What is your dream box set that doesn't (yet) exist?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by evillouie, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Detroit Rock Citizen

Detroit Rock Citizen RetroDawg Digital

I think R&B Skeletons is the second best.

2. Van Halen - The Unreleased Tracks and Alternate Versions (featuring David Lee Roth, Sammy Hagar, Gary Cherone and . . . others?)

pablo fanques and slipkid like this.
  3. Richard Starkly

Richard Starkly Can't tune a piano, but I can tuna fish

You've got a good point there about the grandchildren. I like what he's trying to do and I like the odd track they do but I don't think they're massively talented and even if they were I'm not sure they'd do their best stuff hanging out with grandad. Aside from their stuff there's some amazing things on the more recent albums but it tends to be the stuff where Clinton or the older alumni are up front.

Dark Horse 77 likes this.
  4. virgopunk

virgopunk Forum Resident

Wouldn't say no to The Complete Stereolab collection or a definitive James Brown box set.

Hep Alien likes this.
  5. BillyBudapest'sPajamas

BillyBudapest'sPajamas Forum Resident

6. Mollusk

Mollusk I AM THE STALLION

Ween have gone on record for having hundreds, if not thousands of cassettes worth of unreleased material, and I'd love to have all of it released.

maui jim likes this.
  7. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

For many years, I've been suggesting a comprehensive multi-disc box set compiling the entire RCA recordings and pre-RCA recordings of Charley Pride, whom we just recently lost due to COVID. It's a shame Charley didn't live to see the release of a comprehensive multi-disc box set focusing on the output of his career prime, but he needs to be honored in as many ways as possible.
    [​IMG]
    Charley Pride waving to the audience

Dennis Quaid 'Finally'... Bringing "Charley Pride" Biopic to Life

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  8. Jarleboy

Jarleboy Music was my first love

I couldn´t agree more. A great singer.

I am so glad there was a set of twofers released by BGO recently. ("Twofers" is wrong - they were 2CD releases, each consisting of four albums. The even included a 2CD set in the same series which featured three "Best Of"s and a "Greatest Hits" - no overlaps. A minor miracle.

Charley Pride - The Best Of Charley Pride Vols. I, II & III / Greatest Hits

melstapler and pablo fanques like this.
  9. octophone

octophone immaterial girl

"The House Of Love - On Fontana"

10. 6stringer

6stringer ...because it's the music that matters.

Given how disposable they were at the time, yet lauded in hindsight, a box of EMI 45 Mono mixes of A sides from the 60's wouldn't be bad. There's a lot of good songs in there which are mainly only available in what passed for stereo.

11. guerilla1977

guerilla1977 Forum Resident

I'm a little late in posting this, but the recent Jewel Box contains most of the 1970s-1980s non-album tracks. We're now a lot closer to having ALL of them in cleaned up digital form, whether in this box or on other recent reissues.

pablo fanques likes this.
  12. Dovetail7

Dovetail7 Pragmatic Purist

Warren Zevon The Complete Roxy Live Recordings

jay.dee, Hep Alien, Runicen and 2 others like this.
  13. 21st Century Schizoid Cat

21st Century Schizoid Cat Sleepy soul

I'd love a box set, or hell, even just a compilation, of the Decemberist's rarities. Though a box set covering all of the songs for consideration for Jimi Hendrix's fourth studio album would be fantastic

qtrules likes this.
  14. I would welcome a box set from Supertramp, Alan Parsons Project or Elton John. Elton recently released a new box set "Jewels" of unreleased and rare tracks but he doesn't really have a comprehensive Greatest Hits box set. His latest 3-CD Diamond box set still misses some of his hits from Sleeping from the Past album (i.e. Healing Hands. Club at the End of the Street), Reg Strikes Back album hits (i.e. A Word in Spanish).

15. Brian Imig

Brian Imig Forum Resident

I second the idea of a Jade Warrior boxed set.

WisFish and Runicen like this.
  16. Brian Imig

Brian Imig Forum Resident

I would love to see a boxed set of live Oregon recordings from the Collin Walcott era.

john lennonist and jay.dee like this.
  17. Sterling Cooper

Sterling Cooper Forum Resident

Just a few years ago, a Deep Purple Lp set was released on purple-colored vinyl. I wish there could be a Pink Floyd Lp set on pink-colored vinyl. (I collect colored vinyl Lp's.)

18. Raylinds

Raylinds Resident Lake Surfer

An AAA box set of obscure psychedelia.

pablo fanques and Reader like this.
  19. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Based on the box sets that are out there, I think we can safely say there is nothing of note from APP that remained on the cutting room floor. The way they worked seems to have been some really basic and rough "demo's" that were either progressed to album tracks, or dismissed. I could be wrong, but I don't think you can muster more than 2 tracks of unreleased material in all their Special Editions. There was an "unreleased album" that came out as part of their complete discography box set, and even that was barely passable as complete tunes - and there were no vocals. It seems it just wasn't their way to cut a bunch of tracks, they were very focused.

Jarleboy likes this.
  20. Centralscrutinizer

Centralscrutinizer Forum Resident

Zappa - The Complete Vaults
    (I'm saving up for it already :D)

pablo fanques likes this.
  21. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Don't forget to save up for the shipping fee, it will come in a container.

Runicen likes this.
  22. CHALKERS

CHALKERS Forum Resident

R.E.M. - The Christmas Singles!

Hep Alien and pablo fanques like this.
  23. youraveragevinylcollector

youraveragevinylcollector Forum Resident

The Greatest Hits and One Hit Wonders of the 70s and 80s... Played straight from the master tapes with minimal EQ and remixing. Or, if there's hot single mixes of these songs... INCLUDE THEM!

Jarleboy likes this.
  24. Primordial Urge

Primordial Urge Well-Known Member

A box set of all the Snoop Doggy Dogg era aka Death Row years.

Richard Starkly likes this.
  25. Erick Haight

Erick Haight We all float down here

Sylvian & Fripp — The First Day [3 CD + 1 Blu-ray]: Studio album, live album, edits + remixes, 5.1 mix