What reasonable amp with Kef ls50s?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Ed the Dog, Feb 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donivey

Donivey Forum Resident

Recently I switched out the Nuforce for a Ncore class D amp with the Kef LS-50's, and it is an improvement. Better bass, cleaner sound, and much quieter.

GoldprintAudio likes this.
  2. IRG

IRG Forum Resident

Slightly off topic, but how do the Dynaudios Excite 14 compare to the LS50's? Upgrade or lateral move? Both a bit power hungry, the LS50 might be worse in this aspect, but I'd be upgrading my amp at some point too. Just curious about the Kef's. My room is small, and I currently have my Dynaudios 6 feet apart from each other, and to my listening position. And I have a sub, although will upgrade that too for something small but higher quality.

3. Would you happen to have links for completed Ncore amps?

4. UltraDNS

UltraDNS Staying in Seattle?

I know the Yamaha AS801 will work with them. That is what I paired with my LS50's before jumping to the AS2100. Good luck and enjoy those speakers.

5. Swann36

Swann36 A widower finding solace in music

I primarily drive my LS50s with Cyrus MonoX amps these are rated at 150W/8ohm continous, 40A pk with 1500w burst power and make the Kefs sing in my room ... these days certainly in the UK these can go for as low as £200 so perhaps could be an option ..i use a Cyrus Pre X as the front end for them .. out of a Benchmark Dac1 HDR as you can see all "old gear" but still great stuff and i don't find the Kefs too bright matched with the Cyrus as some would perhaps expect

UltraDNS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.