What Do You Plan to Buy Over Next 12 Months?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Ontheone, Sep 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bamaaudio

bamaaudio Forum Resident

For many guys that party is over the moment they tie the knot.

timind likes this.
  2. Having invested about $15k last year in my first real entry-level audiophile stereo system, I am still so thrilled with the sound of it that all I plan to buy over the next year is more music: more CDs, more downloads, and whatever hi-res and SACD titles I can afford on my measly budget. I'm happy with my hardware setup for a long time to come (I hope).

3. Mike-48

Mike-48 A shadow of my former self

It looks good on the present stand, no?

4. timind

timind phorum rezident

The stand in the pic normally sits on top of my rack holds my turntable. It's only a temporary solution. Also, I prefer the amp at ground level. I didn't realize how large this thing was.

Mike-48 likes this.
  5. Balthazar

Balthazar Forum Resident

Dimensions: 18.75" (480mm) W by 5.5" (140mm) H by 16.5" (420mm) D. Weight: 58 lbs (26kg).

That's a beast.

timind and Mike-48 like this.
  6. Ash76

Ash76 Wait actually yeah no

As I'm in the market for cans and trust your sense of taste I looked up the Quad ERA-1s and found a shop that sells them for about $400 less than everywhere else on the other side of town
    I'll drive over there on Saturday and check them out

timind likes this.
  7. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I want a pair of subwoofers. I need/want a spare set of tubes (12 in all!) and a spare MC cartridge. Coupla thousand oughtta cover it!;)

8. dZp

dZp Forum Resident

Swap my Rotel integrated for a Rocksan K3.

9. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

New Speakers. Need to sell more surplus gear first. ( I have a 2m NVA SSP interconnect and NVA cube 2 speakers for sale).

timind likes this.
  10. displayname

displayname Forum Resident

I wasn't planning on any more purchases in 2019, but I just pulled the trigger on a CXC. Fingers crossed in the next 12 months I can find a new set of speakers. That feels like the main weakest link in my system right now. Then it will probably be cables cables cables. I tend to impulse buy those when I see quality used ones or sales though.

11. Ash76

Ash76 Wait actually yeah no

I've ended up ordering a new but opened Fiio Q5S headphone amp from eBay saving about $100 and an ex-demo pair of Mrspeakers Aeon Flow open headphones saving about $450 (Australian so still $1100 all up).
    Should be a big step up from what I'm used to

12. dennem

dennem Forum Resident

1) The 2nd REL T/5i subwoofer
    2) A new DAC, most likely Denafrips ARES
    3) Schiit JIL ADC converter to digitize LPs
    4) Maybe, a power conditioner

+ a lot of records

13. chipcalzada

chipcalzada Forum Resident

Records, records and more records!

Ontheone and patient_ot like this.
  14. Gibsonian

Gibsonian Forum Resident

1. Building 2 new cabinets to house 2 - 15" AE drivers each for sub cabinets. stoutly build with 1.5" walls and 2.25" front baffles and 2x4 bracing inside.
    2. Building 2 "trucks" with wheels to hold these sub cabinets with heavy duty locking wheels, as the speakers will not be moveable without em. Trucks will weigh more than 60 lbs ea. but allows me to move these subs as necessary.
    3. Building 3 way active crossover, should be the final crossover for the main system. "Boutique" components inside.
    4. Taking old single driver sub cabinets and converting to new speakers with a 12" Eminence Definimax woofer, Aurum Cantus ribbons, and JBL 2235 frame passiver radiator. Passive x-over planned.

patient_ot likes this.
  15. Paul_s

Paul_s Forum Resident

Stax headphones/energiser

Ham Sandwich likes this.
  16. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

My next upgrade is a new PSU-1 for my GS Reflex M phono preamp, which is on order now.

Further down the line I am planning to buy a new DAC (undetermined ATM) and either a 1200mk7 or 1200GR.

Other than that, at least for the next year, just consumables like styli, record sleeves, and record cleaning solution.

On the backburner, all undetermined ATM:

-A universal disc player
    -A refurbished cassette deck
    -A more powerful integrated amp
    -New closed back, full size headphones

17. dZp

dZp Forum Resident

Quoting myself because…

Done! :wiggle:
    And now I gotta get mooooore music!

patient_ot and M.R.Collins like this.
  18. M.R.Collins

M.R.Collins Forum Resident

Congrats!!

dZp and patient_ot like this.
  19. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

A lot of Coors Light.

20. Ria

Ria Well-Known Member

Spendor A7 or D7 speakers (love the sound and immediacy) with Gaia III feet. Simaudio Moon Neo 240i & Mind2 - or the 340x. smooth and very listenable I’m told and the Rega Planar 8 because i love the look of it. Already have a Dynavector 20x2 cartridge. Holding out to see reviews on new Rega Aethos amp are before i commit to the Simaudio as have bluesound node2i which i can live with at the moment. Ooo need to upgrade CD too have Rega Apollo, any suggestions that will work well with the above will be greatly appreciated...

21. inperson

inperson Senior Member

My plans are always based on whether I can get a good deal on what I want. I'd like the get a Decware 6bq5 single ended amp and a 47 Labs 4706 or a 4717.

jusbe likes this.
  22. mtrot

mtrot Forum Resident

Now looking for a nice center channel speaker. Looking at Revel and Monitor Audio.

23. souladdikt

souladdikt Forum Resident

Music Matters Jazz complete Blue Note SRX 2019 set. And tubes.

24. TEA FOR ONE

TEA FOR ONE Listening to the world one note at a time

I'll be upgrading my acoustical treatments,and adding a DAC.

25. Noel Patterson

Noel Patterson Music Junkie

Just bought some Dynaudio speakers and a Creek amp....and a Musical Fidelity DAC....gulp! So done for a while with equipment. Want to explore room treatments now, and lots of records and cds!

Tawaun A Williams likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.