What is the worst film you have ever seen? (Pt. 2)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by -Alan, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

This really needs to be split into (at least) three categories, no? Films that should have been great, but failed miserably (high audience expectations) / Films that never stood a chance in the first place (low audience expectations) and Films where quality, either in artistic intent or professional production, is irrelevant because of the content (I don't care how good or bad it was, I just found it offensive).

2. pescholl

pescholl Active Member

Red Sonja is a prime example of how not to make a movie. This movie is so bad its funny.
    The only redeeming thing in the movie is Sandahl Bergman's outfit

3. clayton

clayton Senior Member

Titanic - I wish James Cameron would go away

Moshe and WHitese like this.
  4. Collector Man

Collector Man Well-Known Member

Due to friends coming and wanting also see it, when I got a disc copy of Black Swan , I saw the film 3 times in under 24 hours.
    It is in fact a masterfully crafted film clearly setting out and showing a person experiencing a full blown psychosis. We see 'other peoples' reaction & things' as PERCEIVED by that particular character going about their life.. The film admittedly is not what one would readily call - a pleasant experience - but it totally hits its mark, without any lingering confusion left behind, in tackling its subject matter.
    Others here have praised the Michael Douglas film The Game - a film I consider : nothing more than a primer lesson for budding sociopaths to learn devious sadistic situational tactics..

93curr likes this.
  5. Perhaps then I'll settle down to watch it with a mug's worth of Mind Erasers. :)

6. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Crazed (1978)
    (a.k.a. Nicole)
    (a.k.a. The Widow's Revenge)

Even a brief scene with Catherine Bach going topless couldn't make me sit through this piece of crap again.

7. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Tie between Elysium & Great Gatsby. Give me popcorn pleaser John Carter any day.

Karnak likes this.
  8. TheLazenby

TheLazenby Forum Resident In Memoriam

OPEN WATER.
    OPEN WATER.
    OPEN WATER.

Let me say it again.

OPEN WATER.

Terrible acting. TERRIBLE acting. I stood up and cheered in the theater when the shark ate them. Seriously. And throwing in full-frontal nudity just to keep your attention for five minutes more is the lamest cliche ever.

Karnak likes this.
  9. TheLazenby

I'm more offended that this guy equated "severely disabled child" with "demonic lizard baby".

Dudley Morris likes this.
  10. So I just re-read this and oh, did I laugh. I fail to see how the third movie in an animated saga even vaguely based on the Titanic story that features "stereotypical Mexican mice and...a rapping dog" can be anything short of a Dada masterpiece. Sounds perfect for a double-feature with Glen or Glenda. :laugh:

11. WHitese

WHitese Senior Member

I forgot that was one of my most hated movies, even more then The End of The Affair.....

12. TheLazenby

THAT particular cartoon Titanic is an absolute legend in Internet lore as far as bad animated movies go. It's right up there with "Ratatoing".

13. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

14. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

You liked it a lot more than me! ;)

15. fiendish_thingy

fiendish_thingy Forum Resident

It's a tie -- Gigli and Batman & Robin. Actually, I can't really say they're the worst movies I've seen because, frankly, I couldn't make it more than 20 minutes through either of them.

16. TheLazenby

"Batman and Robin" - from the same director who brought you "The Wiz"! :p

17. rene smalldridge

rene smalldridge Senior Member

Perhaps if the scene had been a little longer.

18. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

The Game is a steaming turd of a movie. The only believable ending for that film would be for Michael Douglas to KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED! I remember being so furious at the end of that film I wanted to throw my TV through the living room window.

19. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I don't get the joke... :confused:

20. Rachael Bee

That's the problem with bathroom humour! ;)

21. Balthazar

Balthazar Forum Resident

I'm not sure which is definitively the worst film I've ever seen, but the worst in recent memory was Spring Breakers. What a POS. It was entertaining for the first 20 minutes, but never developed much beyond that and it was grating to have one joke played out over an entire film.

But I also saw Man of Steel on DVD recently and that was even worse than Avengers, but not quite as bad as Iron Man 3.

It's a tough question. There are so many terrible movies.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  22. TheLazenby

...he made at least two crap movies?

23. Moshe

Moshe "Silent in four languages."

Not the worst (almost), but I really hated The Piano.
    I have no idea why most everyone liked this movie.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  24. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

But "B&R" and "Wiz" had different directors...

25. Rachael Bee

Well, both directors have to take bathroom breaks, so, it's all the same in the end.... C-R-A-P. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.