Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

What is your vinyl cleaning routine? Poll

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Porkpie, May 3, 2021.

1. Nathan Z

Nathan Z Forum Resident

Every record that sees my stylus gets a wet clean first. I use a Spin Clean, which is less than optimal, but better than nothing. I also use an AudioQuest carbon fibre brush before putting the tonearm down.

2. SunSon

SunSon Forum Resident

The anti-static brush is essential. Just this simple little thing makes a world of difference time and time again.

3. Brush. Good to go :tiphat:

uzn007 likes this.
  4. Ray Blend

Ray Blend • vinyls •

Mine:
    • Check to see if new vinyl is dirty
    It never goes beyond that point, as new vinyl is clean.

5. Satrus

Satrus Forum Resident

I wet clean all new and used records first. That is followed by ultrasonic cleaning on my Klaudio RCM. Once that process has been completed the only additional ‘cleaning’ that I do is a light brushing with my Audioquest brush to remove lint or airborne debris, before and after play. No further cleaning is necessary in my case. I have the cleanest sounding vinyl I have ever had in over fifty years with a total absence of noise. Count me very, very happy! :D

Jim0830 and Otlset like this.
  6. Casey737

Casey737 Forum Resident

All records get an ultrasonic bath on a DIY setup then a rinse on pro-ject RCM and air dry. Before play get a carbon brushing and quick spritz with groove washer solution and velvet brush. soon to be upgrading to a Degritter and selling the DIY US setup.