Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by LeeS, Dec 4, 2020.
What stereo component(s) are you planning to buy in 2021?
Hmmm, wonder if I can make it through January.
Rega Elex-r and some sort of cd transport; Audiolab maybe, Apollo-r perhaps?
I'm putting money on "something"
I’ll need a new stylus. I know that isn’t terribly exciting.
Same here i need a new stylus for my Stanton 681eee and vm540ml. Nothing to big got to save up more money lol.
Mola Mola Amp.
I just ordered a Schiit Vidar and Saga+
At the moment nothing planned. I hope it stays that way................
Parasound A 21+ and Schitt Freya +
... but plans are fluid ......
I don’t have any active plans, but if I did it would be in this order:
1) Phono preamp-I love my little Lounge Audio LCR MKIII, but I upped my turntable game about two years ago to a VPI Prime w/ Dynavector 20X2. Not sure what I’d move to though, maybe the Manley Chinook.
2) DAC-I have the Marantz HD-DAC1. I really like the sound, but have never been able to get rid of the audible mechanical relay clicking sound when it is idle. It drives me crazy. Not sure what to replace it with.
3) I would love to replace my beloved 40 year old Cornwalls with some brand new ones.
I'm hoping to upgrade my speakers to a much bigger pair. Not sure which ones yet. Maybe a giant pair of Westlake BBSM's...
I would like to get a Naim SuperCap DR (plus cables) for my SuperLine, but I don't see that happening. I retire in 2022 (mst likely) so if I don't get it it in 2021 I'm likely to live without. Otherwise, there isn't any new gear I need or want.
Hoping to find a deal on some used speakers, been eyeballing the JBL 4429.
No definite plans but the following have been swirling around in my always restless audio head and could easily get up one morning after the holidays are over and pull the trigger on one or more:
1. A new cartridge - thinking Ortofon Cadenza Bronze / Kiseki Purple Heart / Miyajima Shilabe / Dynavector Dv Xx-2
2. A new DAC - Topping D90 or SMSL M400?
3. If my speaker builder tells me he's ready, maybe updated drivers for my speakers.
I am looking at a new VPI table or maybe some dCS gear.
Nothing definite, but possibly a subwoofer.
Considering a Technics 1200G or GR... and the JBL L100 Classics are always calling my name. I love my Forte III's so much though that the itch typically subsides.
I've got my eye on a couple pieces of Schiit. Time to up my headphone game a bit.
May 2021 gift you a pile of Schiit.
Turntable. I'm leaning toward either Rega P6 or Technics SL-1200GR, and going nuts reading all the posts here comparing those two. There'll be a cartridge too, of course, just to add some complexity to the decision.
Technics SL1210GR and more than likely a Denon 301 MKII or Denon 103R to add to my new Yammie AS2200/Klipsch RB 5 system.
I always have my eye on Shiit. I have two Rottweilers and they are productive.
Separate names with a comma.