What happened to Blu-ray Audio?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by floyd, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is hearsay because I don't personally own the Nirvana BDs, but they aren't very well regarded for their masterings.

moomoomoomoo, scobb and JediJoker like this.
  2. JediJoker

JediJoker Audio Engineer/Enthusiast

Aside from the In Utero BD, which uses a more dynamic master than the original.

Soundslave likes this.
  3. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

Thanks guys. I thought that I had heard that as well but I wanted to double check.

4. Soundslave

Soundslave Forum Resident

Yep . The thing with Nirvana is that only In Utero on BD sounds great, that remastering wasn't as compressed as (unfortunately) Nevermind and original mastering for Greatest Hits.

5. I listened to Songs From The Big Chair BD-A at a friend's who owns it a couple of times. He doesn't like how it sounds, he says it sounds weird, it sounds fine to me, I think what Wilson tried to do with the album is to partially undo the dated 80's production and give it a more timeless and accurate sound. I understand with this in mind why some people who listened a lot to this album back in the day like my friend they don't quite like this version. I'd describe the sound of it as "polite", I like how it sounds.

PhilBiker and JediJoker like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.