What song did you pick for your first dance at your wedding?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fjhuerta, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member Thread Starter

I'm facing this situation...

So far, no clear winners have emerged. There is a beautiful piece by David Gilmour my fiancée and I love, though. It's called "Smile", and it's only included on DG's "In Concert" DVD. It's not set in stone, though.

What about you? What song did you pick?

2. vinnie

vinnie Senior Member

We chose "Let It Be Me" by the Everly Brothers.

3. ratskrad

ratskrad Senior Member

Sugar Mountain - Neil Young

4. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

"Thats How Strong My Love Is" - Otis Redding

Good Luck!!

5. Brian Cruz

Brian Cruz Forum Resident

"I Only Have Eyes For You"-Flamingos:cheers:

6. stever

stever Senior Member

"Like A Rose," by Lucinda Williams.

7. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

Chicago's "You're The Inspiration," and she still is.

8. Damián

Damián Forum Hall Of Fame

(NOT kidding) I've fantasized several times about dancing to The Cure's 'A Funeral Party' at a/my wedding. I know, I know, .. it's just that it has that ballroom thing going on..

But then, I'd have made the bride/groom entries to The Cure's 'Siamese Twins' as well (gives me the chills every time), so I guess I'm not the most appropriate person to ask :sigh:.

9. Guy R

Guy R Well-Known Member

"Colour My World" by Chicago. It's a perfect slow dance song with the right words. It was either that or "The Bitch Is Back".:)

10. Irwin Mainway

Irwin Mainway Senior Member

"God Only Knows" by The Beach Boys

11. Guy R

Guy R Well-Known Member

Anything from Pet Sounds is good, especially those doggy howls at the end. ;)

12. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

I convinced my bride to have "Let's Stay Together" by Al Green instead of The Police's "Every Breath You Take" - I thought the sentiment may've been too creepy.
    And I guess it worked because we're still together after almost 17 years!:)

13. Guy R

Guy R Well-Known Member

I guess the "I'll be watching you" thing kind of added a stalker bridegroom thing to it.

14. BZync

BZync Senior Member

Sinatra! "The way you look tonight". Didn't think "The Lady is a Tramp" would fly.

-BZync

15. ksmitty

ksmitty Senior Member

It Was "Grover Washington Jr.s "Just The Two Of Us". And then immediately
    afterwards The Carpenters "We've Only Just Begun" which my wife loves.

16. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I'm getting married in October, and we have chosen "How Deep Is Your Love?" by Bee Gees. It is a significant song for us.

17. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

"They're Coming to Take Me Away (Ha-Ha)"

18. Great choice. That was one my early pics back in the mid/late 1970s while I was still a teen.
    Good for you. I read an interview with Sting in the mid 1980s. He was not amused that people were using "Every Breath You Take" for their wedding dance. Sting wrote the song about his ex-wife and the thought of stocking her. Not a love song by any stretch of the imagination.

The ex and I used Nat King Cole - "Fascination". IIRC, it was the Mono mix. :D We had a the song choreographed by a ballroom dance instructor that we took lessons from. It turned out beautiful. For the second song we used Etta James - "At Last".

True story. At a friend of mine's wedding he and his wife used Joy Division - "Love Will Tear Us Apart". :laugh: Some of the old folks at the wedding reception were not amused.

19. Evan

Evan Senior Member

Well, I wanted Helter Skelter, but the DJ didn't have it. :( :mad:

I had to settle for Spandau Ballet's "True" :cool:

20. Kidnero

Kidnero New Member

Traditionally do we play a waltz for the first dance in Sweden, so we did choose our favourite, "Vals på Mysingen" with music and lyrics by the Swedish National poet Evert Taube and sung by his his son Sven-Bertil.

Ask any one in Sweden, from the age 7 up to 100+ if they know who Evert Taube is, and they will just look at you, as you were an idiot. To know about Evert Taube and his songs is just as natural as breathing for a Swede.

This was for my second wedding. My first has for some reason, ;), completly slipped out of my mind.

21. Beatle Terr

Beatle Terr Super Senior SH Forum Member Musician & Guitarist

YIKES, I will have to ask my wife. We had a band that I hired as they were all friends of mine. These guys were such a good GB type of band, that they were ready to play anything back in 1978.

I am stumped though, I really don't remember requesting a certain song though.

Boy that's a cool question too as a thread subject.:thumbsup:

22. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Unchained Melody....second song was Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton.....it was a compromise......I wanted the EC one first!

23. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

...or a stalker bride:D

24. cliff barua

cliff barua New Member

Mine was "Knocks Me Off My Feet" by Stevie Wonder (from Songs In The Key Of Life).

Cliff

25. Tristan

Tristan Member

"You do Something to Me" the Shinehead O'Conner version, although I would've opted for a more classic singer....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.