What Do You Plan to Buy Over Next 12 Months?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Ontheone, Sep 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Nothing unless something takes a dump.

2. Tim Irvine

Tim Irvine Forum Resident

No binges planned but an occasional record would be fun?

3. Richard Austen

Richard Austen Forum Resident

I intend to buy a Solid State Reference amplifier for review purposes and that I also enjoy musically. My front runners at this point are

Pure Audio One (it is 100 watts class A) an integrated amplifier but also can be run as a stereo dual mono power amplifier.

[​IMG]

Accuphase A-75 (power amplifier)

[​IMG]

Sugden Masterclass SPA-4
    [​IMG]

Nagra Classic Amp

[​IMG]

Accuphase E-650 Integrated - can be used as both an power amplifier or as a preamplifier - so it is highly flexible.

[​IMG]

4. Jerk The Handle

Jerk The Handle Electrician

Once money starts growing in trees,

[​IMG]

Tawaun A Williams likes this.
  5. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

Pass Labs XP-32 due out this fall

6. Golfhead

Golfhead Forum Resident

Hana MH coming in a week or so.

7. Dream On

Dream On Forum Resident

Beautiful amps. The Pure Audio doesn't seem big enough to be 100 watts Class A. Is there an asterisk to those 100 watts?

I would love to own that big Sugden. Absolutely gorgeous - the looks, and I am sure the sound too.

I'm likely to pick up a more typical tube integrated later this year.

8. ayrehead

ayrehead Bipedal Forum Resident

I have a REL T2 sub that I would like to replace with a bigger more current REL.

9. Richard Austen

They seem to claim that it offers class A throughout but goes into a standby mode when no signal is detected. Most of the top of the amp is open mesh.

I just got the integrated and will hook it up today once I move my mono-blocks out of the way.

ONE Integrated Amplifier « pureaudio

10. Claude Benshaul

Claude Benshaul Forum Resident

I have a rough plan and its implementation schedule is very flexible therefore it could well span into 2020.

1. Replace the Denon 4308ci AVR in the living room. I was originally planning to keep it for an additional couple of years because I don't really need or want Atmos and the newer models don't look as robust or powerful as my old 4308 but it starting to develop some age related problems. I placed an order for an Anthem MRX 720 and I hope it's a decision I won't have to regret.
    2. Acoustic treatment for the main living space. I've been e-mailing back and forth with GIK Accoustics Europe for the last 2 weeks. Nothing conclusive yet but I had a blast learning to use Roomle and create a 3D visualization of my living space. Wow, it's the most fun I had since I quite building scale models! Anyway there will certainly be two 1200x600mm 244 full range bass traps on the back wall and probably some additional corner Tri-Ttraps and possibly more 242 acoustic panels for the ceiling.
    3. Speakers. I want to experience either with omni or open baffles speakers. Right now the PureAudioProject Trio15 Voxativ seems to be universally liked and honestly, the DIY philosophy behind their products appeals to my tinkerer side.

Tawaun A Williams likes this.
  11. Ash76

Ash76 Wait actually yeah no

Want some decent headphones and a portable headphone amp - looking at the Chord Mojo for the latter while it's on sale. Thinking of the package with Meze 99 Classic for A$1000 but not sure if they're the cans for me and I don't think I'll be able to audition them

12. spartree

spartree Forum Resident

There likely won’t be any major equipment purchases for my main system over the next 12 months. I’ll be moving back to Canada in early 2020, so some of the finances will be tied up with reestablishing life there. 2018 and 2019 were big years for my system anyway. I’m really happy with it now.

A few loose items for 2020 could be:
    - A proper audio rack or a very solid credenza to house everything
    - New speaker stands
    - I’d like to evaluate some Roon network bridges so I can get my Mac Mini-based Roon Core away from the rest of my stereo
    - I’m sure I’ll try some different tubes here and there
    - Possibly a headphone setup

Looking past the next twelve months there still shouldn’t be too much. I’ll move up the Audio Note AN-E line at some point, and will eventually add an AN CD transport. I’m always an opportunist with this stuff though, so we shall see what happens.

Richard Austen likes this.
  13. Richard Austen

Nice. Back to Canada. I have 8 to 10 more years before I move back.

14. Ingres3225

Ingres3225 Forum Resident

A custom built, to my relatively meagre budget, Linn LP12- should be arriving in a couple of weeks time...

Floyd Crazy likes this.
  15. spartree

spartree Forum Resident

Europe has been a lot of fun, so I kind of have mixed feelings about going back. On the plus side, my wife can actually work there.

16. classicrocker

classicrocker Life is good!

Just bought, literally 5 minutes ago, a pair of Dynaco A25 speakers. Already have my original A35's from college so will pair them with a Sansui 771 receiver for a vintage bedroom system.

Now all I have to do is convince the wife to let me do it...should be a piece of cake yes ?.......:)

Tawaun A Williams and spartree like this.
  17. Mike-48

Mike-48 A shadow of my former self

I'm not planning to buy anything over the next year. On the other side, I may sell my CD transport, which gets almost no use. It seems silly to have it on the shelf, subject to entropy, when someone else could be enjoying it.

I have audio friends with extra, unused gear -- one has 19 working pairs of speakers! I understand the collecting impulse (my music library grows weekly) yet like keeping my gear collection to things in active use.

18. mertoo

mertoo Forum Resident

Rega Aria

Tawaun A Williams and Morbius like this.
  19. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

This is always a possibility in my experience.

Mike-48 and The Pinhead like this.
  20. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

Indeed, esp with vintage equipment:sweating:

21. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I would like to improve my speaker cable situation or update some of my digital playback. I'm leaning towards the speaker cable because I'
    Definitely with vintage stuff.

The Pinhead likes this.
  22. classicrocker

classicrocker Life is good!

So the eBay seller cancelled our sale claiming an error in the listing and relisted the speakers at a higher price. He originally offered free shipping and the relist has $100 to ship. Won't be buying from him again.

Not happy but what can you do. My search for a pair of clean Dynaco A25's or even better another pair of A35's goes on.

23. timind

timind phorum rezident

And here it is:
    [​IMG]

The i3.3 this amp replaced sat on the butcher block underneath this stand. I need a new amp stand for the i7 now. Unfortunately, that means I'll have to lift it again.

24. jbmcb

jbmcb Forum Resident

New ICEPower DIY monoblock modules to be mounted in the basement under the wall-mounted Maggies. A knockdown subwoofer kit from Dayton Audio to mount my Titanic - a project that has been languishing for years. A Behringer power amp and MiniDSP to drive the subwoofer.

guitarguy and timind like this.
  25. ShockControl

ShockControl Bon Vivant and Raconteur!

Whatever I happen to find at the flea market for under $25.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.