What New Releases Are You Looking Forward To In 2021

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by LilacTeardrop, Oct 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here" Thread Starter

:wave:To continue concept I'd begun last year for 2020, let's post, as according to thread title, which is pretty self-explanatory: Scheduled new releases 2021.
    Shall we please keep to a minimum those "hoped for's"(there is a separate thread someone started for that) & jokes...the world, me, etc. (re: Covid) - I know there will still be some who just can't resist, but this is primarily for music discovery. 2020 has had lots of participants...Let's have some fun & maybe learn of some which we'll go on to purchase, too! Encourage posting throughout 2021 as titles become available, as was done for 2020 (These threads do co-exist w/the Best Albums Of....begun by another member some years ago.) I'll bump it, as needed.
    Thank You~
    :)
    Aaron Lee Tasjan - Tasjan! Tasjan! Tasjan!
    Indie folk r.
    February 5, 2021 on New West Records. Pre-orders available now.
    Aaron's vocals are quite Tom Petty (R.I.P.) -sounding.
    [​IMG]

Sean, vamborules and Larry L like this.
  2. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Front Line Assembly-Mechanical Soul, January
    [​IMG]

3. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Not much announced officially yet for next year but some bands should have new stuff out next year if all goes well:

Steven Wilson
    Manic Street Preachers
    Europe
    Foo Fighters
    The Stones (maybe?)
    Marillion
    Noel Gallagher
    Paul Weller
    KT Tunstall
    Thunder

Also, if they follow the same 4-year plan they have since 1990, there should be a new Depeche Mode album next year.

I think the Thunder and Foo Fighters records are already in the can and were just delayed. Paul Weller already said he's written a new album and it'll come out next spring, the others are just conjecture on my part...it's been 4 years since Noel's last full-length, so he's due, and KT has posted pictures on her instagram from the studio this year. The Manics just revealed they're working on a new record in quarantine since they can't tour. So I think it will be a good year.

It's hard to tell whether the pandemic will actually result in more releases next year, or less music being written, just depending on how willing and able the bands are to work on things remotely.

Skylab likes this.
  4. BrainOfJHA

BrainOfJHA Pearl Jam high five!

Didn’t know ALT announced a new album. Awesome! I have been enjoying the live-streams the last two weeks and looking forward to the final one tonight with a full band.

LilacTeardrop likes this.
  5. Etienne Hanratty

Etienne Hanratty Forum Resident

There were vague murmurings of a St Vincent album this year. It hasn’t materialised so I’m holding out hope for 2021. Another set from Joanna Newsom would be nice, and would fit the n+1 formula for intervals between albums she’s been following since Ys (where n=the number of years between the release of her last 2 albums).

Half Man Half Biscuit and the Proclaimers usually follow three year cycles so I’m hoping for new stuff from them.

6. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

Some confirmed releases for 2021 include:

Garbage
    Weyes Blood
    Passenger
    Edie Brickell & New Bohemians
    Birdy
    London Grammar
    Charlotte Cardin
    Churches

Uncle Miles, ARK and LilacTeardrop like this.
  7. Davey

Davey NP: Michael A. Muller ~ Mirror Music (2024 LP)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    NorthNY Mark and Beamish13 like this.
  8. Davey

And the other big one for me, also on Fire Records, is the new Virginia Wing Private LIFE in February, excited to hear both ...

Virginia Wing – private LIFE

9. Exitmusic

Exitmusic Forum Resident

Is there any confirmed date for the Weyes Blood album?

10. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Pretty Reckless

SpringSteen box set - either Tracks 2 or BUSA

Stones

Metric should have a new one

Radiohead maybe

Next Prince/Petty/Jimi box

GNR?

Kendrick

NIN?

11. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

No, but it seems like a sure thing. We're just now beginning to get January/February release dates.

12. Davey

Also the new Still Corners record is out on January 21, more of the wind-blown desert dream pop they've been conjuring for the last few years, this one The Last Exit, and this below the opening title track ...

With the shimmering desert noir sound the band has become known for, THE LAST EXIT takes you on a hypnotic journey, one filled with dilapidated towns, mysterious shapes on the horizon, and long trips that blur the line between what’s there and not there. Greg says, “We found something out there in the desert – something in the vast landscapes that went on forever."

Beamish13 and Gary like this.
  13. Radardog

Radardog Forum Resident

Beatles - Get Back Box Set!

14. Sean

Sean Senior Member

The Rolling Stones next & probably last album (one can still hope)
    Bob Dylan Bootleg Series latest chapter
    Paul McCartney's Back to the Egg & London Town reissues
    Whatever Neil Young feels like putting out.
    The Beatles Let It Be reissue
    New music from Jimmy Page....lol

15. DPK

DPK Forum Resident

Lucero- When You Found Me (Jan. 29)

veon and jeffrey walsh like this.
  16. Trader Joe

Trader Joe Forum Resident

Nothing good announced for release in 2021 - yet.

klockwerk likes this.
  17. DPK

DPK Forum Resident

The Wrens

Just kidding!

Davmoco and ndoheny like this.
  18. marysdad

marysdad Forum Resident

Neil Young - Way Down in the Rust Bucket. It has been such a bummer that Weld was not released in the US on Vinyl. Rust Bucket may be as close as we can come.

Biscuit1970, Aar Gal and Keam like this.
  19. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

Strange to think that this could actually have been your 1971 wish list. And that was an incredible year for music.

Lee Davis and hEARt PhoniX like this.
  20. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Mike Lindup - Changes II (Solo album)

Thorpy likes this.
  21. Mooserfan

Mooserfan Forum Resident

I was going to say Crowded House, but it looks like it’s coming out this year!

22. Dylan75

Dylan75 Forum Resident

The next chapter in Bob Dylan’s Bootleg Series
    Rory Gallagher 50th Anniversary set of his debut album
    Whatever the Bowie estate releases
    Whatever Neil Young gets released
    Stones From The Vault releases (could be a new album as well )
    Springsteen Tracks 2
    The delayed Ramones End of the Century 40th Anniversary release

DocShipe, Biscuit1970 and Fred1970 like this.
  23. Jeff Minn

Jeff Minn Senior Member

Garbage? Noel Gallagher? Awesome! :thumbsup:

24. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here" Thread Starter

There will almost definitely be releases for music artists have performed on live-stream events during 2020 in 2021. - Just leaving this here (b/c I've posted it on my 2020 thread) purely as an example why I think that (& b/c I've attended a number of these virtual live-stream shows). Billie Joe Armstrong "No Fun Mondays" (his covers' live-stream series over this summer) has a scheduled release date of November 27 2020. Maybe the 1st (?) of these.

I did not find anything regarding a Noel Gallagher (is this with High Flying Birds or solo?) 2021 release. That's surprising to hear re: KT Tunstall (& did not find anything on that, either) - She's been quite busy touring her 2018 Wax CD/LP on live-stream venues. Her Lobero Theatre show streamed thru vimeo platform was terrific! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoiytSUR1jw - Billie Joe Armstrong
    No Fun Mondays

Here's article re: Garbage. They had spoken of it in 2019 for release in 2020, so nice to hear that beyond that delay, it may be 2021. I am not seeing info. as far as a release date or title, though.
    New Garbage album is recorded and coming out in 2021

@BlueJay (& others here) on my What Are You Looking Forward To In 2020 Thread (begun in November 2019) we all posted detailed information for the releases & at that time, I thought if it took off okay, I'd do so for 2021, too (hence this thread). I'm figuring you may not have participated on it, so unaware of that. I left my own example here in opening post so all members would have the gist of thread & follow, as I set these up for informational purposes (as well as fun play) not necessarily dreams/hopes of what might be released, but actual confirmed releases. Of course, on the 2020 thread, not all members followed guidelines either, but let's please try to post confirmed releases & if possible, w/some accompanying information, at least titles, so members here can learn about them - one of my main reasons for starting these threads: sharing music info. Thanks, all. :):thumbsup:
    - 2020 Thread is linked below as reference & do please post there for anything coming out in the next few months!
    Thanks, all. :):thumbsup:
    What New Releases Are You Looking Forward To In 2020?

London Grammer - Californian Soil
    Release Date: February 12, 2021
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    Ivand, Thorpy and Beamish13 like this.
  25. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Complete conjecture on my part, but KT has been in the studio (might've been in an instagram story instead of an actual post, I can't remember), and this will be the third album in a planned trilogy, so presumably it's been in the works for awhile. An indie artist of her level may have incentive to wait until she can actually tour behind it, so that may push it into 2022 but if she can go out and play gigs, I think it will come out next year.

No idea about Noel, it just seems time. Who Built The Moon will be 4 years old next year...he basically got almost an album's worth of songs out through those EP's, but I don't think those were meant to be "the next album," just kind of a diversion. I know he's been working, and presumably he doesn't have much else to do during all this, and he doesn't really need a full band to make a record, so I just don't see it being that much longer until we hear something from him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.