What old TV shows have you been watching lately?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by James Slattery, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Ken E.

Ken E. Senior Member

The Twilight Zone TOS. Just started season two. It’s neat to go back in time to when a TV series premiered in early September and ran 36 episodes in one season. It’s on Paramount Plus if you’re interested.

MikeInFla likes this.
  2. guitargal

guitargal Forum Resident

Rerun of Law & Order SVU

Episode where Rafael Barba tells Olivia he "knows what unconditional love is " ( while pointedly looking at her .) That was a beguiling teaser, but as far as I know, they never followed up on it in the show. Too bad. She always turned Rafi down, even for drink, but I think she should have given him a chance. I've mentioned this before, but I would have much preferred Rafael and Olivia giving it a go rather than having to endure watching a Benson- Stabler hookup.

Sigh. Seems no one involved in this show wants to give a listen to guitargal' s romantic advice for the lovelorn.

MikeInFla likes this.
  3. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Just started watching Remington Steele. Pretty solid first few episodes.

4. Uglyversal

Uglyversal Forum Resident

I didn't realize some of the Honor Blackman episodes were remade with Emma, I particularly like the one you've mentioned. I bought the DVD set of the first -I think- HB series but after about 3 or 4 episodes I gave up, I thought they were unwatchable, not just the image but the sound of some episodes was even worse than the image. In the unlikely event they get release with better quality I will try to revisit those.

John B Good likes this.
  5. StingRay5

StingRay5 Important Impresario

I watched the Blackman episodes on Amazon Prime. They seemed quite acceptable to me, but they are kinescopes and that's all they'll ever be.

6. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

I just started S1.

Ken E. likes this.
  7. geetar_await

geetar_await I heart Linux.

Once in a while, I'll watch the old Saturday afternoon Westerns (Wagon Train, Rawhide, etc). Great stuff.

shokhead likes this.
  8. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

For anyone interested, Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C. Complete Series is coming to Blu-ray Feb. 13th. Well, golly!

MerseyBeatle likes this.
  9. a customer

a customer Forum Resident

I use to watch the show . These days
    I can't stand his voice and Sgt Carter's constant yelling. It's hard to believe that show was such a big hit .

10. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident

Rewatching The West Wing in sequence. Not only a great all around show, but eerily relevant today, even if some of the political orientations are inverted in some situations.

shokhead likes this.
  11. Vahan

Vahan Forum Resident

What do you mean by "in sequence"? With maybe four exceptions, every episode was broadcast in filming order.

12. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

The best Danger Man/Secret Agent Man episodes were the last couple in colour and set in Japan! To me those are a prequel to The Prisoner.

I should pull out The Strange Report and Doomwatch sets and dip back into those...

Chemguy likes this.
  13. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I think a lot of "Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.'s" success came by association, being a spin-off of "The Andy Griffith Show".

"Gomer Pyle" is alright, but they never should have spun him off into his own series-He was so much better as a guest/secondary character on "Andy Griffith".

14. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident

Maybe I was late to the party when it was broadcast. Jeebus. Seriously?

15. Vahan

Vahan Forum Resident

It was just a clarification. Sorry, I didn't consider that.

Atmospheric likes this.
  16. Onkster515

Onkster515 Forum Resident

We were down with the flu, and saw a lot ofSix Feet Under, Hitchcock, and Antques Roadshow.

intv7 and shokhead like this.
  17. davebush

davebush New Test Leper

I've been re-watching Carnivale this month. Final episode tonight.

18. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chemguy and Gaslight like this.
  19. Richard Austen

Richard Austen Forum Resident

20. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Adam-12 on FETV

MikeInFla likes this.
  21. DamnDirtyApe

DamnDirtyApe Forum Resident

I have them all on disc, and I'm about to do my annual series rewatch of both that show and Outer Limits that I do every Christmas.

I put em on and have them playing in the background while I do work on the computer or play games etc.

MikeInFla likes this.
  22. Matt Richardson

Matt Richardson Forum Resident

I’ve been watching it too.

When it originally aired I was a young teen and I thought it was boring. Now I’m in my late fifties and the low-key humor appeals to me.

MikeInFla likes this.
  23. X-Files, Babylon 5, Nowhere Man

24. I actually bought the blu ray for all the extras. $35 in an Amazon sale.

Ken E. and Gaslight like this.
  25. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

Dangerman I'm only on the first disk but am thoroughly enjoying it. Very crisp and enjoyable plots, and good looking.

Number 6 talks so much like John Drake, and one episode of Danger Man uses Portmeiron for a backdrop!

BTW, there was recently a discussion of Paul Newman here and at many times In Dangerman McGoohan looks like Newman when he turns his head certain ways.

Chemguy and StingRay5 like this.