What studio owns "The Girl Can't Help It"?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by reechie, Feb 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reechie

reechie Senior Member Thread Starter

Anyone know who owns the movie The Girl Can't Help It? It's one of the main entries on my DVD Want List, and I'd love to fire off a request to the studio to put it out.

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

20th Century Fox..

3. Joel Cairo

Joel Cairo Video Gort / Paiute Warrior Staff

...but the reason it never even made it to laserdisc was that FOX has the widescreen **video** elements, but didn't want to release a disc without the original magnetic **MULTITRACK** soundtrack, which they couldn't locate.

They posted a request for those materials on the 'Net, but evidently no film collectors stepped forward to even offer up a vintage magnetic print, so the whole thing just languished. As far I know, that's where it stands today.

-Kevin

4. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Sad but true. The visual elements are in decent enough shape, but I wish they'd just put out a Dolby Surround version and have done with it. Too many fine rock acts in Technicolor not to! If they can't get the 5.1, no biggie to me...or most of us, I would guess....

ED :ed:

5. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

More to it than that. Several mag 35's floating around; one was even offered. Some legal snag that no one wants to talk about....

6. reechie

So, does that mean this thing won't ever make it to DVD?

7. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

I get to see this film occasionally on cable. As presented, in letterbox, the soundtrack sounds pretty good as is...

Bob :)

8. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

Is the music on the soundtrack in stereo? I'd dig Rock Around the Rockpile in twin guns a blazin' glory!

9. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Mike,

With TV sound on cable, I can rarely tell - too processed!

Bob :eek:

10. reechie

I doubt it. At least some of the songs in the film never had a stereo mix, "Cry Me A River" for example.

11. reechie

I understand this is running on the Fox Movie Channel this Saturday night (March 6) at 8pm for anyone who gets that channel.

Unfortunately, I don't... :sigh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.