What's Wrong With My CD Player?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by stever, Apr 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stever

stever Senior Member Thread Starter

My Onkyo single-disc CD player's drawer will no longer come out or go in automatically. I have to pull it out and push it in when playing CDs. Can I fix it or do I have to send it away for maintenance?

Thanx for your help!

2. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

If you are asking this question you need to send it away. How much is the thing worth? Is it still under warranty? If not, maybe you should consider a new cd player.

3. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Yeah. It's the draw transport. Either the motor or belt (most likley) is gone.

Onkyo as a CD player isn't BAD, but you can do MUCH better for the same price as a repair. Time to pluck that bad boy.

4. cwon

cwon Active Member

Good time to get a combi-SACD-CD player.

5. stever

Sckott - I really like my Onkyo player, but might be willing to trade if I can get credit toward a new player.

You said I can do much better for the same price as a repair, which I probably can. Give me some recommendations.

Thanx!

6. stever

Hey forumites, I would also like a couple recommendations for the combination CD/SACD player cwon mentioned above.

Give me the best value for the money (of course)!

7. oxenholme

oxenholme Senile member

An alternative you might consider would be the Pioneer DV656A, which plays DVD-A, SACD, CD, CDRW, CDR, MP3 with very acceptable sound. It isn't an audiophile machine, but it's pretty good for the money, and it's easily obtainable as a multi-region DVD-player as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.