What would Kurt Cobain have done had he lived?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chrome_Head, Feb 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

Who is to say that the same couldn't have happened to Kurt had he lived? Kurt only made a few albums. Billy only made a few albums until his best work was mostly over and done with.

2. floweringtoilet

floweringtoilet Forum Resident

His first Great American Songbook standards album would be coming out next month. Some of the songs featured: "Skylark," "Autumn Leaves," "September Song," "Someone to Watch Over Me," "Don't Get Around Much Anymore," "Why Was I Born?," and "One For My Baby" (duet with Frances Bean).

illwind64, Sordel, Fullbug and 2 others like this.
  3. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

Honestly, when you watch documentaries on KC... it is sad. He was literally surrounded by a bunch of heroin junkies. Some of them seemed to at least threaten violence.

He might have had a chance...but he would have had to bail out on Seattle and gotten himself as far away from Courtney Love as possible. Courtney loves to litigate...so he would have lost a lot of money in a divorce...

I loved his music and his lyrics... I think he had the talent to be creative for the rest of his life...if he wanted to.

Heroin abuse stole whole generation of rock in roll. imo

Jack Lord likes this.
  4. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

If he had lived, he would have died.
    It was in his genetic makeup.

5. GimmieSomeTruth

GimmieSomeTruth Well-Known Member

If Kurt hadn't been murdered i think he would of done another Nirvana record then probably went solo. He wanted to emulate The Beatles as he said "going from I Want To Hold Your Hand to Sgt. Peppers"... also we would have been spared from Dave Grohl

Michael and No Bull like this.
  6. ndoheny

ndoheny Forum Resident

He would of embraced electronic music. I think he would put out some ambient type Eno albums. He would of taken a stab at scoring a movie a la Johnny Greenwood. I could see him doing a alt-country/outlaw country album. He has the voice to be a Steve Earle type. Ultimately I think his music would of gotten weirder but he never would of gone backwards. In other words he would not have been Corgan, clinging to the past and constantly putting out different lineups of Nirvana. Nirvana would do a reunion tour and most likely headlined Coachella at some point but he wouldn't keep that flame alive for long. I know he would be thrilled at seeing where female rock artists have ended up since 1994. He would be championing all these strong female voices we have now.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  7. 905

905 Senior Member

Low key acoustic album, and also release some blues covers, electronic music, weird music, spooky music, also write a great song for Monkees Good Times like Noel Gallagher and Paul Weller.

8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

good point...

9. Michael

how does one come to that conclusion?

10. GimmieSomeTruth

Well Kurt was already working on the next Nirvana album before he died. And the quote about The Beatles was from an interview he did about a month or so before his death. Had he still lived i doubt Grohl could of stepped out of Kurt's shadow

Michael likes this.
  11. Michael

or he just decided to check out which seems the most logical...it's rarely planned usually spur of the moment...

12. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

:laugh:

13. GimmieSomeTruth

Oh ok you were referring to my comment on his murder*. Yes i do believe he was murdered in spite of the official narrative. There is more than enough to cast doubt on the events. By all testimonies of friends and musician associates, private investigator, the last few months of his life Kurt was clean and working towards the future. Wanted to raise his daughter, divorce Courtney and was already writing music for a new album. His last few interviews were insightful and he seemed in a good place. That whole almost O.D. in Rome story was put out by Courtney, Kurt said it wasn't the truth. There's a lot more to it but i don't wish for the thread to go down that rabbit whole, it's just what I believe.. Either way Nirvana>Phoo Fighters

14. JM Jones

JM Jones Forum Resident

Broadway musicals...

15. samthesham

samthesham Forum Resident

Blow his brains out again & leave his daughter fatherless

JayDeeEss likes this.
  16. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

Rehab gets the last laugh on that one.

Oooh, dark. :righton:

I think that had Kurt Cobain lived he'd pretty much be Jack White.

TheMovieRad likes this.
  17. Kossoff is God

Kossoff is God Forum Resident

He would of eventually been murdered by Courtney Love.... wait a minute!

18. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

Just saw this video of chad channing still alive and kickin'

StateOfTheArt and Chrome_Head like this.
  19. Joshua Hudson

Joshua Hudson Forum Resident

Fulfilled the promise of his t-shirts, and toured with Flipper and Daniel Johnston.

Actually...sometimes, things work out for the best.

20. StateOfTheArt

StateOfTheArt Beatle Know-it-all

He's the coolest dude. Hell of a nice guy that Chad. Very good drummer - but **** - when you go head to head with Dave Grohl. It's unfair. Freak occurrence.

pinkrudy and midniteinsanjuan like this.
  21. illwind64

illwind64 Forum Resident

If Kurt was alive today he'd be dead (old joke)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.