What's better than "Curb Your Enthusiasm"?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by mdp7751, Jul 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdp7751

mdp7751 New Member Thread Starter

I think Larry David has cemented his legacy as possibly the most creative entertainment-television-mind in history. His only possible competition comes from Carl Reiner, James L. Brooks, and Norman Lear--unless I'm forgetting someone (which I probably am--hence this thread).

I know I'd like to have Seinfeld and Curb on my resume. Brilliant.

2. bldg blok

bldg blok Forum Resident

I love the show myself. It's one of the reasons I keep HBO and since CYE is on that premium channel, it's great to see the things they can do there that they can't do on network TV.

3. mdp7751

mdp7751 New Member Thread Starter

HBO is the best network for original progamming on TV. Check out "The Wire" sometime if you haven't already. Gritty, intelligent, great.

4. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

"Curb" will be a MUST buy when it eventually comes out on dvd.

The series is brilliant. Now we know why Seinfeld was the best sitcom of the 90's.

5. Matt

Matt New Member

Don't forget his short tenure on SNL, even if it lasted less than one season and almost nothing he did made it on TV (one sketch according to David, though Billy Crystal says that David forgot he helped him create the Jewish weatherman bit).

Some stuff that wasn't "good" enough for SNL made it to Seinfeld, and one real life event made it to the show, too: just as George quit his job and tried to go back as nothing happened, David pulled the same thing at SNL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.