What is the worst film you have ever seen? (Pt. 3)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omnivore

Omnivore Active Member

Natural Born Killers was revolting.

I think the worst I've ever seen was a Silence of the Lambs knockoff called Candyman. I was on a first or maybe second date… afterwards, we laughed because we both wanted to walk out but weren't comfortable enough with the other person to suggest it and possibly be the downer

Drifter likes this.
  2. zmic

zmic Forum Resident

I'm usually pretty good at avoiding stinkers but I had to suffer through all of "Blood Diamond" with some people who thought it was the best movie of the year.

3. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Candyman is in no way related to Silence Of The Lambs, it was a short story by Clive Barker about a supernatural (ghost) serial killer.

4. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

A few contenders that i've seen recently.

Noah
    Dogville
    Moulin Rouge ( remake)
    Van Helsing
    Hooded Angels
    The Creeping Terror
    Cabin Fever
    Big Fish
    The Bucket List
    Kissin' Cousins (Elvis)

Ghostworld likes this.
  5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I know some professional Hollywood editors who moaned and weeped when the movie came out, because they knew that this would now be the new "hot trend" for film cutting. The inside word was that the effects and sets on the film were so fake-looking, Bay had the editors cut very, very fast so that you never really got a good look at them to help disguise their mediocre appearance. To me, the combination of shoddy plot, shaky-cam, and ultra-fast editing all combined to make it a horrible, horrible movie. Unfortunately, it's been the blueprint for a lot of Bay films that followed.

I like some of what Michael Bay has done, particularly The Rock and Pain & Gain, which I thought were interesting movies. But these big summer tentopole movies just suck.

McLover likes this.
  6. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I haven't seen Pain & Gain, but I do think that The Rock is a great movie... it's the only Michael Bay film that I can say I truly enjoy. :)

kronning likes this.
  7. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Forum Resident

I just got through Pussycat, Pussycat I Love You, a deservedly obscure, unofficial (?)-companion-piece (?)- sequel (?) to What's New, Pussycat? (a silly movie I love very much). It was Terrible. Painfully unfunny.

8. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

My buddy and I walked out of this.

[​IMG]

[email protected] likes this.
  9. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

Mamma Mia - The Movie. Two hours I'll forever regret losing.

eric777 likes this.
  10. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

The Rock is a terrible movie, just as horrendous as every other Michael Bay film. My least favorite scene is the incredibly goofy video game sequence where they have to roll under the giant machine (that serves no purpose) and time their rolls to avoid being cooked by the flames. I want to recut that sequence using the music from Super Mario Bros.

11. Perfect sound forever

Perfect sound forever Well-Known Member

Me personally, Last Exit to Brooklyn (sorry if you liked it) . i watched it in the cinema to a packed audience. I personally found it depressing , tedious & pointless. The only good moment was when an audience member shouted out an ad lib comment towards the end of movie which technically was highly inappropriate and morally very wrong but trust me it got a strong belly laugh from a 300 strong audience! Perhaps the audience felt the same way as me & needed to compensate for hours lost in valuable lifetime.

Over to you . Why did I want to do this is I just wanted to appreciate what people didn't rate.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2016
  12. The7thStranger

The7thStranger Part of the Rhythm Nation

I'm a big-time lover of bad films.

Ben & Arthur takes the cake for its horrendous script/plot, acting, and direction. Also, Cool Cat Saves the Kids.

But the worst big budget film... it's a tie between the monotonous, self-serving borefest that was Glitter and the sexist, stupid, and dull Sucker Punch.

Honorary mentions go to: Burlesque, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Knocked Up (which I walked out of before the end), Blades of Glory, and all other Will Ferrell movies.

Mark E. Moon. and Benno123 like this.
  13. rockerreds

rockerreds Senior Member

Two Of A Kind

wayneklein likes this.
  14. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

The Cook The Thief Hid Wife Her Lover
    God, what a wretched, pretentious mess. Nauseating. People walked out and I would have to except the guy who drove desperately wanted to see it and he promised to sit through Henry V with me (the Branaugh). The latter was so wonderful

15. Perfect sound forever

Perfect sound forever Well-Known Member

Great replies . Keep them coming.

16. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

Does the Pam Anderson/Tommy Lee video count?

17. jjh1959

jjh1959 Senior Member

Greaser's Palace.

If you have never seen it or nor heard of it, I envy you.

geralmar likes this.
  18. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

Too many. Scandal and Highlander (of those that are meant to be better) spring to mind.

wayneklein likes this.
  19. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

As mentioned above, Blades of Glory. Even Jenna Fischer looking all hot and sexy couldn't keep me watching the whole thing. But I did ... and wish I had those approx 2 hours back of my life. I feel the same way about any Will Ferrell movie where he is the star. When he plays a cameo like in Wedding Crashers it is fine for me, not over done but just enough to make me laugh. Ditto with Old School where be just doesn't go over the top. But when he is the main star ... I just can't handle it. Of course I was never a fan when he was on SNL so that could be why.

I feel the same with Adam Sandler but as a kid of the 90s I used to love his films. I look at them now and I am like ugh ... but the right between him and Bob Barker still makes me laugh regardless of how I feel otherwise!!

wayneklein and The7thStranger like this.
  20. The7thStranger

Adam Sandler is painful to sit through.

21. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I have no idea I tend to tune out or walk out if something really sucks.

sgb and zenarus like this.
  22. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Not a mess at all. Its a fantastic piece of work. Symbolism and allegory make people mad.

Welcome to the place, OP, but it pays to do a search before starting new threads. If you search for "worst movie" or "worst film", you'll see this topic has been done many, many times. Rather than start a new thread, its better to post to open ones.

Here's the current thread in an ongoing series:
    What is the worst film you have ever seen? (Pt. 3) »

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    AndrewS and Sprocket Henry like this.
  23. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Tree Of Life

I know several people who think it is a masterpiece, but I didn't understand the movie at all.

Dennis Metz likes this.
  24. The7thStranger

Almost all LGBTQ-themed movies are painful.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    Scott222C likes this.
  25. JerolW

JerolW Senior Member

I enjoyed the book, but Battlefield Earth was pretty bad.

jerol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.