Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

What's the best way to pack a sealed record for international shipping?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by acemachine26, May 29, 2021.

1. acemachine26

acemachine26 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I recently ordered the new Floating Points / Pharoah Sanders album 'Promises' from somewhere in Europe to India via Discogs. It came completely warped with seam splits, managed to get a partial refund but was still quite disappointed since one side is unplayable.

If I were to request sellers to unseal new records, take out the inner sleeve with the vinyl and keep it behind the album cover when shipping, would that reduce the risk of it warping and any damage to the album cover?

2. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Yes on possible damage to the album cover seams, but that won't save you from warping if the package is left to get too hot.

acemachine26 likes this.
  3. acemachine26

acemachine26 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I think the warping was caused by the entire box being bent sometime during the shipping process. I think if the record was placed separately, maybe it wouldn't have warped as much. Also it was a 140g record, I should've ordered the 180g variant.