What is your BEST flea market find ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by white wolf, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rene smalldridge

rene smalldridge Senior Member

None of these flea market finds were very recent so it might seem so. They were just the best ones I recall getting. Think the latest one of them was sometime in the early 90s. Actually don't go to many flea markets anymore and around these parts, they seem to be becoming extinct. Still make the garage sale circuit but the vinyl treasures are few and far between mostly CDs. Oh yeah and one more record came to mind from a now defunct flea market in Kansas City------GLORIA - lst album by the Shadows Of Knight for a dollar.

2. andy749

andy749 Senior Member

The Buddy Holly Story on Coral in real good shape - $1.50

Crow's first 2 LPs $1.00 each

Straight Up - Badfinger w/glossy cover...maybe UK $1.00

SRC by SRC in great shape! $1.00

3. GMDuss

GMDuss I Get A Custom One?

My best flea market find:

i bought a mint condition original Date vinyl of Oddesey and Oracle by the Zombies for $1.00. The record doesn't sound anything special, but there was a $50 bill in the sleeve!

GD

4. Randy W

Randy W Original Member

Original Ike and Tina Turner "River Deep, Mountain High" LP at Goodwill.

5. creativepart

creativepart Forum Resident

So far...

Last Friday I found a Russian copy of Paul McCartney's "Choba B CCCP" his Soviet era "Back in the USSR" LP. It was mint, with a mint cover in a plastic outter cover. Mine was pressed in Leningrad (now St. Petersberg). I paid 50 Cents for it.

A couple of months ago I got the "Buckingham Nicks" LP (the gatefold version) their first LP before Fleetwood Mac for 25 cents. There are boots of this on CD, but no official releases.

Both at a Thrift Store nearby.
    Paul Geen

6. reidc

reidc Senior Member

While I haven't found anything really earth shattering- I have a few pieces that I am glad I picked up.

2 Telarc label pieces: Pictures At An Exhibition and The Firebird Suite minty minty $1.00 20 years ago.

3 Japanese RCA Victor issues from Tomita with OBI's. I haven't pulled out the titles in years, but after I bought them for the dollar or two I paid- I noticed black marking on the jackets. The covers were dark, and I didn't see it right away. It appears to be Japanese writing. I have no idea what it says, or WHO wrote it. Could it be autographed??? I really don't know.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.