Dismiss Notice
We are rebuilding the search index and other forum caches this morning. Search results may not appear correct until indexing has completed, and the forum may respond a little slower than normal until this has finished.

What is the last album you listened to front to back WITHOUT doing anything else?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Deaf_in_ LA_1974, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Deaf_in_ LA_1974

Deaf_in_ LA_1974 Forum Resident Thread Starter

without being on the computer, on the phone, while eating dinner, making love.

Just sit there and listen to the record. (or Cd, tape, whatever)

2. bvb1123

bvb1123 Rock and Roll Martian

The Monkees - Instant Replay

3. ToneLa

ToneLa Forum Resident

I have been tempted to post a thread "what do you do while listening to music?" but my last just flat out, lying on the bed listening album was the 20th anniversary reissue of "The Queen is Dead".

Where do you draw the line at nothing else? If I go for a walk yet listen... It counts, right? Driving? Gym? Cooking? I'm an inveterate "doer". But I don't half-listen to music. I can't...

goodiesguy, ArpMoog, Revolver and 3 others like this.
  4. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

First off, I'd just like to say that whenever I'm listening to music, other than sipping on a cup of coffee, i am doing nothing else. Far as a complete album, that would be Diamond Dogs just last week. I usually listen to album sides (vinyl or CD) or I program a few CD's..but i thought it was time to hear an album all the way through which isn't much of a common practice these days. Very enjoyable and a great album.

5. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

6. Deaf_in_ LA_1974

none of that.
    drinking coffee, ok. whiskey, no. magazine, no
    a slow slow walk you might could sell me, a walk for exercise, no
    a full album experience.

7. ToneLa

ToneLa Forum Resident

When you listen, are you sitting or standing?

I have answers for every stance, but if lying down just to be at peace listening is too much activity.. . :)

To be honest I usually end up dancing...

My original answer stands in light of your edit. Maybe I'll make my own version of this thread one day (and risk looking hyperactive!)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    Billy Infinity and Mr.La Page like this.
  8. stever

stever Forum Resident

Probably, Abbey Road. I have recently listened to two Nicole Atkins records all the way through, too.

Mr.La Page likes this.
  9. NightGoatToCairo

NightGoatToCairo Sheik Madeir

Sincerely; I sometimes get into bed and leave this playing at low level to invoke crazy nightmares. It hasn't worked yet.

[​IMG]

Tokyo Ghost and Synthfreek like this.
  10. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

What about smoking? If that counts, every night lol. Today Steven Wilson To the Bone

11. The Lone Cadaver

The Lone Cadaver Forum Resident

12. RudolphS

RudolphS Forum Resident

It's been a while since I've done that, but in the past I always listened to new albums while lying on the couch, literally doing nothing. However, regardless if the music was good, after a while I got bored. Jeezus, those 60-minute long CD's they just went on and on and on. And then when you thought the thing had finished there was a hidden bonus track!

13. Synthfreek

Synthfreek Drum machines are not inherently evil.

One of the best ambient albums of all time. After it loops and plays back from the beginning...that's when the nightmare should start.

14. angelo73

angelo73 Cast Your Fate to the Wind

well for me that would simply be the last album I listened to all the way through:

Return To Forever (1974)

Where Have I Known You Before

...with state-of-the-art Bose headphones. Even when listening through the loudspeakers, music is an immersion experience ~ the only exception will be on a long road trip in the car, but then it would just be a stack of mix CDs anyway, since I do not take my prized CDs out of the house.

itsjim and drew phillips like this.
  15. NightGoatToCairo

NightGoatToCairo Sheik Madeir

I have twisted nightmares fairly often and I'm perversely fascinated and 'pleased' about it. I don't really need any encouragement from spooky music buy I'm always looking to go more twisted...

Synthfreek likes this.
  16. Deaf_in_ LA_1974

Dancing...OK as long as you are listening
    Smoking? cigarettes yes
    Smoking other stuff. No lets keep it to music that's good enough to hold our attention by itself
    that's too many rules already
    GO..............................................................................................

17. Exit Flagger

Exit Flagger Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    Zuma

Was just listening to this earlier today (original Reprise vinyl) and thinking about how good it sounded.

Edit: I was drinking coffee at the time.

18. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

No smoking the good stuff? That's crazy, it allows you to micro-focus on the music and shut out the world. In my opinion its the best way to seriously listen to an album

goodiesguy, supermd, lobo and 20 others like this.
  19. ToneLa

ToneLa Forum Resident

Oh, if we can include being stoned, I suddenly have more competition for how I answer this thread :D

lobo, Galaga King, Man at C&A and 2 others like this.
  20. Mr_Vinyl

Mr_Vinyl Forum Resident

Original Blade Runner soundtrack. Got it yesterday.

21. Deaf_in_ LA_1974

that's a different thread. I actually like stoner music ( I listen to it straight) but lets keep this one Sober

22. BlackCircle

BlackCircle Forum Resident

Neil Young - The Visitor, just got it ($13.99!) and spun the whole thing uninterrupted.

Gasman1003, angelo73 and GroovyGuy like this.
  23. ultron9

ultron9 My mostly Vintage System, 80s through mid 2000s.

John Lennon "Mind Games" 2002 remix!

24. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

I'm out. Have fun

goodiesguy, supermd, kw21925 and 10 others like this.
  25. bluesky

bluesky Forum Resident

I never do anything else.

ruben lopez, Guy E, bhazen and 14 others like this.