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.