What is your endgame integrated amplifier?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Naka9, Nov 6, 2022.

1. MuddyBill

MuddyBill Active Member

I'm looking into auditioning one in the future. I currently have LM805ia and Devore o/96's, as well :)

2. Ontheone

Ontheone Poorly Understood Member

Please keep me posted on your listening impressions!

AllenR and MuddyBill like this.
  3. Tawaun A Williams

Tawaun A Williams Forum Resident

Prima-Luna Evo 400

Moonriver 404
    Denon PMA-110
    Roksan Black
    Anthem STR
    Rogue Pharoah II

Icethorn likes this.
  4. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian

What does “endgame” really mean in the audiophile world?
    End of what “game”? I don’t think it’s necessarily what you can afford but what will really what will make you personally happy without constantly looking for something better. IMO satisfaction is the endgame.

Mike-48, Oddiofyl, Tim 2 and 3 others like this.
  5. P3ESRXD

P3ESRXD Arnaud, still enjoying...with what I have

Endgame is variable, depending on many things,
    so my endgame is today's "best sounding" to my ears!

The end is when i can not listen anymore.
    So the games continues untill then ...

timind and Khorn like this.
  6. GoldprintAudio

GoldprintAudio Forum Resident

Pharaoh II is excellent! I've been curious about the Moonriver.....not had the chance to hear one yet. Really nice looking piece.

Mr.Sign likes this.
  7. cod

cod Well-Known Member

While I realize there are "better" integrated amplifiers available

I'm really enjoying / happy with my Sugden A21 Signature

If I had my druthers, I would put in a larger transformer, a few additional reserve caps per channel and upgrade the phono preamp board a skosh...

but as is, I think it is a great little amplifier and I have no intention of replacing it...

It makes music and I listen to more music with it in my system than other amplifiers...

8. ghasley

ghasley Forum Resident

Is that what Sugden did with the IA4?

9. Bryan T

Bryan T Forum Resident

If Benchmark made an integrated amp, that might do it. Digital in, analog in, their DAC, and their amp tech.

Mike-48 and timind like this.
  10. telemike

telemike Forum Resident

Denon PMA-900HNE for me. Serves all my needs. Hopefully last until I pass on from this plane of existance

soundboy, timind and Classic Car Guy like this.
  11. Ken Clark

Ken Clark Forum Resident

For me I imagine the Luxman L-507z would do it. From what I've read, wonderful sound, abundant power, terrific MC & MM phono stage & headphone amp, incredible build and fabulous looks. At $9K it's somewhat of a bargain.

12. cod

cod Well-Known Member

Alas, not as I understand....

While the A21 Signature, A21 SE Signature and IA-4 started from the same general point ~ their are a number of changes which are significant

* different preamp sections
    * different power supplies
    * pot -vs- relay switching
    * plain -vs- gold plated circuit boards

With every little change / "improvement" made, there are gains in resolution, dynamics, power output, .... which are great for many listeners

But at the expense of some of the "completeness / continuous-ness" of the base A21 Signature....

I don't want change / improve on the overall sound of the A21 Signature
    ~ simply give it more power reserves And beef up the power supply to the phono section to make it a bit quieter

Happy listening

13. Gyrouser

Gyrouser Forum Resident

I would love to own one of Shindo amps someday as in my dreams that would be endgame amp for me. In reality I already own my endgame amp, Mastersound Compact845. Well at least for foreseeable future.

andrewrona and mreeter like this.
  14. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Probably a big Luxman or Accuphase. I’m a sucker for big purty integrated amps .

15. bluenosens

bluenosens Forum Resident

I would be very happy with the Luxman L507X especially after reading the Tone Audio mag review. It is probably a big improvement over my 2001 Luxman L503S. I do enjoy the Luxman presentation. There are so many good choices out there so it is more about preference, speakers and synergy, but the Lux just draws me in me every time I listen.

mreeter likes this.
  16. mjcmt

mjcmt Forum Resident

You ask what's my end game integrated amp? Unapproachable contenders for me are...

DarTZeel CTH-8550

McIntosh MA9500

Hegel H590

Melody50 and mreeter like this.
  17. Classic Car Guy

Classic Car Guy - The Sound That Touch The Face Of God -

Still looking for the integrated solid state amp. I'm looking for a new one or fully rebuilt by a pro that is comparable to the advanced old school with 2 to 3 tape monitor 'with separate in and out switch" for mixing. and with a high level phono input with MM and MC selector. Even a preamp would work too. There are so many vintage ones out there but I'm looking for one that is in like new condition that is totally rebuilt and measured correctly by a professional... Or even a brand new ones if they have one today with these features.

18. TheVinylAddict

TheVinylAddict Look what I found

Not in the market for an end game integrated, but if I was I'd be tempted by a Class A or Class AB Accuphase, second choice would be a higher end Luxman for easier accessibility in US market.

yenyen and mreeter like this.
  19. TheVinylAddict

TheVinylAddict Look what I found

We think alike :)... and in both those cases, they're not just purty, but also well built and sound great!!

yenyen, Tim 2 and mreeter like this.
  20. Plinko

Plinko Senior Member

Earlier this year, I lucked into a restored Kyocera A-710 and yes, it is amazing. Not much official literature out there but Vintage Knob says the export version A-710 is similar to the A-910. If I were you, I would also look for an A-710 as it seems more common.

Also, would suggest the JVC mentioned by Waxxy above. I have this one also. The JVC might in sum total be the superior amplifier as it also has the K2 interface (digital reclocking) and the internal dac. Listening to the DAC in ‘direct’ mode (circuits bypassed and like a simulated class A) is a very high end experience (prefer it to my Naim NDX). It’s really quite something for the 1980s. The Naim NDX is now “shelved” and I use a Naim ND5XS simply to stream digital to it. People would be shocked at how good that sounds.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
    Ilusndweller likes this.
  21. Classic Car Guy

22. Donivey

Donivey Forum Resident

I agree about the Sugden A21 Sig. being a bit less than "quiet". It is the only reason I can't use it with my Cornwall IV's. Too much noise out of one speaker. The Moonriver 404R, on the other hand, is dead quiet with the CW's, and sounds really good.

23. Classic Car Guy

I finally got mine. :-plnktn-:

[​IMG]

24. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Please stop calling them vinyls.

Look into Carver CM-1090.

25. mtemur

mtemur Forum Resident

Kondo Ongaku or Overture which is doing just fine.