What’s the longest you’ve had a SACD preorder in?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by dadonred, Feb 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dadonred

dadonred Life’s done you wrong so I wrote you all this song Thread Starter

and why did you leave the order in?

I’m not sure there will ever be a “Love Over Gold” SACD reissued. Am I dumb for waiting or dumb for wondering?

Also if your preorder was less than the current preorder price, will the original be honored?

Tell me your stories and experiences.

2. dadonred

Nothing?

3. MichaelXX2

MichaelXX2 Dictator perpetuo

I'm pretty sure just about every answer is going to be the MFSL Dire Straits SACDs, which unfortunately seem to never be coming out.

4. Icenine1

Icenine1 Forum Resident

I think it was one of the recent Hendrix. Are you? I finally just cancelled the order. There was another in there somewhere too I ended up cancelling.

5. dadonred

What’s the actual deal with that?

6. MFSL has announced SACDs before that never came out. In some cases, the label pulled the deal before they got around to releasing them. In this case the market is already filled with Japanese SHM-SACDs for the Dire Straits, and I think the shrinking SACD market may have spooked MFSL. They've become far more selective releasing SACDs in the past 2-3 years.

7. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Crime of the Century shm sacd from cdjapan…….ended up cancelled a year or so later.

8. dadonred

Shouldn’t the distributors have a cap on what they advertise? Why go through the hassle of customer inquiries, orders, cancellations, etc? IMO MFSL has many active SACDs that would hv far less demand than Dire Straits. But maybe I’m overestimating Dire Straits demand?

I’m just curious whether they wait for an order queue to build, then print or whether the TBA isn’t tied to any process/project.

I don’t know why a retailer would waste the heir screen space.

9. Ampzilla

Ampzilla Forum Resident

A few months. Waiting for the Dire Straits-Dire Straits SACD, but it looks like it may never happen.

10. dadonred

I cancelled. Silly to have it hanging open this long.

11. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

I waited just about 1 year for Stevie Ray Vaughan's In Step SACD from Mofi.

I put it on preorder the week it was announced, then month after month after month slipped by - almost cancelled my order. But, did get it in the end.

12. Vinny123

Vinny123 Forum Resident

As far as I know I still have a preorder in from over ten years ago w Music Direct. It’s for The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway by Genesis, SACD. After about a year I bought it from CD Japan for about 150,000 yen or about $40. Maybe one day I’ll go to my mailbox and have a package from Music Direct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.