What is "Scorpio"?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by seed_drill, Mar 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimac51

jimac51 A mythical beast.

Most indi stores where I've seen Scorpio product don't gauge the customer-usually in the $10 bracket. Still expensive for stolen intellectual property,but...
    The 2nd & Charles chain, owned by Books-A-Million,have these at their everyday high,high prices for sealed product;as opposed to their high prices for used product. I've brought up numerous titles to management,but they feign ignorance. Actually,come to think of it,ignorance is probably how they got the management job in the first place. they seem to always be on the lookout for a few dumb men.

zphage and gilbert green like this.
  2. gilbert green

gilbert green Forum Resident

Right. I suppose someone might price a used LP at Discogs prices unknowingly and without malice. It's these people who think they are buying some amazing and rare coloured vinyl variation who have driven these prices up to absurd levels. I assume they are mostly mostly Crosley-type vinyl collectors, but I could be wrong.

3. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

When I managed 2nd Hand Tunes' used vinyl shop in Evanston IL in the '90s, we carried a large amount of new Columbia "Nice Price" product that was apparently still being pressed for Scorpio - Bob Dylan, Miles Davis, Leonard Cohen, Peter Tosh ... good pressings, always available to us, and always sold well.

inperson likes this.
  4. SteveCam

SteveCam Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.