What stereo gear are you planning to purchase in 2021?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by LeeS, Dec 4, 2020.

1. TheIncredibleHoke

TheIncredibleHoke Dachshund Dog Dad

Would love to find a Brooklyn Bridge used somewhere.

I think my vinyl to digital usage is probably 90/95% vinyl and 5/10% digital, so I’m happy with my minimal investment, but am sure Mytek will be lurking in the background of my mind.

avanti1960 and LeeS like this.
  2. aunitedlemon

aunitedlemon Unity is in the pith.

After buying a Graham Slee Reflex M to replace my Era Gold V a couple of weeks ago, I agreed to an audio spending moratorium with the Mrs. I decided to make it count with the purchase of a Yamaha A-S3200 to replace my A-S801. The Mrs. knows best though, again. Considering I also recently acquired some new speakers, it's time for me to just enjoy the music and not the next "better" piece of gear.
    [​IMG]

Hardcore, Reever, Glmoneydawg and 6 others like this.
  3. TEA FOR ONE

TEA FOR ONE Listening to the world one note at a time

Ok, I didn’t stick to the script. I just picked up a lightly used First Watt J2. I just couldn’t resist. To my ears,it lives up to all the praise it has received.

4. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

A sub can definitely help some system's.
    I added one to the garage system, not that it needed it as it sounded great but it is a big room and two way speakers so I gave a friends sub that was for sale a try. I knew within minutes it wasn't going back. Looking for a second one.
    [​IMG]

5. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Just bought a new pair of speakers. Nothing in the range of what you guys get, but I'm skating on a budget.

6 months ago I bought some Q Acoustic 3030i's. Damn, I love them. Really very nice for the price (which in audiophile terms doesn't even qualify as peanuts). Still, they have floorstanders, and surely they're worth a look? So one look later, and I have a pair of Q Acoustics Concept 40's arriving tomorrow. Let the fun begin.

woodpigeon, matro5 and timind like this.
  6. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan Thread Starter

Cool garage system!

Tim 2 and MikeJedi like this.
  7. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Perfect Sound Through Crystal Clear Digital

With Goodwill in the picture, I honestly don't know what will be purchased in 2021, especially when faced with 96% off List Price. It's always an unexpected pleasure to stop by the local Goodwill store and come away with a $100.00 set of Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones for $3.99, in new condition with both size plugs, it's just so nice to "find a find" Long live the Goodwill! :righton:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. G E

G E Senior Member

done for the year after I tapped out for my new preamp

Dignan2000, LeeS and MikeJedi like this.
  9. Litejazz53

Another bargain bonanza find ! I have always wanted some sort of AC protection. Always admired the PS Audio products such as the Power Plant 12, 15 or 20 from a very far distance! Well, I'm not keeping up with that crowd, but I was excited to find a nice mint Monster HTS 1600 for a whopping $39.00 at McKay's used records and books, what a deal and fits right in the mix perfectly, another great little find for the budget audio person, that's me! I'm not regenerating any power here, but at least I know what is coming out of my wall, hopefully it filters some bad bugs out and will protect in some way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

avanti1960, DPM, Morbius and 2 others like this.
  10. Andy Saunders

Andy Saunders Always a pleasure never a chore

Just ordered 3 more JJ Electronic E83CC Frame Grid valves for The Art Audio Vinyl One phono stage.:shrug:

11. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Monster is good stuff. I am still using my HTS2600 and 3600 mkii for years and years in my A/V system (Yammie AV preamp/Parasound A52/Def Tech system and has worked with no issues. These are excellent units ! ) :)

12. No Static

No Static Gain Rider

Speakers: Magnepan 1.7i

I've been using a pair of Vienna Acoustic Beethoven Concert Grands for the past thirteen months and, as good as they sound, I think I'm missing my older Maggies the VAs replaced. And once I get that notion in my mind...well...it has been a whole year.

The 1.7i is a bargain for what you get and I won't keep them both.
    So there's that.

MikeJedi likes this.
  13. scottc1963

scottc1963 Forum Resident

Blusound Node 2I

TEA FOR ONE likes this.
  14. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

My Uncle swears by his 1.7i’s!! He’s using a nice Bryston 4B SST amp with his and loves it with his Luxman CL35 mkii Pre :)

No Static likes this.
  15. Litejazz53

Mike, thanks for posting, I had no idea and still have no idea how much protection I am "really" getting? I just saw the piece in the glass and thought it might offer some protection. I have never owned any AC protection before. It does do one thing I like. The Parasound pieces all just stay in a standby mode, and while that is nice, it is a continual power drain, and by inserting this unit, I am able to have them completely off. Now when everything is turned on, it takes a few more seconds for my Parasound JC-2 BP pre-amp to do a self diagnostic before powering up, but that's ok with me!

MikeJedi likes this.
  16. DrGoon

DrGoon Forum Resident

Added a Music Hall Cruise Control 2 to my MMF5. Seemed churlish to only feed the Lintons with two power tubes each, so I ordered a Primaluna Evo 400 integrated.

17. NorthSidePark

NorthSidePark Forum Resident

Headphones, over the ear. Budget around $1000.

18. Litejazz53

Another great McKay's Used Records and Books find, yes, this is a good one. I needed a small receiver, or integrated amp for a small bedroom system, and all it takes is another trip to McKay's.

So, here is what I found today, a DENON AVR-S510BT 5.1 AV receiver. Would have been nice if it had been a simple 2 channel stereo receiver, but McKay's came through again at $67.00!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. scoutbb

scoutbb Senior Member

Hoping to get a Sweet Vinyl SC-1 Mini.

Andy Saunders likes this.
  20. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

another cartridge... not sure which...

Joshua Tree likes this.
  21. malagacoolers

malagacoolers Forum Resident

New speakers! Leaning heavily toward the Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers with RAAL

22. Jcashfan

Jcashfan Forum Resident

Budget Dac next. Schiit, Topping or ??

avanti1960 likes this.
  23. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

This is getting out of hand

[​IMG]

24. Drew769

Drew769 Buyer of s*** I never knew I lacked

2021 quickly got out of hand, and we aren’t even out of March.

I upgraded my cartridge from a VAS Nova Signature Special to a VAS Nova Ultimate Reference.

I upgraded my Kirmuss to a Degritter.

I upgraded my Lampizator Amber 2.2 DAC to an EMM Labs DAC2X. Then I sent that back to EMM for the conversion to their current spec DAC2X V2.

I sent my Modwright PH 9.0 back to MW for their Lundahl output transformer upgrade including fully balanced outputs.

I added an Audioquest Niagara 1200 power conditioner.

I added a couple of AQ balanced interconnects with DBS system.

And now my dealer wants to bring by a pair of Vandersteen HPA 5 monoblocks to audition in my house. That could get expensive.

25. TheGoodDoctor

TheGoodDoctor It used to go something like that

I seem to have upgraded every aspect of my system in 2021:

Amp: Brio to Elex-R
    Turntable: RP3 to P6 with Ania Pro MC
    New phono stage because of the MC
    Headphone amp (Rega, didn’t previously own one)
    Headphones (Grado, didn’t previously have overear cans)
    Cables (that was late 2020]

speakers are next...