What is the worst film you have ever seen? (Pt. 3)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

At the time Tom Cruise thought that acting meant kicking the furniture. Maybe they shouldn't have played pool but flipped a coin to see who won.

wayneklein likes this.
  2. We currently live in this world.

3. muffmasterh

muffmasterh Forum Resident

and any film that makes such use of Beethoven's 7th can't be all bad.

4. Wingman

Wingman Bored of the Rings

Although I didn't watch the entire miserable thing, "The Florida Project" is one helluva stinker.

5. bmasters9

bmasters9 Forum Resident

Definitely God's Not Dead-- its us-versus-them setup of good, God-fearing conservative Christians vs. evil atheists was such a turnoff that I don't think I'd ever care for the second one or any future ones.

muffmasterh likes this.
  6. overdrivethree

overdrivethree Forum Resident

I was just talking to my best friend about this the other day. The last time I went to see a movie in the way that people normally go to see movies, maybe every couple weeks or something, was for The Day After Tomorrow. It was so lousy that I realized, it put me off going to the movies for a long time. If something I *really* wanted to see was in theaters, I'd go (Borat, Simpsons). But after that, I didn't just go to the movies with friends or to get out of the house. It was so hackneyed, stupid, lazy, etc...zero substance.

7. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

OMG, this movie is pure genius. The mere fact that it ended up in this thread has me shaking my damn head!

8. Ethan B

Ethan B Forum Resident

Deuce Bigalow 2 was very bad.

9. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

so true it hurts

apesfan and wayneklein like this.
  10. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

How in the hell can someone hate on Idiocracy?

11. Rose River Bear

Rose River Bear Senior Member

I love that movie. Yeah I am one of those folks that love bad movies.
    Tor Johnson's Tor De Force. :D

Siegmund, Jazzmonkie and Sneaky Pete like this.
  12. the pope ondine

I can watch it thru mst3k if that counts

Rose River Bear likes this.
  13. FriendlyRanger

FriendlyRanger Forum Resident

I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere but Skidoo is the worst film I've ever seen. Has a great soundtrack, though.

You can tell the film is bad based on how little of it is present in the film trailer.

14. Rose River Bear

Rose River Bear Senior Member

I like the MST version as well but I like it straight up also.

15. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

So did 'Gilmore Girls'!

johnnyyen likes this.
  16. I missed that will have to watch it. My budget wasn’t as high and mine was made back in 1984 but it’s cool someone else saw this as a possibility

17. the pope ondine

agree, its interesting how some movie just don't connect with some people, the aforementioned eraser head as well

18. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

I saw it at the Film Forum with Plan 9 as a double feature and thoroughly enjoyed it. I have never laughed more in a theatre. It was the perfect place to see it with just the right audience.

19. TheVU

TheVU Forum Resident

Not the worst, but a big blunder, The Murder On The Orient Express.

The camera movement was completely unnecessary. Every time they could have gone with a straight two shot, they do some over the top camera move. You have an all star cast, let them act. They should have watched North By Northwest one more time prior. Or even Silver Streak...

20. evillouie

evillouie Forum Resident

Excalibur. God, that was terrible. It also featured some extreme overacting by a then-unknown Patrick Stewart.

Neil Anderson likes this.
  21. Neil Anderson

Neil Anderson Forum Resident

horrible movie. for some reason, i knew way too many people who liked it when I was a teenager. the most mind-blowing thing is that it was made and released several years after the Monty Python parody of the subject.

22. GreggF

GreggF Forum Resident

23. dukesdown

dukesdown Active Member

There's been a bunch, but three that come immediately to mind are Twister, Titanic, and Mrs. Doubtfire.

Karnak likes this.
  24. Jazzmonkie

Jazzmonkie Forum Resident

The worst movie I almost saw was Sausage Party. Had to turn it off after 5 minutes. The dialogue and double entendres sounded like they were written by 14 year old boys for 14 year old boys. It seemed like the writers were trying to see how many times the words s*** and f*** could be used for supposed comic effect.

25. frozen-beach

frozen-beach Forum Resident

I watched all of Neil Breen's films with my cousin the other day. Truly the worst films ever made, but the entertainment value is astounding. I almost passed out from laughing. My favorite scene from Fateful Findings

FredHubbard likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.