What's the first album you truly fell in love with?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BroJB, Dec 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

"Ah, I'm almost asleep, I'll just drift off to sleep, and..."

"WHEN I GET TO THE BOTTOM I GO BACK TO THE TOP OF THE SLIDE...."

:yikes:

timind likes this.
  2. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

3. Hush

Hush "Fate, up against your will"

[​IMG]
    I was 10 years old in 1980 and this came out. I had already knew and listened to the Jam, Clash, Gary Numan etc by then, but this record, turned everything.
    I look back on this LP now and it's all rather dated, but I still to this day have a small place in my heart for this album.

Thorpy and daltieri like this.
  4. noway

noway Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Don't be too hard on me. I was only 11.

Shvartze Shabbos and Old Rusty like this.
  5. The_Windmill

The_Windmill Forum Resident

Honestly I can't remember.
    I started to "seriously" listen to music in my pre-teen years and liked some stuff but my taste evolved so quickly that I can't really tell what was love and what was a crush.
    What I know is that my musical taste dramatically changed and shaped itself when I found Genesis. And te starting point was Selling England By The Pound c/w the Self Titled one.

6. ted321

ted321 Forum Resident

It's got to be Meet The Beatles. I still remember going to Korvette's with my parents to buy it. The record dept was mobbed with people grabbing it from the huge supply they had.

starduster likes this.
  7. wrappedinsky

wrappedinsky Forum Resident

As I tried to unpeel the many years of my life to reach back to the "very first" album that I completely fell in love with, I reached the conclusion that it was this one, too. I had it on tape, and when I finally got one of those newfangled "CD players," this was my first purchase. I still dig it to this day.

enfield and timind like this.
  8. GilesM

GilesM Forum Resident

Mine is Elvis Presley, “King Creole”. It was 1977, I was 10 years old, August of that year. Elvis had just died, and I started to explore his music having seen his movies on BBC2.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    pseudopod and Old Rusty like this.
  9. katieinthecoconut

katieinthecoconut Forum Resident

Maybe The Queen is Dead in 2008, but I'm not too sure...

10. bosskeenneat

bosskeenneat Forum Resident

I wanna say either "The Beatles Second Album" or Paul Revere & The Raiders' "Just Like Us". Too many years now.....:(

11. Bossfan

Bossfan Forum Resident

Never a Dull Moment Rod Stewart/Faces

12. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

13. CDFanatic

CDFanatic Forum Resident

The Who - Tommy

starduster likes this.
  14. rjp

rjp Senior Member

standells - dirty water

15. CCrider92

CCrider92 Senior Member

Bob Dylan Freewheelin' - I literally wore it out!

16. Scott S.

Scott S. lead singer for the best indie band on earth

America's first record.

17. prudence2001

prudence2001 Forum Resident

It would probably be The Beatles 1967-1970 which I got on my tenth birthday, and was the first real album I owned.

[​IMG]

jeffrey walsh, Hush and Almost Simon like this.
  18. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

[​IMG]

When i around 8 I started using my parents turntable. The usual from parents who werent big into music - around 1979/80-ish. A best of The Carpenters, Abba, Elton. I played them all and loved them and still do. But my dad was given a copy of Oxygene. I played it using headphones on his turntable. I adored it, still do. The first album i loved from beginning to end. It always has a place in my heart. The cover, the music. When i left home i took that copy of Oxygene with me, it's been played a lot more often than it would've done had it stayed with my folks.

19. Jonathan 68

Jonathan 68 Forum Resident

I would play side one of record one of Kiss Alive almost every day before school when I was in fourth grade in 1977. I would have the house to myself and crank it. For some reason I wanted to hear those same five songs over and over again.

20. Lilainjil

Lilainjil Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Six years old. I would stare out the window at school in a reverie with this going through my head.
    I have my two older brothers to thank. Honourable mentions to Tea for the Tillerman, In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, and Clancy Brothers Live at Carnegie Hall.

timind likes this.
  21. Sedwards

Sedwards Hyperactive!

I was 10 years old when this came out in the fall of 1970. One of my first albums and the most-played one by far. Was so inspired I painted my bedroom ceiling black.
    [​IMG]

22. Pier

Pier Well-Known Member

In my case everything started on December 23th, 1970. I bought Led Zeppelin III.
    The next day december 24th, I went back again to the same record shop and bought Led Zeppelin II.
    Between Christmas and end of 1970... back again to the record shop and this time for CCR's Pendulum.
    The new Year started and still not schooltime, I spent my last Christmas money for Uriah Heep's Very 'eavy Very 'umble.
    All of them are among the most loved albums in my life (mmh, not the Uriah Heep one, frankly speaking).
    Those where the days.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    timind likes this.
  23. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

24. HarvG

HarvG Senior Member

25. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

My uncle George, who was around 6 years older than me brought home Bob Dylan's first album and said here your first LP, I was 11 or 12, it was 1962. At first I wondered who is this old codger! But the more I listened the more I loved it and the kudos I earned in school being the first in class to drop Bob's name. We were able to take LPs into the music lesson on a Friday afternoon, Bob's LP stood out from the BuddyHolly, Shadows and Elvis albums and was played the first time I took it in. The girls hated it but the hip guys came back home with me, they wanted to hear more.

So the OP's question, "what's the first album you truly fell in love with", my answer is Bob's first album, it was the first album I owned and it earned me respect even amongst the older kids at school. I don't know about 'truly fell in love with', but I was infatuated with that album and Bob from an early age.

YardByrd likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.