What's going on with ClickRepair?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Baby Driver, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

The basic versions of RX are not that expensive especially when they come on special. Right now there's a big bundle deal since iZotope is now part of a bigger company called Soundwide, which includes iZotope, brainworx, Native instruments and plugin alliance. The bundle is $49 and includes the following, all for $49.

• iZotope RX Elements
    • iZotope Ozone Elements
    • iZotope Neutron Elements
    • iZotope Nectar Elements
    • iZotope Trash 2
    • iZotope VocalSynth 2
    • iZotope R4 by Exponential Audio (Exponential Audio)
    • iZotope NIMBUS by Exponential Audio (Exponential Audio)
    • Native Instruments MASSIVE
    • Brainworx bx_digital V3
    • Brainworx bx_subsynth
    • Brainworx bx_console N
    • Brainworx bx_stereomaker
    • Brainworx bx_delay 2500
    • Native Instruments GUITAR RIG 6 LE
    Plugin Alliance Intro Bundle (BX, NI & IZO!)

There's a 14-day free trial, so you might give it a try. My understanding is that the Declick included with RX Elements doesn't have advanced modes but I've found that the basic declick is quite similar to Clickrepair. Plus, once you have Elements, you can keep an eye out for upgrade deals that happen several times a year (albeit some deals better than others).

Some of the other stuff in this bundle is cool too depending on what you use it for. I know the EQ in Neutron is very nice, as is the Ozone one. If you happen to like Reverb, the R4 plugin sounds very nice (I picked mine up once on a plugin boutique sale for $5). I haven't tried the brainworx stuff but some folks really like them.

Full disclosure: I don't work for any of these companies although I am a long-time beta tester for iZotope (since RX1!), so when I see there are deals on software I know and like, I pass it on in case it might be helpful to anyone.

2. jannej

jannej New Member

Quoting myself. If you want to reuse the trial period just move the time of your operating system to a time before you activated the Click Repair trial ; )

Works at least on my Macbook Pro running macOS Catalina 10.15.7. You'll need to disconnect internet and manually change the time.

3. LS-NY

LS-NY Active Member

I've been using it for a few weeks now. Very unhappy with the results. A lot of clicks left untouched. ClickRepair was flawless. I do hope it makes a return.

sound chaser likes this.
  4. mantis4tons

mantis4tons Forum Resident

Yeah, it works best for manual declicking... it doesn't work great if you're trying to automagically declick an entire file all at once.

5. gerblinnimbuck

gerblinnimbuck Active Member

Agree. I wouldn't hold my breath and expect the worst.

Whenever someone starts speaking legaleze you know there's some shady **** going on that is going to anger people. They use words to confuse, assuage and distract those who would loudly voice their discontent.

6. Cracklebarrel

Cracklebarrel Forum Resident

Well this looks promising. Do you have one? Own the company? Anything to say about it?

7. TarnishedEars

TarnishedEars Forum Resident

These are inexpensive yet good sounding, and very versatile phono preamps which employ DSP. And the "magic" feature definitely works. I pump the digital output from mine into my DAC to achieve better sound.

These are not the sonic equal of a high-end phono preamp. But they still sound quite good.

Cracklebarrel likes this.
  8. J. de Bloois

J. de Bloois New Member

I used CR a long time, since I discovered it. It worked very good, and I bought a license. On my previous iMac (mid 2011) I could not get it to work. Now I have an M1 MacMini, running on MacOS 12.5.1 Monterey. After reading all that was posted here, I was curious if CR would still run on my new Mac. I examined the ClickRepair App, and deep down hidden in Contents/Resources/Java i found the ClickRepair.jar file. I opened it, and then I got the message that Java runtime was needed. So I downloaded that, the filename was jre-8u341-mac0sx-x64.dmg. This file I installed, and then I opened the .jar file. It worked! I entered my name and serial nummer, and I could open a .aiff file. Great! Thanks all! I made some screen dumps. I hope Brians Davies is doing well.

bgrier, GetHappy!!, quicksrt and 2 others like this.
  9. I didn't see a solution to this problem but in case I'm not the only one who has it, and in case anyone solved it, here goes.

I have the ClickRepair suite (ClickRepair, CliekRepair LF, DeNoise) installed on my old Mac (10.13.6) and it always ran fine. When I started it up recently the registration window popped up as usual but when I tried to enter my name and registration code the fields are grayed out. No matter what I try with the keyboard nothing happens. This may have something to do with a hard drive crash last summer and running the program from the backup I kept.

Any suggestions will be welcome.

10. Cracklebarrel

Cracklebarrel Forum Resident

Welcome to the club... of the locked out.

11. cjay

cjay Forum Resident

I looked in my software collection and found a folder called ClickFix. Their website is still active and their software is FREE.

ClickFix for Adobe Audition and Cool Edit - Home

I don't have it or CR installed because I have been using my own solutions in both Audition 3.01 and also RX7 for decades now, and never had a need to try them.

Ciao!

Solace likes this.
  12. dconsmack

dconsmack Senior Member

So... anyone here getting ClickRepair running on macOS Monterey 12.6?

13. seastman

seastman Forum Resident

I have it running on mine using the steps posted previously in this thread… it seems your mileage may vary

14. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I'm running MacOS 10.15.7 and this worked for me. It didn't even ask for my serial number. Many thanks! I've been keeping my much older mac alive pretty much for Clickrepair and 1 other program.

15. dconsmack

dconsmack Senior Member

I tried the workarounds to try to get it to work on my 2020 MacBook Air running Monterey. Doesn’t work. Do you think it’s because I made a copy of CR from my main computer?

Since I cannot lose CR (running on Mojave, 2018 MacBook Pro) and the new iPhone iOS 16 won’t sync with iTunes anymore, I was forced to buy a new MacBook Pro last night just so I can keep using CR on my perfectly capable 2018 MacBook Pro, and be able sync my new iPhone. I feel sick to my stomach over it. But CR is that good.

16. John Lloyd

John Lloyd Forum Resident

I just migrated my copy of ClickRepair from Windows to macOS 12.x. I simply copied the .jar file to the Mac and downloaded the java runtime from www.java.com.
    When I loaded the .jar file, I was prompted for my user name and serial number. Once I entered those, the program ran just like it did on Windows.

17. Balcanquhal

Balcanquhal Forum Resident

Is there an 'official' source for the program? Some time ago, I recall the site went down, but my Google-fu is failing me. Thanks in advance.

18. Post-Punk Monk

Post-Punk Monk Seeking divinity in records from '78-'85 or so…

The glory of Java!

19. Joel Cairo

Joel Cairo Video Gort / Paiute Warrior Staff

No-- the rights to the program were purchased by another entity, and it's currently not available.

- Kevin

20. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

What company or who purchased it? Or is that secret information?

Is the program to be relaunched? Or was it already relaunched, but under a different name?

21. Joel Cairo

Joel Cairo Video Gort / Paiute Warrior Staff

I've been requested by the new owners to keep that information confidential, until they're ready to announce any future plans themselves... sorry!

- Kevin

22. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Never used ClickRepair software specifically, but I have been using Izotope RX9 and have had amazing results with the manual click repair tool. The RX9 version is native to Apple Silicon, and has worked flawlessly for me.

Yes, it is more $$ than I normally feel comfortable paying for. But wow has it worked really well for cleaning up my needle drops.

23. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

It can also be used in real-time.

24. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

How does the alternative work? You can't listen to the same file/segment you're trying to fix?

25. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

You can listen to it, live. I used it like that, for fun, to experiment with my setup.

Real Time Click Repair MiniPC Setup