whatever happened to michael j pollard?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by frimleygreener, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frimleygreener

frimleygreener "It 'a'int why...it just is" Thread Starter

did he upset someone? seemed for a while he was at the top of the tree for "quirky" roles and then no more...is there a story as to why?

2. PROG U.K.

PROG U.K. Audiophile-Anglophile

Don't know what happened to him. Great actor.

However, his daughter is a family friend and I can try to get some information.

3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Pollard's been in more than 50 movies and more than 50 TV episodes, so he worked a lot from about 1960 to 2000. Pollard definitely slowed down in the last ten years, but he does have a new indie film coming out next year, Sunburnt Angels, so at least he's still working. No clue as to his personal life or situation.

Terrific actor, one of the weirdest, quirkiest guys ever. Anybody remember him in Star Trek's "Miri" episode? "Bonk bonk on the head!" Classic.

4. Michelle66

Michelle66 Senior Member

He was close to 30 when he did the Star Trek episode - even though he was supposed to be a boy in his young teens.

I also remember him from an episode of Lost In Space (he lives a weird space mirror that traps Penny & Dr. Smith).

Michael J. Fox must also like Michael J. Pollard as he borrowed the J as an homage.

5. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

He was a guest at a Chiller Theatre convention here in New Jersey a few years ago and I had him sign a picture from Bonnie & Clyde.

6. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

7. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

He also borrowed his height and his first name.

Love him in Between the Lines - a great movie with a great cast and great music.

8. Ramon

Ramon New Member

Amazing that he played Hugo, the clean cut boyfriend, in the original Broadway production of Bye, Bye Birdie.... and Dick Gautier (Hymie the Robot on Get Smart) played Conrad Birdie!

9. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan

I'll always think of him as Cousin Virgil on The Andy Griffith Show...

10. stumpy

stumpy Forum Resident

The last thing I remember him doing was Melvin & Howard years ago. Looks like he does steady work on the IMDb list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.