What is the worst film you have ever seen? (Pt. 2)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by -Alan, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

No one's mentioned "Ishtar" yet?

Oh well, even as an abysmal failure it was so mediocre that no one hated it enough to list it.

2. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

I was confused and not entertained much by Moulin Rouge when I first saw it. So busy and annoying. But, the second time I watched it I really liked it, especially the music bit when Kidman and Ewan sang that long medley. I really like his singing voice.

3. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I never saw it. I guess I'm just lucky!

4. I have heard it referred to as one of those "so bad it's good" movies, but I've never had the gumption to watch it...

5. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

There are a couple of Eddie Murphy movies that will fir that profile..:)

6. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

I agree that one needed to see Moulin Rouge in a good theater to really appreciate it. When it is gonna be on Blu?

7. No, actually it's because some people actually LIKE the film. The Schumaker "Batman" flicks...particularly the one with the "nipples" on the Bat suit...yuck (at least to me).

Is "The Dark Knight" flawed...sure it runs on a bit long and the tone tends to be dark and unrelenting but that's not a surprise to me given that it's a Chris Nolan film.

8. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

I left during the original Batman movie in 1989 with Keaton. I hated it.

The new one Batman Begins was infinitely superior. The Dark Knight wasn't as good though, but still decent.

9. GOOSEDOG

GOOSEDOG New Member

Crocodile Dundee II, for sure.
    Or THE DEAD POOL with Clint-- killed off the DIRTY HARRY series with that stinker.

10. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

Amazing that Criterion did a re-issue of it..... I thought those guys had taste! :D

11. phallumontis

phallumontis Active Member

:confused:

It runs a bit long, but "joke from the start"? I think Ledger perfectly captures what the Joker is all about. Terrifying, deranged, completely unconcerned with decency and human life. As an avid reader of the comics, particularly the book The Killing Joke from which the movie is partly inspired, I found his portrayal to be spot-on. Bale tends to play up the billionaire playboy aspects of Bruce Wayne while playing down Batman's detective abilities, but overall I think he nails it. Gary Oldman and Michael Caine are superb as Gordon and Alfred, respectively. The Nolan-directed Batman films aren't without their flaws, but they're damn near Fellini when compared to the ones by Schumacher. Those are absolutely unwatchable tripe.

I real stinker I saw recently was Shottas. If you like it, you have probably never seen a movie before.

12. Rachael Bee

They said they did it to help suppourt the worthy films that sell less. That seems like a good reason to me.

13. apileocole

apileocole Lush Life Gort

That and the fact that it is exemplary and a reflection of culture. Of course to you it may be an example of what not to do and a reflection of an aspect of culture you might wish you had never seen, but still. :D

14. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

One of these bad movies is running this week because of Halloween.

And thats Hocus Pocus with Bette Midler. One review in a local paper called this movie "beloved". Huh?

15. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I saw Trick Or Treat last night.Pretty bad horror movie IMO,tasteless story with predicable dull twists.:thumbsdn:

16. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I guess you mean "Trick 'r Treat", the new direct to video flick. It's not a classic, but I don't think it belongs anywhere in a "worst movie you've ever seen" thread.

Or is this thread now just about picking on movies people don't like, whether or not they're "the worst"?

17. Matthew B.

Matthew B. Scream Quietly

It's not remotely so bad it's good. It's hardly even so bad it's bad. The early scenes, which centre more on Beatty and Hoffman's inept lounge act, are often hilarious; the brilliance peters out a bit after that, but as a whole it's no worse than nine out of ten other action-comedies.

The film has the reputation it does solely because it lost so much money. I suspect most of the people who crack jokes about it haven't actually seen it. (Gary Larson, for instance, who was moved to apologise for the cartoon below when he happened to watch the movie some time later. The caption ran, "Hell's Video Store.")

Ishtar has a lot of admirers among major film critics. Here's Jonathan Rosenbaum, for instance. Though I'm not so wildly enthusiastic about it, I'm still upset that its bad reception killed Elaine May's directorial career.

Attached Files:

18. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

Or hate it even more.:D

19. And, as I said in the previous thread, you have to be able to power through the first 10-15 minutes too, as these are godawful and almost prompted me to walk out. But I stuck around, and was relieved to find the movie got much better. Not great, but it was an entertaining enough spectacle.

20. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

:righton:

21. steveharris

I`m sorry
    :hide:

22. steveharris

...But this movie was completely awful,terrible,sucked,unbearable,my friends insisted on letting the movie continue to the end,And they are always arguing about movies,I`m the one who is more tolerant.I`m just at the least looking to be entertained and this movie left me with a bad feeling.So to answer your question Oatsdad yes this IS one of the worst viewing experiences I`ve had in a while by far up there among the worst movies.The plot and charactars were weak,it was not eerie scary or even interesting.I`ve seen home movies that were better

23. Lord_Gastwick

Lord_Gastwick Forum Resident

I saw Moulin Rouge in a very good theater in Hollywood. I admire it from a technical perspective, but I genuinely believe that your brain has to wired in a certain way even to be able to sit through it without clenching your teeth. To me, it screamed, and shouted, and flashed, and buzzed, and span, and whirled, and swirled ... and like a firework display, it dissipated instantly. A shallow, gaudy film.

But my wife (who is neither shallow nor gaudy) loved it, and that's why I stayed to the end. :)

24. Rachael Bee

Well, your wife is a true bohemian and you're not....:laugh:

You did give a righteous description of those dance scenes though.

25. Downsampled

Downsampled Senior Member

I recently watched Mega Shark Versus Giant Octopus and I must say that it was one of the worst -- if not THE worst -- movies I have ever seen.

Mind you, I like bad movies. This one is up there with Robot Monster. Good stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.