What Concert Did You Attend That Was Eventually An Official Release

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Freebird, Jan 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill

Bill Senior Member

October 1966: Standells opening for The Beach Boys, Ann Arbor, Michigan.
    It took years, but both shows are available.

Kassonica, footlooseman and rodentdog like this.
  2. roverb

roverb Forum Resident

3. garymc

garymc Forum Resident

Alice Cooper, Good to See You Again DVD concert release. Some of this was recorded at Dallas, Texas show I attended.

[​IMG]

DavidD and footlooseman like this.
  4. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

I was also going to say Zappa. Pittsburgh in 1988. Three songs from that show were released, one on each of the live albums he released from that tour.

On a side note, I turned 18 that year, and I registered to vote for the first time at that show.

5. jdrueke

jdrueke Handsome Man

Speaking of Phish's A Live One, I was at the 12.30.94 show for "Wilson" and the 12.31.94 show for "Bouncing Around the Room." As I did that entire run, I was also at 12.29.94 which was released as Live Phish 20. I was also at 11.20.98 which was released as Hampton Comes Alive.

6. Jachay

Jachay Forum Resident

Rush R40
    King Crimson Live in Toronto
    The Tragically Hip - That Night in Toronto

DavidD and footlooseman like this.
  7. Benn Kempster

Benn Kempster Who else?

Brian May

Brixton Academy 1993

The Who

Shepherd's Bush Empire 1999 (as part of the Blues To The Bush, Music Maker release)
    Albert Hall 2000
    Live 8 2005
    (Below were part of the Encore series)
    Kentish Town Forum, London (4) 2004
    Cardiff 2004
    Leeds Wireless Festival 2006
    Beaulieu 2006
    Swansea 2007
    London 2007 (2)

Roundhouse, London 2006 (BBC Proms broadcast)

Pete Townshend

Shepherds Bush Empire 1998
    Saddler's Wells Theatre 2000

J_D__ and footlooseman like this.
  8. Post-Punk Monk

Post-Punk Monk Seeking divinity in records from '78-'85 or so…

[​IMG]
    Man or AstroMan: Live, Transmissions From Uranus Oct. 19, 1994 The Covered Dish - Gainesville, FL. My first MOAM show, too!

Was also at seeing Robert Palmer date in Daytona Beach, Florida in 1988 when a video for "Early In The Morning" was filmed. Show stopped for a brief break of makeup/wardrobe before song played. I don't recall the live in concert footage making the actual clip, which was [I believe] primarily rehearsal/local travelogue footage.

DavidD and starfieldroad like this.
  9. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

DavidD likes this.
  10. Isamet

Isamet Forum Resident

11. Cryptical17

Cryptical17 Forum Resident

I wish they made this a ‘stand alone’ release instead of a bonus disc in an expensive box set. I wonder if any other Isle of Wight 69 performances will be released as well

footlooseman likes this.
  12. majorlance

majorlance Forum Resident

IIRC, I bought it on iTunes when it was officially released. Wasn't too expensive (definitely cheaper than the physical box) or I wouldn't have sprung for it!

13. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

I was extremely fortunate to attend the George Harrison tribute concert at the Royal Albert Hall on November 29, 2002 - The Concert for George. This event was recorded and later released on CD, DVD, Blu-Ray and Vinyl. Every time I watch/listen to it, I find it hard to believe I was actually there.

Everyone who attended received a really cool concert program, and I was able to grab (as a souvenir) some of the coloured tissue-paper confetti discs that dropped from the ceiling of the Royal Albert Hall during Joe Brown's poignant closing performance of "I'll See You in My Dreams".

What an unbelievable concert.

LSP2003, DavidD, anth67 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

I was at one of the shows they used for Neil Young and Crazy Horse's "Year of the Horse". The one where Neil said, "they all sound the same! it's all one song!" (Hartford)

15. Snaphappy

Snaphappy Colour Me Grumpy!

Free Live
    I was at the Sunderland Locarno show Jan 1970. I’m in the audience audio. I believe (need to Wiki this) that the recording equipment failed on some songs - either here or at Croydon - the other venue used - so they overdubbed Sunderland audience.

I was also def on the Lindisfarne Live from Newcastle City Hall on one their first or second Christmas shows. I don’t talk about that one as much..I def dine out on the Free one!

I’m in a Jesse Malin DVD from The Cluny in Newcastle. Seated in audience when he sang Helpless accapello while wandering around the audience.

Oh..also on the Dylan Tracks from Real Live that were recorded at St James Park 1984

footlooseman likes this.
  16. Eric_B

Eric_B Forum Resident

The Hold Steady's Metro Chicago show that yielded "A Positive Rage." It was a Halloween show, with Art Brut supporting. A hell of a lot of fun.

17. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

I was at this show:

[​IMG]

DavidD and StephMess78 like this.
  18. davmar77

davmar77 I'd rather be drummin'...

I've attended many dead shows that have been released.

I'll add simon and garfunkel in central park and the highwaymen at the Nassau Coliseum.

DavidD, footlooseman and uzn007 like this.
  19. Markarrow

Markarrow Forum Resident

On the deluxe version of David Bowie's Aladdin Sane there is a live cut at the end of the second, bonus disc. It was recorded in Cleveland on November 25, 1972. My seat was in the second row of the balcony at the rear of Cleveland Public Auditorium. It was the first year of tenth grade for me and the guy who drove downtown, Larry, was in eleventh grade.

We managed to sneak in with a half of jar of whiskey (Old Grandad) that I stole from my Dad. I clearly remember hearing this song as it stood out from the Ziggy stuff that we were all ramming home eight times a day.

Bonus CD (2003 EMI/Virgin)[edit]
    1. "John, I'm Only Dancing" ('Sax' version) – 2:45
    2. "The Jean Genie" (Single mix for single A-side, 1972) – 4:07
    3. "Time" (Edit for single A-Side, 1973) – 3:43
    4. "All the Young Dudes" (Mono mix) – 4:12
    5. "Changes" (Live at Boston Music Hall, 1 October 1972) – 3:20 (From Sound + Vision CD-Video)
    6. "The Supermen" (Live at Boston Music Hall, 1 October 1972) – 2:42 (From Sound + Vision CD-Video)
    7. "Life on Mars?" (Live at Boston Music Hall, 1 October 1972) – 3:25 (Previously unreleased)
    8. "John, I'm Only Dancing" (Live at Boston Music Hall, 1 October 1972) – 2:40 (From Sound + Vision CD-Video)
    9. "The Jean Genie" (Live at Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, 20 October 1972) – 4:10 (From Santa Monica '72)
    10. "Drive-In Saturday" (Live at Cleveland Public Auditorium, 25 November 1972) – 4:53 (Previously unreleased)

20. goodboyfred

goodboyfred Forum Resident

Eric Clapton Crossroads MSG 1999 with Bob Dylan & Sheryl Crow
    Eric Clapton Crossroads 2007 Chicago
    Eric Clapton Crossroads 2013 NYC
    Clapton & Winwood MSG 2008

footlooseman likes this.
  21. side3

side3 Younger Than Yesterday

I was at the Paul McCartney in San Antonio, TX that produced the "My Love" track on Paul Is Live.

22. linusg

linusg Forum Resident

Forgot about this one. I was there for Life During Wartime and (on CD) Crosseyed and Painless.

23. Michael D

Michael D Cool Duch

Laurie Anderson - Live at Town Hall New York City September 19-20, 2001

footlooseman likes this.
  24. Mickey2

Mickey2 Forum Resident

Not sure if this counts, but I attended the taping of a John Fogerty performance for television a number of years back. That was interesting, with all the interruptions and breaks, partial songs before/after commercials, with the cornball smiling host appearing in different parts of the theater for visual variety, asking John a bunch of idiotic questions. Showbiz.

25. GregM

GregM The expanding man

It's hard to know what's considered an official release when it comes to the Grateful Dead, but I was at a Chula Vista show in the '80s that supposedly became one of their most sought after tapes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.