What percentage of music that you listened to in high school do you still listen to?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Terrapin Station, Jan 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILovethebassclarinet

ILovethebassclarinet Forum Resident

When I was in high school, most of what little (lunch) money I had went into buying cut-outs; there were lots of OTHER great things that I wanted to buy, but couldn't afford, and I wasn't willing to 'grab 'em by the armful and make a mad dash for the doors.'

2. citizensmurf

citizensmurf Ambient postpunk will never die

I said 40, but that's a guess. It's not that I don't like the music I used to listen to, it's that I've discovered so many more artists since then (25 years) that outweigh the bands I used to listen to. But I still break some "oldies" out here and there.

Most of the old stuff I still listen to was discovered right after high school, when I moved to the city and had access to record stores and live venues, but still.

Examples:

Pixies - I still listen to often
    Nirvana - Almost never
    Skinny Puppy - All the time
    NIN - Never, in fact I sold it all

Soundslave likes this.
  3. Jkozy

Jkozy Alternative 80’s fan

80% of what I used to listen to in HS, but I’ve gone back o 1984-1987 to find more music from those years that I didn’t know about and really enjoy it!

citizensmurf likes this.
  4. Soundslave

Soundslave Forum Resident

I guess 40% because my tastes kinda settled and evolved right after the school.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.