What is the worst film you have ever seen?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dreamwhip, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

How can you say a movie is the worst you've ever seen when you only watched 30 minutes of it? You can say you disliked that half-hour but you really can't judge the whole movie...

2. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I don't have to eat an entire foot-long poop sandwich to know I don't like it after the first bite.. :)

3. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

But that's different, as you know that a sandwich will almost certainly be the same at the end as at the beginning. Movies - and music - don't work that way. A movie can start poorly but improve as it progresses, or vice versa.

If someone says "Movie A was the worst movie I've ever seen" but they didn't watch the whole thing, I see no reason to take their opinion seriously...

4. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

An excellent film.

5. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

I watched the TCM The Beginning a few weeks ago. The reason was I watched the 2004(?) remake a few months ago and to be honest I enjoyed it far more then the original (which wasnt difficult).

However, the issue with prequals is that...well you kinda know who is gonna live and who is gonna die so I didnt sit there hoping for any of the poor pretty young people.

Was a pointless film really and would have worked better having the initial 10 minutes compressed into the first remake instead.

6. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

How could you hate a movie with Diora Baird? :cool:

7. mikestar

mikestar Friendly Optimist

The only film I ever really wanted to walk out on was Reality Bites. I don't even remember what it was about but I just wanted to cut my losses and move on. GF at the time won that argument tho and we stayed til the end.

8. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

The worst film I have ever seen is: "Amy Vong".

9. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

"Push" has just overtaken "Jumper" as the worst movie I have seen.

10. dividebytube

dividebytube Forum Resident

I finished watching 'Lifeforce' yesterday - awful script with enough plot holes to resemble swiss cheese. At least Matilda May is in the buff for most of the movie! They must have thrown some money at this stinker for the FX are pretty hot (for the time) but the movie barely holds together and then just kind of ends.

11. JDeanB

JDeanB Senior Member

I didn't see the latter, but hated Eraserhead, too. I hated Brown Bunny, for the most part, as well. The last scene was...well...interesting, though!

12. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

Lifeforce is a mess in a lot of ways, but I always loved this film. I think it deserves to be in the best worst horror films thread.

13. bruce_campbell

bruce_campbell New Member

Wow, the hate for Eraserhead has made me sad.

14. Matthew B.

Matthew B. Scream Quietly

I kind of like it too. It's as if Tobe Hooper was trying to do his own Hammer horror film. Though at times it's more hammy horror.

15. -Alan

-Alan Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.