What does Steve Hoffman think of the new Beatles Sgt. Pepper remix?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by NGeorge, May 31, 2017.

1. Have you hears the Nimbus 1984 cut? It gives the UHQR a run for its money. I prefer the Nimbus.

2. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

I wish Giles would restrict himself to 're-imagining' rather than remixing.

formu_la and Michael like this.
  3. I haven't heard the Nimbus. What I have been trying to point out is that the 2017 reissue (50th Anniversary) of Sgt. Pepper is a disappointment. The UHQR using the original stereo mix sounds much better.

Vinylsoul 1965 likes this.
  4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

LOL...

Electric likes this.
  5. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Forum Resident

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is a fun album...........incredibly visual, musically addictive, and artistically ground breaking. I prefer the original stereo mix, but the 2017 remix is a lot of fun. :pineapple: Playing the vinyl tonight and having a good time.

If I Can Dream_23 likes this.
  6. bherbert

bherbert Forum Resident

The Sgt Pepper remix is a fun occasional listen IMO. However, it has been pumped up a lot. I prefer the Yellow Submarine Songtrack remixes. I also prefer the Love version of A Day In The Life. It’s more natural sounding.

7. streetlegal

streetlegal Forum Resident

"Mr Kite" remains the oddity. Just silly how loud it is, which does detract somewhat from the mystique of the song.

What continues to surprise me about this album is how much I enjoy returning to it. Once upon a time, the baroque nature was a bit much for me, and, given its fame, one expects it to get “old.”

But it doesn’t seem to get stale. I find the richness of the album works in its favour--the layers and the longer-than-average song-length (for The Beatles) means there’s me more to get your teeth into.

And there are enough “minor” songs to keep “discovering” new interests. Paul really pumps out the vocal on the title track, and “Good Morning” has been reborn through the remix (just two examples).