What's your favorite "hate watch"?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Fastnbulbous, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fastnbulbous

Fastnbulbous Doubleplus Ungood Thread Starter

The Kardashians have been laughed at all the way to the bank.

The Panda likes this.
  2. Paul Gase

Paul Gase Everything is cheaper than it looks.

My brother and I were regular Dr Gene viewers. Insanity!

Gordon Crisp likes this.
  3. zeppage2

zeppage2 Forum Resident

Wally George "Hot Seat"

Gordon Crisp and Fastnbulbous like this.
  4. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

that show went off the rails lol, the last few seasons were insane.....

join the club....i will say in my defense there wasnt much left on when i would watch him!

5. Paul Gase

Paul Gase Everything is cheaper than it looks.

Yes, this too. Oddly way ahead of its time if you think about it.

6. JerolW

JerolW Senior Member

Grey's Anatomy

jerol

Old Rusty and Fastnbulbous like this.
  7. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident

Funny or Die has a great series called 'Zack Morris is Trash' that breaks down all the many, many instances of the main character on Saved by The Bell being a sociopath.

Gordon Crisp and LivingForever like this.
  8. My favorite was the 1-2 punch of '90210' & 'Melrose Place'. Now THAT was some serious Gen-X hate-watching. I had no idea I could laugh so hard, drink so much beer & smoke that much weed in two hours. Good times...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. socorro

socorro Forum Resident

God, 100 times yes. Once the John Lithgow season ended, they needed to kill the show. And like a sucker, I watched it to the end, waiting for it to get good again.

Fastnbulbous likes this.
  10. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

What's your favorite "hate watch"?

there was a show I tried to watch with this in mind, but I failed as I got so angry and pissed off I had to quit while I was ahead...LOL.

Fastnbulbous likes this.
  11. Michael

Indeed...

Hallogallo likes this.
  12. Michael

sure hope it's sooner! : ) love them passionately. I like feeling warm and happy! yea! my wife loves them just as much as I do...we make it a yearly effort to watch a HM Christmas Movie every night during the month of December...sometimes the day after Thanksgiving. : )

13. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

It’s slowly becoming HBO’s “High Maintenance”.

14. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Sometimes early in the morning when they play music videos on the CMT network. Lots of awful modern country music which makes for a good laugh now and then.

15. rob68

rob68 Senior Member

Very Cavallari

Jay Cutler is a trip.

16. Fastnbulbous

Fastnbulbous Doubleplus Ungood Thread Starter

The Lithgow season was superb, and the following season was at least tolerable. But over time you can't help feeling that if Debra were even halfway competent at her job, she'd have been onto her brother long before. By the final season it wasn't clear if it was hate-watching, or self-hatred for watching. :laugh:

socorro likes this.
  17. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

I don't have enough time to watch all the shows I do want to see let alone 'hate watch' something. But basically any reality TV is awful and if I click on something by accident that's the only time I will watch it. Cheap TV made for idiots.

Jack_Straw, melstapler and GodShifter like this.
  18. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

That guy is such a douchy goofball. I love it when he tries and act all bad ass.

BNell, melstapler and jupiter8 like this.
  19. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

Funny, but I thought 90210 was embarrassingly bad. I was embarrassed when my wife would come in the room and I was watching it. Same with Riverdale now. Always did like Luke Perry, however. R.I.P. From all indications he was a truly nice guy.

NaturalD likes this.
  20. jupiter8

jupiter8 Forum Resident

Can I give an "amen" to this?

I also used to watch endlessly in the 80s- they had some show called "Countdown to Armageddon" (fun!) which had some yahoo with a bad perm who was always trying to figure out how current events signaled the "end times" (spoiler alert: he was always wrong). Saturday night they showed CCM rock videos many of which were laughably bad (although most were boring). They also had a lot of great shows about backwards masking (why hasn't that come back in the vinyl era?). Plus Jan was a drag queen's dream.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  21. jupiter8

jupiter8 Forum Resident

The show was kind of fun and unpredictable in the first few seasons but now you could set your watch to the by-the-numbers events of each episode- Jon Taffer sits in a car watching a surveillance camera, sees bugs and/or raw chicken, goes into the bar and yells at the owner, has more experts come in the next day to yell at the staff and teach them a trendy cocktail no one who ever order, a difficult employee quits in a huff, they have a "soft relaunch" which ends in failure and more yelling, Jon makes over the bar in a ridiculous way, the bar reopens and is a success, Jon has a kumbaya moment with the owner he just yelled at for 50 minutes and walks off smiling into the night while a graphic informs us that 6 weeks later business has increased by 20%!

22. NaturalD

NaturalD The King of Pop

I guess opinions on this stuff depend on how you take it. I don't expect any weekly series on commercial TV (even more so in that era) to be Scorcese/Bergman quality drama. Like I said though, they were very well crafted "soapy" scripts and I went from watching for a "laugh" with my roommates to watching it even alone several seasons down the road and discussing with co-workers the next day. If you enjoy it, you just have to embrace it even if elements (some acting, some gimmicky storylines) are "bad".

23. SquishySounds

SquishySounds Yo mama so fat Thanos had to snap twice.

Yummy Mummies on Netflix. How they assembled the most poorly behaved trust-fund trophy wives in all of Australia onto one show is beyond me. Be thankful none of them are your neighbor.

24. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I "hate listen" to talk radio. Gets my blood pressure up every time! :D

25. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Is it "hate watching" if you watch something in the "so bad it's good" realm?

I don't hate "Mac and Me", but I only watch/enjoy it due to its shamelessness and atrocious quality...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.