What's with the late shipments from ImportCDs lately?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by cds23, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cds23

cds23 Accidentally slowing the forum down with huge pics Thread Starter

I'm a frequent customer at Importcds.com and have been very pleased with this site so far, nothing got ever lost. Usually it took about a week to 14 days max. to receive the ordered items. But since last october I noticed that all of my orders take about 6 weeks to arrive - sure, there's always custom service involved, but since I never order more than one CD I can't imagine them having it examined for 35 days. Have other members from Europe experienced long waiting periods with ImportCDs lately? Thanks!

2. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

6 weeks is normal to Canada.

3. clayton

clayton Senior Member

I'm in Minneapolis Mn. and in the past I've received cd's in 4 days. In the last year their shipping times have doubled for domestic orders.

4. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I am in Wisconsin near Madison and the same thing for me if not even a bit longer.

I see they partner with DHL for shipping even for domestic orders. Since you can track your order one can see where the item sits. It seems to me they waste a day on both ends one at pick up and one at delivery where DHL gives it to the USPS for delivery to the home. It has also seemed the USPS has let the package sit a day in Madison before getting it out to my small town an hour away. If I send something to California it gets there pretty fast.

By the way I noticed the same thing with DeepDiscount and they also use DHL and the last time I spoke to someone there about an order when they asked their customary "Anything else I can do for you" I brought up the issue about how long things now take. The guy acknowledged their shipping service was not the best but I don't think my comment went any further up the line.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  5. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

DHL might be the culprit, slowwww in all my experience with them
    Edit: Slow when used in the US

Guy E likes this.
  6. fra_pe

fra_pe Forum Resident

IIRC my last shipment to Germany was about 4 weeks. But it has always been that long....

7. e630940

e630940 Well-Known Member

They have slowed down - even in answering e-mails. I have a two week old order that shows 'in stock' but it has not shipped! I thought it might have to do with backlogs due to weather and the holidays, but e-mails are not being answered either.

groovelocked likes this.
  8. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Funny because DHL is Deutsche Post which in Germany is super fast. Of course the distances are quite different!

9. Witney Devil

Witney Devil Well-Known Member

I ordered a disc on 2nd January. Its been in stock since then and my order has still not been dispatched. In case there was some problem, I've written to them 3 times via their e-mail facility and have yet to have an answer of any sort.

10. Witney Devil

Witney Devil Well-Known Member

Just noticed your post. I take some (not much) comfort that I am not the only person in this situation.

I've always found them to be incredibly quick dispatching discs and I do find it very odd there has not even been any acknowledgement of the e-mails I've sent.

11. Gary Freed

Gary Freed Forum Resident

I think that the days are numbered for this latest iteration of importcds. They started out great after the restructuring, but have gone consistently down hill in the last 6 months.

My issue with them is that they cancel orders that have been placed and have very poor to non-existent customer service.

Not a very good formula for success.

I hope they can pull it together soon, I used to order from them all the time.

ti-triodes, PH416156 and playbass like this.
  12. e630940

My order just ARRIVED - so yours might be en-route as well! It took 2 weeks which is about what I expect! As for e-mails I don't know. Even though I got the order, there has been no communication!

PS: ordered 3rd Jan , shipped 4th Jan from NY

13. signothetimes53

signothetimes53 Senior Member

I had the Band's "Stage Fright" MoFi SACD on back order since last October...I finally cancelled it and bought from somewhere else. It cost me an extra $7, but at least I got it.

14. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I have been careful to only order things listed as in stock even though they do often send the items they have in stock on ahead and don't hold the entire order. I ordered yesterday 3 things one of which was the new Springsteen LP which showed in stock but today shows "ships in 5-10 days" and the order is open (still early enough in CA though)

15. Electric

It may have already been cancelled but their web site is bad about updates. AFAIK, they cancel automatically after 30 days.

16. let him run...

let him run... Senior Member

The last order I did came relatively quickly...less than a week. I say relatively because a whole series of orders took 2 weeks or longer. That may not seem like a long time, but I live 90 miles away from importcds.
    I wish they had a bare bones, no frills retail store, I'd be there regularly.

17. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I have noticed that they take an awfully long time to stock backorders, and when they do ship it's almost always late in the week - like Thursday or Friday - and the package seems to take an unusually long time to arrive - usually 8 to 10 days. Never had the actual ship time take 6 weeks though - that's crazy. They are much slower than Amazon or B&N, but perhaps those two companies, which ship extremely fast, have spoiled me.

18. e630940

My orders in Nov 2013 did take about that! However prior to that I had never experienced delays nor lack of communication! It usually takes about 2 weeks to get here (Montreal) whether I order from their website, their Amazon or e-bay stores. I am hoping it is back to normal now.

19. cds23

cds23 Accidentally slowing the forum down with huge pics Thread Starter

Well, seems like they've slowed down indeed. Again: until last summer I could order a CD there on a sunday and receive it 8-9 days later on a monday. Now I could literally fly like 3 times to NY and back and wouldn't have to worry about missing the postman. :p

20. Guy E

Guy E Senior Member

I think DHL is the culprit. They're slow and all the packages arrive damaged. I haven't gotten an intact jewel case from Import CD's in many months now. That's not a big deal in and of itself - I transfer everything to JazzLoft vinyl sleeves - but sometimes the packages are so severely crushed the inserts are ripped and damaged.

21. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Interesting, I use "The Connection" for most of my new lp releases, they are based out of Kentucky, They used DHL-->USPS on one of my orders and it took more than two weeks to get to Michigan, odd as I always get Connection orders delivered within a week, the next order I placed a week later took only three days, maybe they felt bad,lol

22. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Usually, 7-10 days. By the way, never ordered from them in December, when the holidays slow down everything

23. Electric

Just got shipping notices today for an order I placed 4 days ago. I called to ask about the delay and they said they have a new warehouse now in Kentucky. Part of my order shipped from there and part from California. I assume still 6 weeks to Canada for shipping from either location. :sigh:

noname74 likes this.
  24. Ex-Music Clerk

Ex-Music Clerk Forum Resident

I've had an order sitting unshipped since January 4th, and have received no response to emails. I've never had a problem with them before, but I've always ordered from them through Amazon or eBay previously. This was the first time I've tried going directly through their website.

25. Electric

The opening of their Kentucky warehouse has apparantly caused delays. With your order though maybe they are waiting for something to come in before they ship? If you look in your account info it will tell you what is allocated or b/o. But their web site is such a mess, it might not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.