What old TV shows have you been watching lately?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by James Slattery, Jul 2, 2020.

1. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear.

The Saint is on Decades? I'll check and DVR it if so.

Hymie the Robot likes this.
  2. Ms. Daisy

Ms. Daisy Forum Resident

I remember watching this. My mom loved this show.

Mesozoic Mike likes this.
  3. dwm67

dwm67 Forum Resident

The Six Million Dollar Man … almost halfway through Season 2 :)

MerseyBeatle and MikeInFla like this.
  4. Bob A. Gosselin

Bob A. Gosselin Just an ordinary guy

Just finished watching all of the “Poirot” episodes starring David Suchet. Outstanding tv series. Am now watching/ alternating both “Sherlock Holmes” with the late Jeremy Brett & “Morse” with the late John Thaw. These two series are also excellent. I have a membership with Britbox for only $10 a month. British television has excellent content.

5. The Bionic Woman. Alternating with The Six Million Dollar Man.

Ms. Daisy likes this.
  6. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Of course :D

7. It was all about the ratings.

Mesozoic Mike likes this.
  8. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

If you can find it, a very similar series to DANGER MAN was one called MAN IN A SUITCASE. Indeed, many of the production people moved over to this show when Patrick McGoohan quit DANGER MAN and went on to THE PRISONER.

MAN IN A SUITCASE is a private-eye/thriller about a former US intelligence man who was forced to resign and is now travelling around in Europe taking on private cases for hire in order to make enough to live on. It starred Richard Bradford and had a Ron Grainer theme.

9. Django

Django Forum Resident

Legend (previously known as the horror channel) have just started showing Knight rider. I'm watching the first episode now.
    Originally aired on the 26th of September 1982.

10. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

I watched a couple episodes on The invaders. I loved as a kid but it didn't hold up for me.

rockclassics and shokhead like this.
  11. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

I also tried, nope

RickH, rockclassics and unclefred like this.
  12. Scowl

Scowl Forum Resident

I was tempted to skip season nine of Dallas since it was famously erased in one of the silliest moments in network television, but the stories are pretty good so far. Bobby's will throws lots of things into chaos, and Sue Ellen having her lost week(end) in which her car is stolen, she's kidnapped and robbed, and staggers drunk around the seedy parts of Dallas in high heels is soap opera gold. I assume she'll become a prostitute by the end of the plotline.

13. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear.

Just saw this post. Looks interesting. Have suitcase, will travel. Hopefully it's on Amazon Prime for free.

14. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

Mister Ed
    [​IMG]

Spastica likes this.
  15. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

I watched the pilot for Hill Street Blues and was slightly shocked at how over-the-top and even absurd some aspects of it were. Trying hard to grab attention as a new show, too many very eccentric characters introduced at once? It was definitely not like that later on whenever I first got hooked on it. I watched the second episode and it was heading in a more balanced direction, although the street gangs were tinged in the Warriors type shtick. Needed a lot more real New York input probably... I think the use of police helicopters in the first episode liquor store stand-off was very L.A. but came off as ridiculous and utterly pointless here. Fort Apache The Bronx was a theater release around this same time and I wonder how it would compare?

Just finished series seven of London's Burning, a late '80s-'90s London Weekend production. It varies in story quality, sometimes too soapish (with one shrieking harridan woman/wife character too many, especially in that seventh season). There was a writer Anita Bronson who authored great episodes and continuity that kept you involved and after she leaves it is just not the same show, but the stunt and effects work is always absolutely top notch. Not going past this series though unfortunately, kind of the same story as with Heartbeat, seven is enough.

16. mr. steak

mr. steak Forum Resident

Prime now has all seasons of Barney Miller and NewsRadio. Yay!!

JJFlash and MikeInFla like this.
  17. Saintbert

Saintbert Forum Resident

Edge of Darkness, the 1985 BBC miniseries... again. It gets better with time because of how it captures its own era, with the right amount of style, intrigue and the bizarre. You know the series made an impression when every side character looks like an old friend to you (the casting is impeccable). But it's only with repeated watching that I've caught onto many themes that now seem so obvious. Intimacy and bonding, for example.

[​IMG]

18. ognirats

ognirats haruhist

How old should it be to be considered old

19. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Been a long time since I have seen Barney Miller. Will need to check it out. It's been so long that I remember nothing about the show.

20. Hanglow

Hanglow Forum Resident

Depends on what demographic you're asking :shh::magoo::tsk:
    :righton:

Yeah,I seemed to never tire of it...was a great show...I do favor the first few seasons though with Chano,Fish and Nick
    and Wentworth:winkgrin:

ognirats likes this.
  21. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

Season 3 Episode 11. Just sayin'.

22. a customer

a customer Forum Resident

Murder she wrote
    Never watched it before.
    Every character from the rockford files
    Seems to appear in it.(more than once)
    I like the way the criminal always confesses to jessica with the cop always within hearing range.

23. Scowl

Scowl Forum Resident

I'm almost finished with season nine of Dallas. This of course was the infamous 31 episode season that to be declared "Pam's dream" to bring Patrick Duffy back the next season. The funny thing is that in many ways it really does seem like a season of plots that Pam would dream of...
    [SPOILERS FOLLOW]
    ...her not-Bobby dream guy Mark Graison and his 70's mustache returns in perfect health after having incurable T.V. cancer (the kind that has no symptoms) and is now in T.V. remission (which means he's totally cured of incurable cancer), she gets to run part of Ewing Oil and impress everyone with her business skills (!) and drive J.R. nuts while others are outsmarting him, Jenna Wade (her rival for Bobby) loses her mind, and she goes on a trip to Colombia which brings almost everyone in the cast searching for her (and in one case brawling over her!) when she's kidnapped. It seems like most of the plots were about Pam or involved her in some way.

24. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

Still on Hill Street Blues, it definitely took a major turn away from silliness about two thirds into season one... about where Betty Thomas goes outside on patrol and has Ed Marinaro for a partner! I don't think I ever saw much of season one back then unlike St. Elsewhere which I remember watching from the very start.

4_everyman likes this.
  25. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Longmire, I guess that's old now.

MikeInFla likes this.