What is your endgame integrated amplifier?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Naka9, Nov 6, 2022.

1. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

I've been at this hobby/passion for over 50 years, I'm still changing gear, thought I was done many times.
    I don't think my " endgame " will happen until my game is at its end. :laugh:

Swann36, Icethorn, andrewrona and 3 others like this.
  2. Rega p6

Rega p6 Well-Known Member

Luxman 509

Djohm and terzinator like this.
  3. cod

cod Well-Known Member

Too much noise out of ONE speaker makes me think their is a part drifting out of spec... the noise floor should be equal in both channels. Also, is it in phono only or all sources / inputs ?

4. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

How long do integrated mid fi amplifiers last anyway on average?

5. samurai

samurai Step right up! See the glory, of the royal scam.

Rarely any love around here for Aesthetix.
    The Mimas is quite an integrated.

6. mjcmt

mjcmt Forum Resident

Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
    Icethorn, Classic Car Guy and Tim 2 like this.
  7. Classic Car Guy

Classic Car Guy - Touch The Face Of God -

Yep.. Once you start using fans, you'll never run an amp without one. I also have a dual 300b and been using a fan for 2 years now. Sometimes I run the amp the whole night till the next after noon and when I touch the transformer its barely warm.

8. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

Fans give off a lot of RF, wouldn't have one in the same room.

C10 likes this.
  9. Classic Car Guy

I spent over 25 years on EL34 amps with even the purchase of octet british Mullard EL34 back in 1989. Great sounding amps and tubes. I just recently sold the tubes for I don't use that amp anymore. The same that I'm doing with this newer amp I got, I have 3 sets of output tubes for each one. I just know that one day, I wont be able to afford buying those tubes anymore. just like the Mullards. Hopefully this will be my endgame besides a new cooling fan when these blows up along the way. :laugh:

10. Morbius

Morbius Forum Resident

Its always been my understanding that with tubes the warmer the better. I had an old HH Scott 222cC circa 1962 that came with a walnut veneered case which of course was open in the back and had 3 vent slots on top with 3 different lengths to form a "V".
    I used to run that all day and would bring it to my tech occasionally for a cleaning and to be checked out and we didn't retube it for years. I finally sold it in perfect working condition with a Scott 314 tuner and 335 MPX adapter and a McIntosh MR77 tuner I had to a collector in 2010 when I returned to my roots in solid state. Wish I still had the MR77 though.

Tim 2 likes this.
  11. DZ13

DZ13 New Member

I have the LTA Zotl z40+ integrated which match my Spatial Audio Labs X5s really well. I picked it up used and rolled some tubes and does what I want it to. I'll keep it unless some incredible cheap, light and inexpensive amp comes along. I thought that might be some Class D GaNfet amp but nope.

12. andrewrona

andrewrona Well-Known Member

I run mine from a cellphone ext battery supply @5 volts, it lasts for weeks of listening!

13. andrewrona

andrewrona Well-Known Member

That would be the Topping la 90 !

14. Classic Car Guy

I have a question, when I ship my amp to QC, do I have to bring a transformer/ power supply 220 to 120 with
    2-245 watts tube mono blocks
    1-160 watts tube preamp
    200 watts for other accessories.
    ______
    900 watts (approximately total)

or can I get a reliable one in PI? What is your recommendation?
    Thanks Kabayan...:-plnktn-:

15. highendlover

highendlover Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
    Oliver Meyer and Dave Decadent like this.
  16. chipcalzada

chipcalzada Forum Resident

Sorry can't help you with this as I've never used a 110v amplifier. Good luck!

17. fish

fish Senior Member

18. Classic Car Guy

Thanks.

chipcalzada likes this.
  19. rexp

rexp Forum Resident

Integrated SS Amps have improved massively this century, I haven't demoed any recently and wonder what the minimum spend is now to get high-end sound?

20. mjcmt

mjcmt Forum Resident

This more than likely would be my end game integrated amp.

darTZeel HTC-8550
    [​IMG]

TarnishedEars and Dave Decadent like this.
  21. Classic Car Guy

"Maybe"... and I'm not in the position to tell anyone what to do. All I know if I count he hours of owning and listening to my tube amps since 1987, I think that's enough experience for me to measure reliability and sound. The bottom line is, I'm happy, not worried, and not get myself confused with blogs for I can fix my own amp... Babieh! :shtiphat:

22. LostArk

LostArk Forum Resident

$3k-ish (e.g. Marantz model 30, Yamaha A-S1200) does the trick, imho. After that diminishing returns kick in hard. I have an A-S801 ($900) in my 2nd system and sometimes I'm flabbergasted by just how good it is for the outlay.

rexp and The Pinhead like this.
  23. Thymallus

Thymallus Forum Resident

I was lucky to be able to purchase in 2009 an Accuphase E-550 integrated amplifier, which now is equipped with AD-30 and DAC-50 input boards. End of my hifi journey with amplifiers.

matro5, Jay hartman, jonwoody and 2 others like this.
  24. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

Wow! Hell of an amp; love that brand. It would be my endgame amp as well if I could afford one, that is.

25. Classic Car Guy

Are you sure that's not a chi-fi? :biglaugh:
    Just messing... Congrats. In 2009 was the same year I bought a Yaqin chi-fi just to mess with. OMG what a fun and happy 10 years of lo-fi memories. There's so much stuffs that I fixed it and felt like I almost bought a whole new slightly step-up amp. Its a good that that wasn't my primary amp otherwise I'd go bananas. Then I bought another one 37 watt tube amp. I plugged and 80's emerson transistor radio next to it . The transistor sounds better.. LoL.. I got rid of it.:-plnktn-:

The Pinhead likes this.