1. This day in history: January 12, 2002. 9:49 AM, California time. The Steve Hoffman Music Forums officially launched with this thread. Thank you for 20 years of music, discussion, and great memories! Join our "Thank You!" thread, and we'll see you in the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

What's Going On At Schiit Audio?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by parman, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Acapella48

Acapella48 Forum Resident

I've already demonstrated Schiit Audio customer service responsiveness within the past 2 hours. Received an automated response in less than 20 seconds; a response from a customer service rep within 20 minutes and a third response from another company rep within 10 minutes of the previous one. And I don't even have a product or order issue that needs to be resolved

adamos and Stone Turntable like this.
  2. adamos

adamos Forum Resident

I’ve ordered five products from them in the last few years and never had any issues with their customer service either. And in the handful of times I’ve contacted them about something they were helpful and responsive.

Stone Turntable and ssmith3046 like this.
  3. HIRES_FAN

HIRES_FAN Forum Resident

That's Shaloppaloop…sorry to hear....

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2022
  4. DPC

DPC Forum Resident

Schiit has been great for me…I have have three POS’s myself.
    Looking forward to the Tyr’s and Urd, hopefully in 2022.

5. Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk Forum Resident

I have a few components from Schiit and I'm happy with them. However, I didn't have a good experience at their retail store in October. I wrote to them about it and said I'd be happy to discuss it with them. I never heard back from them, apart from getting the automatic response.

6. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

I can't speak to this company's particular situation, but I will tell you I deal with a lot of vendors just for personal stuff in my life. And for the most part, service has never been worse-- whether it is Covid, supply chain, or using that as an excuse to cut staff (or they can't hire good people), the reality is-- the support and service you expect just isn't there.
    I remember years ago, when Citibank went from retail banking to "who cares" about individual accounts. Let's commoditize small countries instead.
    I used to get amazing service-- foreign currency hand-delivered with a phone call. Now, try and find a banker to return your call. Ditto Amex when I had the big card. But it declined in perks over the years to the point where I just downgraded to a lesser card b/c the service wasn't there.
    I'm sure in the "bespoke" world you can still get personal service. You'll pay for it, sometimes dearly (by any reasonable measure), but I suspect if you called about buying or even getting time to use a Gulfstream on a time share, you'd get pretty good service.
    I have a vintage toilet. Like one of those old high tanks that disappeared in the middle of the 20th century. I maintain it because I like it and there's an outfit in California that supplies and may be the actual manufacturer of some of the parts for these things. I call that guy-- he's there. Power outage- no problem- he'll write up a manual order and make sure it goes out the door on time. Been in business 45 years.
    Ditto another outfit that repairs vintage lighters, like Duponts. Call Dupont and you get jammed- these guys will rebuild your lighter and turn it around in a couple weeks. Another one of those small businesses that has managed to hang on despite huge change.
    Not railing against the rich but am bitching a little about the big corporate mentality. In reality they don't give a ****. I don't know if Schitt falls into that category but at a certain point, when things become very corporate, they start to really suck.
    Respectfully,

7. Richard Austen

Richard Austen Forum Resident

Talk to people? WTF - that is the whole point of shopping online so you never have to talk to people ever again. If the guy wanted to talk to people who wougo to a dealer. :biglaugh:

Neil S. Bulk and Rolltide like this.
  8. Night Version

Night Version Forum Resident

Nothing but positive experiences with Schiit.

ssmith3046 likes this.
  9. Automatic Changer

Automatic Changer Well-Known Member

Same. Have placed several orders with them and their packing/despatch speed has always been fantastic, as has their responses to any general queries.

ssmith3046 likes this.
  10. molinari

molinari Forum Resident

I've ordered a few things over the past few years. I just received a Valhalla - it took the usual week or so to come out East from CA. They forgot to pack the stick-on feet - I emailed them and they got back to me a day later to notify that the feet were shipping out that day. I had questions about the other orders, had to do an exchange with one item, and never had any problems/delays - I like dealing with them.

ssmith3046 and gabbleratchet7 like this.
  11. Acapella48

Acapella48 Forum Resident

Calling is always an option with Schiit and depending on the situation, they will ask you to call them to discuss your particular issue. As someone that would receive over 100 email per day, 5 days a week, I would pick up and respond to a phone call faster than it would take me to go through each and everyone of those emails and sometimes, in order to clarify or obtain additional information, I would call the person rather than respond with another email. Anyone that's had to deal with a large volume of email on a daily basis as part of their job duties, in addition to other tasks and responsibilities, will tell you email takes time to go through and can be a real PITA.

As consumers, we might think about being a bit more patient and cut businesses some slack. There may be only one or two people responding to email and that most likely is not their only job responsibilities.

E-mail Is Making Us Miserable

Schiit Audio primarily offers their gear direct to the customer, although you can purchase some of their Schiit via Amazon. So yeah, you want really lousy customer service and you don't want to talk to people ever again -- go to Amazon. :biglaugh:

12. krambigmac

krambigmac Forum Resident

I'm looking at the Freya + to start enjoying tubes on my basement system. Right now, that system only has an old Sony Receiver (str-de597) and a Topping E30. I plan to work my way up to Benchmark amp and DAC but money isn't there yet. Is it possible to hook the Freya+ to a receiver so that I can buy one thing and wait on the Benchmarks?

https://images.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageHandler/trim/840/546/products/2004/158/x158std597b-b.jpeg (rear of Sony receiver)

If not, would it make sense to get something like an Aiyima A07 desktop amp since it is fairly cheap ($80) and can hold me over?

13. Art K

Art K I bite you!

I’m seeing a lot of this in forum discussions, Richard. Folks complaining to no end about customer service and yet not willing to call them. I get it to a certain extent. I also don’t want to talk on the phone if I can help it. However, before I go online to discuss the level of service from a dealer (or anyone) I will have exhausted all avenues of communication. Not saying that didn’t happen here.

Eigenvector likes this.