What was the last live show you saw, in person? 2020 pandemic edition

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by polchik, Aug 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueTrane

BlueTrane Forum Resident

5/4/19 - Sharon Van Etten - Webster Hall, NYC

DTK likes this.
  2. gillcup

gillcup Senior Member

Tool - 11/24/2019.

Stormrider77 likes this.
  3. josenoruego

josenoruego Forum Resident

02-29-20 Joseph & Deep Sea Diver, Crescent Ballroom, Phoenix, AZ

4. Doctor Worm

Doctor Worm Romans 6:23

Switchfoot in March of 2019

5. steviebee

steviebee Always playing Ese and The Vooduu People

The wonderful Ese and The Vooduu People back in February or March.
    Little did we know then...was booked for an evening with Laurie Anderson but that obviously never happened. Sigh.

6. Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke There you go man, keep as cool as you can

I love it!

SteveFff likes this.
  7. Cool hand luke

Damn that is sobering. :shake: Any idea how many shows he did after that (if that wasn't his last)?

SolitaryMan likes this.
  8. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR

Saw The Darkness that night at The Forum, had tickets for the show on the Tuesday which was obviously cancelled. I traveled into the city by train and was amazed at how few people were about. Needless to say things have gotten even worse and we can't even leave the house after 8pm now :-(

SlimLee likes this.
  9. Marvin

Marvin Senior Member

King Crimson at Radio City last September

10. TakiJones

TakiJones Senior Member

Fab Faux at the Wellmont Theatre in Montclair, NJ

February 29

They played the entire albums of A Hard Day's Night, Revolver and Abbey Road

11. speedracer

speedracer Forum Resident

Ladytron - December 2019. Never heard of them, review mentioned Brian Eno loved them, so on his recommend I went on a blind show - absolutely loved the sound, beautiful lightshow, imagery, multimedia blitz. Best surprise unknown band I ever chanced upon.

ad180 likes this.
  12. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

Phil Anselmo-Ministry-Primus-Slayer

Left 7 songs into Slayer's set, worst sound of any act that night and the worst sound I've had the displeasure of ever hearing at a show. Bummer. Crowd was horrible as well - was sick of fighting for me life for most of Primus' set.

It's one thing if you knowingly go in the mosh pit.

It's another thing when you and others are peacefully standing and watching the show and drunk idiots won't stop slamming/rushing the stage crushing everyone to where they can't breathe.

Eff that.

Phil was great, Ministry were incredible, and what I could enjoy of Primus while fighting for my next breathe was terrific. I'd absolutely go see all 3 of those acts again in an instant.

Felt bad that I left early but man I was so done by the time Slayer came on.

RunningWithScissors likes this.
  13. doc021

doc021 Forum Resident

Beatles tribute band Rain at Hershey Theater on March 12th. Took my 12 year old son to his first “concert” as he is a big Beatles fan. It was the last live show in the Harrisburg/Central Pennsylvania area as the state shutdown everything the next day.

14. Cool hand luke

Brian Wilson with Al, Blondie, and that incredible band, 2nd row. Lynn, Massachusetts January 20

15. RadiophonicSound

RadiophonicSound Electrosonic

They Might Be Giants at the Majestic in Detroit, about five or six days before lockdown was imposed. I had tickets for Ben Watt, Dead Can Dance, and King Crimson which were pushed back to next year, assuming they even happen then.

16. thnkgreen

thnkgreen Sprezzatura!

July 23, 2013 - Tedeschi Trucks/Black Crowes, Raleigh, NC. I have been to many concerts, but after that one I have no desire to go to another. I cannot stand the crowds. At that show, I literally had some dude walk up to me and my wife (who had seats) and ask, “do you mind if I stand here?”. Obviously the guy didn’t have a ticket. I let him slide for maybe one song before getting a security person. My wife and I have this running joke that in a crowd of people, I’m the one things like this will always happen to. I once sat in a completely empty restaurant and the next lady that came in picked a table super close to me and was talking loud as could be. That kind of thing. My Mom says I have a ‘magnetism’. Whatever it is, I don’t like it, but have learned to live with it and expect it.

RunningWithScissors likes this.
  17. davmar77

davmar77 I'd rather be drummin'...

Last show I saw was in late January. richard thompson solo at the egg in Albany ny. Our favorite artist at our favorite venue.

18. Dunedin

Dunedin Forum Resident

Bob Dylan at The Beacon NYC, 241 days ago

19. ARK

ARK Forum Miscreant

Widespread Panic
    Beacon Theatre
    New Your City
    March 1, 2020

While I certainly don’t hope this is the last concert I ever see, if it turns out to be due to a Long drawn out pandemic, I can live with that. Many many worse show to go out on.

20. ScaryMercedes

ScaryMercedes Forum Residents

I saw a northern Virginia freeform/industrial group called acidmtravenrock at Crooked Run in Leesburg, on March 6, 2020. Amazing, hypnotic noisy stuff. The place was packed. Less than a week later, we were sheltering in place.

My last "big" show before that was David Byrne at the Hudson Theatre on February 15, for what turned out to be one of the last nights of "American Utopia" (or, well, anything) on Broadway.

I miss shows.

21. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Lydia Loveless 3/13/20

I probably shouldn’t have gone out, things were getting serious then!

22. Kassonica

Kassonica Forum Resident

the last one I remember was when I mixed legendary australian punk band The hard ons....

sigh, they were the days :(

23. majorlance

majorlance Forum Resident

24. John C Bradley Jr

John C Bradley Jr Forum Resident

I saw three shows fairly close together last fall - Wilco at Chastain Park in Atlanta (with Soccer Mommy), the David Byrne "American Utopia" show in New York in early October, and then Wilco again in late October in Louisville at the beautiful Palace Theater. The American Utopia show was one of the best shows I have ever seen in my life - top 5 without a doubt. So, so good.

The Wilco show, which was the last, was an unexpected treat - I had to travel to Southern Indiana for work and had realized that Wilco was playing in Louisville. So I arranged my trip so I could fly in and out of Louisville and drive up to Evansville. It was a great day - it snowed the night before I arrived and then on and off the day I arrived. Nothing but white for my drive. Got back in Louisville the day of the show, had dinner at a great local brewery and then drove to the show. Sat up on the balcony. My seats were towards the back but the balcony was only about 3/4 filled so I could move down a little.

My wife and I sort of play the "last time we did this" game, the depressing nature of it is tempered by the hope that we will be doing some it again, but I think about this show a ton. It was just a show like any other show. Did the things I always do at a show. Had a couple of beers, bought a poster after the show. Normal stuff.

When the pandemic shut everything down, I had tickets for a Band of Horses show in late March, Dark Star Orchestra here in town in April, Tame Impala and Vampire Weekend in June. The only reason I had not bought Wilco tickets to see them in Asheville in the fall was my slackness. But that was another show we were planning to see. No idea that all of these would fall away and that the Wilco show would be the last for a while.

I really miss shows as well.

25. vivatones

vivatones Forum Resident

Kansas - February 29, 2020

mrz80 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.