Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

What is it with Discogs sellers? Post your horror stories here...

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by glamorbowie1, May 10, 2021.

1. brass_monkey

brass_monkey New Member

Not necessarily a "horror story" but curious whether I should say something to a seller.

They had a copy of Kind of Blue listed as F / F and in the description was, "lots of surface noise, no repeats". Seemed like there was a chance that the seller under graded and it was a G or G+ copy based off of the description, so I took a chance. The issue is that it was listed as a 2002 Classic Records reissue and I ended up receiving an original stereo press 6 eye, which I'm fine with. I listened to it and the description was correct. It played through without skipping but surface noise was prevalent throughout.

Should I say something to this seller? I was thinking maybe just a message and then positive feedback since they were careful with the grading? I'm fine with the mistake, so I don't think they deserve negative feedback (and have no intentions on sending back or chasing any sort of refund). They're a new seller with less than 10 feedback. They do have 1 neutral but it is for sleeve condition (cut corner listed as NM). I do not see anything in their feedback about incorrectly listing.