What equipment might you buy or sell in 2023?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Mike-48, Dec 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuzzyNightmares

FuzzyNightmares Forum Resident

Two more purchases, I gotta slow down or start selling things…

Finale Audio power cord, got a screaming deal on one that was purchased and not used
    Powercord — Finale Audio

Grado gs3000e, bought used as well, will be buying an adapter to power these with my 2a3 amp. Hope that I like them!

Dave, jonwoody and Oddiofyl like this.
  2. Lenny99

Lenny99 The truth sets you free.

I bought a vintage Lucid DA9624 DAC and recently hooked it up. It appears to have improved the SQ if my system.

3. barondla

barondla Forum Resident

Ordered a custom Supratek Chardonnay tube linestage. Now I have to wait for it to be hand built. Will take 2 months or longer.
    Thanks,
    barondla

jonwoody and mreeter like this.
  4. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian

Still waffling over a basic UHD player for my second bed/sitting A/V system. Guess there’s little to lose and a lot to gain. Just want something reliable.

jonwoody and guestuser like this.
  5. Oddiofyl

Oddiofyl Forum Resident

I am waiting for my endgame preamp to be built.

Just in time for my renewed interest in vinyl.

barondla, jonwoody and mreeter like this.
  6. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian

Are there any “reliability lists” for different manufacturers units? I’d rather pay a bit more for assurance of continuous operation.

7. dolsey01

dolsey01 Forum Resident

So I just bought a Sphinx 3 and a pair of LRS, so much for not buying anything in 2023. The endgame is to downsize though, hope that pans out.....:eek::rolleyes::cool:

jonwoody, Dafox and barondla like this.
  8. gakerty

gakerty Forum Resident

That Supratek is a beautiful piece. If it sounds like it looks, you've got a great one coming. The wait will be tough!

jonwoody and barondla like this.
  9. DPC

DPC Forum Resident

Uh oh...
    ...currently home demo-ing the TEAC CG-10 Master Clock Generator for use with my new TEAC UD-701N.
    I am very surprised at the impact utilizing just the UD-701N's integrated streamer only (no transport or external streamer)...the presence, transients, spaciousness, even bass with the CG-10 all go up a notch.
    I've read on other sites users having very positive results using the CG-10 with their Esoteric ND-05X DAC/Streamers, so I guess I shouln't be too surpised.
    Not inexpensive (nor outrageous), but I'm likely going to add this little feller to my setup as it'll be tough to let it out of the system.

jonwoody likes this.
  10. kumizi

kumizi Well-Known Member

I have Harbeth Super HL5 Plus XD speakers. I want a second pair of speakers that sound different/are more dynamic "rock and roll" speakers.

Opinions on JBL L100 classic VS Klipsch Forte IV? (Yamaha AS1200 amp)

jonwoody likes this.
  11. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

I have too many OPPO’s. I’ll be selling a couple soon.

12. Jaytor

Jaytor DIY Enthusiast

I took advantage of the sale that PS Audio had last month on the PowerPlant P12 to upgrade my power regenerator. My Stellar PowerPlant 3 is for sale on US Audiomart if you are interested ($1450 shipped to lower 48 states). I'll take another $100 off for SHF members.

It took a few days for the P12 to break in, but it's sounding great now. I'm not sure if it sounds better than the P3, but maybe. The main reason I wanted to upgrade is for the extra features and two more outlets since I want to experiment with additional source devices at some point. I am only using the power regenerator for my source gear. My amps are plugged directly into the wall, mostly because I'd need really long power cords otherwise.

[​IMG]

Dave, jonwoody, mreeter and 2 others like this.
  13. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Always looking for a good used cd player for backup.

14. Ontheone

Ontheone Poorly Understood Member

I was opportunistic and happily impulsive with the acquisition of a somewhat rare Shindo Apetite integrated this year. This 15W 6V6-based integrated pairs beautifully with my DeVore speakers. Truly loving it and the way it connects you emotionally with the music. The only downside is that it's clearly a gateway drug down the Shindo separates rabbit hole!

[​IMG]

15. Freddy's Dead

Freddy's Dead Forum Resident

Please post your thoughts as a comparison. I have a VPI Prime Signature that I'm pretty happy with but OTOH, if I were to upgrade anything in my system, I'd likely start there (or at least buy a better tonearm).

16. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

A turn table. I want a Techniques 1210gr but I may have to compromise and get a 100c for the time being...

jonwoody likes this.
  17. FuzzyNightmares

Ah heck, if you compromise you’ll keep thinking “what if” and end up selling the 100c for a loss anyways and probably buying the 1210gr at a higher price with the way of the world these days!

Ntotrar likes this.
  18. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

Of course you are correct, but my LPs are calling...

19. mjcmt

mjcmt Forum Resident

I'm ready to upgrade my Marantz 5 disc player to a late model single disc player for $550-ish pre-owned (no particular brand determined).

20. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Music Direct's sales on demo and factory refreshed equipment are a a step over used IMO, plus you get their guarantee.

21. TarnishedEars

TarnishedEars Forum Resident

If I could justify the purchase, I'd likely buy the new PS Audio Direct Stream MK II DAC. I love my MKI, but everybody who has heard the MK IIs is going gaga for those units.

22. FuzzyNightmares

Well, was in discussion with a fellow for a fidelity research fr64s and was just waiting to hear if it had a regular mounting nut or n-60 and he ended up selling it to a local, probably for the best. Need to sell a few things before I start going tonearm hunting. If I had a spare $6k available to invest I’d have snagged that fr66s out of MA on usaudiomart. It’s got the b-60 on-the-fly vta adjusting base, silver internal wiring, and is a very solid price for that arm. Maybe someone else here will end up with that pretty tonearm jewelry. I’ll likely wait for an fr64s with n-60 stabilizer to come along once I’m ready.

jonwoody likes this.
  23. moomaloo

moomaloo All-round good egg

I have an original Arcam Alpha One CD player and an A&R wood case tuner ready to sell. Trying this year to lighten the load…

guestuser likes this.
  24. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

I bought a WiiM Mini for my upstairs tv system. Going with just streaming and TV for that system. I plan on staying where I am with no other purchases this year except more albums. I also did buy a spare stylus AT-VM ML to have and not the hassle when I need to change my stylus.
    To be honest with myself if I do buy anything else it would be a new amplifier or different cartridge for fun. Tempted to buy a WiiM mini for my sons system since it would be a huge upgrade over his simple Bluetooth receiver.

25. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

Where did you end up moving to? If you have not moved yet I suggest Michigan. Great state and only bad side is the winter if you don’t like cold. There is so much to do up here in the woods plus plenty of cities for concerts and food.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.