What old TV shows have you been watching lately?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by James Slattery, Jul 2, 2020.

1. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

I remember this one but I think I only saw a few episodes. Yes, it did remind me a lot of The Fugitive but not nearly as good a show.

4_everyman likes this.
  2. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

Michael likes this.
  3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

4. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

Hopefully you have ordered the app and are paying the fee as RFD-TV has lots of great programming worth the price.

Michael likes this.
  5. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident Thread Starter

I was so glad to finally get a good quality DVD release of the show. For decades I had a Frankenstein set, culled from 16mm prints, Armed Forces Network recordings from Germany and Korea and a few off SciFi network cut by 6 minutes. One of my favorites as a kid.

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

it does! Indeed...

7. Kaskade10729

Kaskade10729 Senior Member

8. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

I've been watching that also!!:cheers:

MikeInFla likes this.
  9. Django

Django Forum Resident

I love on the buses, but this is spot on.

10. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts

The Invaders

11. The Dark Elf

The Dark Elf Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

At Last the 1948 Show. Marty Feldman, John Cleese and Graham Chapman. Pre-Python 1967 skit comedy. Enough said.

12. ed carter

ed carter Forum Resident

Just started season 5 of the complete box set of The Streets of San Francisco. For anyone who lived in Bay Area in the 70s, it's like a time machine, with loads of location shooting. Also, a crackerjack police procedural, with very human characters, a murderer's row of character actor guest stars, and quite a bit of social commentary/subject matter.

steelinYaThighs likes this.
  13. mattright

mattright Forum Resident

Finally watched Banacek starring George Peppard for the first time. Great early 70s show and great location shooting around Boston and other cities that he goes to. Kind of like if Columbo was an insurance investigator while also being a Bond-level ladies man at the same time.

14. BwanaBob

BwanaBob Forum Resident

I've been jumping through The Wild Wild West. It's free on demand in my area, though I have the entire set on DVD. Brings back lots of memories watching it with my Dad and brother.

15. Kaskade10729

16. Kaskade10729

17. geetar_await

geetar_await I heart Linux.

Fantasy Island & Love Boat on Pluto - first, Love Boat, then Fantasy Island on Saturday nights. what a time.

MikeInFla likes this.
  18. smartiepants

smartiepants Senior Member

I still have my copy of this on good old HD-DVD a long forgotten format
    [​IMG]

MikeInFla and Kaskade10729 like this.
  19. Kaskade10729

Awesome!

I remember those heavy plastic "shells" for the HD DVDs...

Do you have all three seasons in the format?

20. smartiepants

unfortunately not, only season one but I still have about 50 films and a Toshiba player, it doesn't get used much but not worth ditching just yet, to be honest I cannot remember the last time I bought a film in any format

21. Kaskade10729

I remember sitting out the "format war" between Blu-ray and HD DVD to see which would win; of course, Blu-ray took hold, but if I had bought into HD DVD, I would definitely still have a dedicated player for the discs and wouldn't give up on the format.

As for me, I watch nothing but films and, sometimes shows, in physical format; no streaming for us. We have a massive disc collection, including DVDs, that we regularly add to.

Was there a reason why you didn't get the other two seasons on HD DVD? The way it worked with us is that I had a gift certificate to Best Buy as a birthday gift from my mother in law at that time, and I used it to pick up the first season on Blu. Then, a couple years later, we were walking around the same Best Buy and I noticed the "complete series" DVD box set and it was a great price -- we decided to pick it up as an impulse buy, but now I'm stuck with the DVD set of the complete series AND the first season on Blu...:crazy:

22. smartiepants

the format war ended quite a while ago I can only imagine I picked season one up dirt cheap when all were being sold off but cannot honestly remember, I had a bad habit of picking anything that was cheap but also spent a fortune on special collectors editions from all over the world when DVD collecting was in its prime all gathering dust now

23. Kaskade10729

Yeah, Blu-ray established dominance around...what was it, 07 or so?

24. smartiepants

2008 according to the interweb

25. Kaskade10729

Yeah, thought it was around that mark...