What’s the lamest reason you have replaced a piece of audio hardware?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by theMot, Apr 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian

Makes sense. If you were really enamoured with the sound you probably would have got around that problem.
    I see your running Totems, one of my favourite speaker companies for a rather unique but very engaging SQ. How do you like them?

2. Neonknight1

Neonknight1 Forum Resident

I once sold off a system when I moved homes and could not get it to sound as good in that room as I did in my previous house. Consisted of an Art Audio Diavolo amplifier, Audible Illusions 3A pre amp, and Cabasse Catalane 500 speakers. That is the only system I wish I had back.

3. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

I have worked my way from the Hawk to the Forest to the Wind, plus a pair of Mites to travel with. I, too, enjoy the house sound, plenty of focused bass, free and easy upstairs. I also love their cabinetry, particularly on the Winds.

timind likes this.
  4. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian

Always loved the Forest. Never had the pleasure of hearing the Winds. Must be something else I expect. Hope I get a chance to hear them sometime.

5. luckybaer

luckybaer Thinks The Devil actually beat Johnny

If I had ever ended up dating a girl who didn't match my audio gear and furniture, I'd send her packing.

6. luckybaer

luckybaer Thinks The Devil actually beat Johnny

Seems like a good reason?

7. terzinator

terzinator boots lost in transit

the guy who wrote his ad on USAM spelled the word "kidnaped" correctly

8. ggg71

ggg71 Forum Resident

Nothing senseless about that! We hear with our eyes too!

9. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

Went on a factory tour and decided I liked what they made.

10. TEA FOR ONE

TEA FOR ONE Listening to the world one note at a time

I once bought longer RCA cables in case I wanted to move my gear. The gear hasn’t moved,and I still have the cables. I’m definitely the wrong person to ask about “ reasons “.

11. JohnQVD

JohnQVD bought too many records this week

Because I blew up the last one.

12. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

Currently in the process of replacing my turntable because I really can't be bothered to fix it anymore. I've rebuilt most of it, and at this point it probably is out of my scope of repairs, needs recapped, has tonearm issues, so It's time to find something else. Sure it could probably be fixed for less than the cost of a different turntable, but it's like owning a 20 year old car. At some point, it just gets to be more of a hassle and more expensive than it's worth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.