What is the worst film you have ever seen? (Pt. 2)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by -Alan, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

Have you seen "Eagle vs Shark" ?

Don't.

It's awful! :D

2. JFS3

JFS3 Senior Member

Being a 3D buff, I talked myself into seeing the Brendan Fraser vehicle Journey to the Center of the Earth - An utter waste of time.

Another that comes to mind was the animated Robots. I'm usually pretty cheap, and I like to get my full money's worth, so I'm willing to sit through a lot of nonsense. Not in this case - I was long gone before the credits rolled.

Probably would've done the same for The Phantom Menace as well, but I was with friends and was kinda stuck. Awful in every sense of the word.

3. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

One film that i saw in the movies, that i absolutely loathed in that it was so terrible to watch was Zoolander, I wasted an hour and a half and brain cells on that.

4. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Agreed. It so wanted to be "Napoleon Dynamite II" - another terrible flick! - but was just ugly and unpleasant. Worst movie of 2007!

http://www.dvdmg.com/eaglevsshark.shtml

5. A recent movie that should join them-"The Mutant Chronicles". Awful.

6. grizzly

grizzly New Member

Backdraft.My Girlfriend and I both fell asleep in the theater.All they did was put out firers.

7. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

After seeing Backdraft my impressionable 16 year old neighbor was inspired to become a firefighter.He floated out of the theater intent on living out his new destiny.He gave up on the dream a few years later after learning more about the job that it was different than the movie :winkgrin:

8. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

Yeah, the movie sucks but the Soundtrack CD is pretty good.

9. woody

woody Forum Resident

I disagree. Eagle vs Shark wasn't great but nowhere near the worst movie of 2007. I'd watch it again. Just checked, and I gave it 4 stars on my Netflix.

One thing I've learned in the past month is that Oatsdad and I have very opposite tastes in movies. Maybe even complete opposite. There's plenty of movies to go around, that's for sure.

Check out Dark Streets or The Many Amazing Stories of Triangle Women for some true dreck.

10. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Being a horror/B-movie/cult film afficianado, I've seen more than my fair share of god-awful movies over the years.... far too many to name here..... but Redneck Zombies comes to mind pretty quickly.

Also, that incompetent ***** who calls himself a filmmaker, Michael Bay, owes me 2 hours of my life back for sitting through the worthless pile of steaming crap that was Transformers.

11. At this point, though - barring arm-twisting from friends - why would you see any of his movies? Unless, like a hi-tech pro I know, you watch such movies to check out the latest developments in CGI.

12. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I suppose it's because I actually enjoyed the first film of his that I ever saw - The Rock - and have foolishly been hoping that he'll be able to make at least one more movie during his pathetic career that I can enjoy equally as much. Looking back over the rest of his filmography, it goes without saying that he's failing miserably. ;)

P.S. I despise all the "latest developments in CGI".... give me old-school FX any day of the week.
    :)

13. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

But did you find Redneck Zombies entertaining? It's awful, but awfully fun too!!

14. Bruce

Bruce Senior Member

Yikes
    I loved it
    Very fresh and original
    For one of the worst,I would say "Wild,wild west" with Will Smith
    What were they thinking?

15. Hazuki

Hazuki Active Member

So many really bad films but, recently, 2010 was truly appalling.

16. Rachael Bee

Is this a misprint? Is it really 2012....?

17. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Didn't the Mayans predict that, in this year, we would see a lot of bad movies? Personally, I found both '2010' and '2012' to be dreadful, but at least '2012' had a sense of humor about itself - '2010' was determined to teach us all a valuable lesson, one so hamfisted and condescending that even five year olds groaned with disgust when the climax of the film was finaly revealed. Whereas children of ALL ages were just relieved when '2012' was finally over and they could go home.

18. Rachael Bee

I kind'a like 2010. I've only seen trailers for 2012.

The Mayans were wrong about 2010....at least for me, I stayed home and watched nearly all good movies. Where were the Mayans in 10,000 B.C. ? :laugh:

19. Hazuki

Hazuki Active Member

Yes, sorry. It was 2012.... Awful -- but we had to see something to kill time on holiday! What was even more "funny" was that we had just seen 10,000 BC a day or two before on hotel HBO. And we had thought that it couldn't get worse!

20. apileocole

apileocole Lush Life Gort

It's my hunch that it's our fault - the Mayans are being misinterpreted. Why people want to interpret it that way, who knows. But then I don't see the appeal in these doomsday things anyways...

21. Rachael Bee

Nostradamus said it might and it might will... :laugh:

There was an absurd campaign to promote the whole 2012 mystique on a flock of cable channels. What could be better than pairing the Mayans with Nostradamus...? :shake:

22. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

The 2003 remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre was definitely one of the most worthless pieces of garbage ever committed to celluloid.

23. That's my understanding - that the Mayans responsible for such things didn't predict an apocalypse, but just didn't bother to continue updating their calendar beyond 1000 years or so in the future. Had their civilization continued, they would have got to it at some point.

24. Mr. Dependable

Mr. Dependable New Member

Event Horizon.

An utterly pointless and unwatchable gorefest with no redeeming qualities. One of only three movies i've walked out on. (The other two were both Lynch movies - Dune and elephant man, if you must know.)

25. albert_m

albert_m Forum Resident

Don't know if this has been mentioned before and I usually don't make such broad statements as safely and sure as I can say this - I don't care if you are noting a stupid romantic comedy, an unfunny bad family movie, horrible horror film or plainly bad self indulgent crap, nothing is as bad in every way and is such a train wreck as "The Room."

It's amazingly bad. It's surreal how bad it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.